friday tie dye

2»

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Mrs B³ flew out of LHR T3. She was a little disappointed until she realised that her exec club status got her into the Cathay Pacific 1st class lounge for fresh dim sum.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

vino, pizza, 'Phonics, thinkin', ponderin' here

Posh burger from the butchers grilled on the gas thing, bit of black bomber cheddar melted over, sloppy onions and mustard, now I'm sittin', drinkin' (bandol rosé, 2020 domaine lafran-veyrolles for those who gaf - miles away from what you'd expect from a rosé), and wishin' there was a rinsed out blonde on my left about whom I could be superficially thinkin'.

Musical choice will probably start with rocksteady, into some reggae. Or maybe just play Sticky Fingers or Rumours from start to finish.

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.
    sounds utterly, totally mega. Raisin' a glass of Edwyn's red to ya.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh
    More b0ll0cks, so apologies.

I have a 14 hour flight next Sat, and and 14 hour flight the following Sunday. JAL. I understand that JAL's international entertainment provision is ballcocks.

Now, I'm an android person, s21 ultra as my phone, only an ancient work laptop. However, I want to buy a decent sized tablet so I can download and watch films, box sets etc on these flights, use the kindle app too.

Galaxy S8+, or the newest ipad air? Or are these overkill for what I intend to use them for? Any experience or advice?
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Posh burger from the butchers grilled on the gas thing, bit of black bomber cheddar melted over, sloppy onions and mustard, now I'm sittin', drinkin' (bandol rosé, 2020 domaine lafran-veyrolles for those who gaf - miles away from what you'd expect from a rosé), and wishin' there was a rinsed out blonde on my left about whom I could be superficially thinkin'.

Musical choice will probably start with rocksteady, into some reggae. Or maybe just play Sticky Fingers or Rumours from start to finish.

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.
    I only ever hear good things about Edwyn's red. His white is OK at freezer temperature, if you want to get fcuked up enough to chat up Dilys from the chippy.

I've gone for Sticky Fingers. Can't wait for Sister Morphine and Dead Flowers. Mind you, listening to brown sugar, great tune, but those lyrics..."sky dog slaver know he's doing alright, hear him whip the women just around midnight".
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.
    I only ever hear good things about Edwyn's red. His white is OK at freezer temperature, if you want to get fcuked up enough to chat up Dilys from the chippy.

I've gone for Sticky Fingers. Can't wait for Sister Morphine and Dead Flowers. Mind you, listening to brown sugar, great tune, but those lyrics..."sky dog slaver know he's doing alright, hear him whip the women just around midnight".
    i'm instructing all weekend so when Edwyn's red kicks my head in all day tomorrow i'll think of you 😎😎

the white is as roughasfuck but oh yes, does the job. i like to call it a party wine.

oh good choice re s/f - playing it at a suitable volume, yah?
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2022
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.

i'm instructing all weekend so when Edwyn's red kicks my head in all day tomorrow i'll think of you 😎😎

the white is as roughasfuck but oh yes, does the job. i like to call it a party wine.

Mini all tucked up after her swimming gala (2nd in butterfly, part of winning medley, v proud) so headphones. Sony wh‐1000 mx4. Turned up so it says it will hurt my ears. 'Bout as good as Bluetooth 'phones get.

I went through a phase of lossless music, headphone amp and top end shure in ear monitors. Decided I was enough of a w@nker without making things worse, so sold them.

Happy enough now with Spotify/soundcloud and these sonys. The noise cancelling for travel is pretty good too.

• MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.

Mini all tucked up after her swimming gala (2nd in butterfly, part of winning medley, v proud) so headphones. Sony wh‐1000 mx4. Turned up so it says it will hurt my ears. 'Bout as good as Bluetooth 'phones get.

I went through a phase of lossless music, headphone amp and top end shure in ear monitors. Decided I was enough of a w@nker without making things worse, so sold them.

Happy enough now with Spotify/soundcloud and these sonys. The noise cancelling for travel is pretty good too.

Get in Mini! Vicarious proudness!

Tbh, I dream of valve amps - geezer I stayed with in NZ had valve amps, full fandango and sound quality was amazing.

if headphones are working for both sound quality and noise cancelling then mega - I used some of bambinos cans a while ago and was surprised at how good they were for a £30/40 set.

Essentially though, if its not turned up to where it says it will hurt your ears, is it even on,?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

MattFalle said:

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.
    Get piszt to Liszt.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Route planning

• beansnikpoh
    tlw1 said:

Route planning

Go where the Magners takes you.
  • MattFalle
    3 types of north:

grid

true

Magners
  • beansnikpoh
    Algorithm reggae mix. That'll do.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

Route planning

Magners?!
    https://youtu.be/9Q0sY5JP5Hs
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Good day today, free lunch with a bit of vino, spent the meal next to a rather distracting lady from the finance department. Got a call from the boss with news about pay rise and bonus then went to down the bar after work and spent too long talking to the other 'distraction' from the same department.

Now slurping on a very large g&t after pretending to be interested in Mrs. 666s choice of new blinds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.

Have ended up with just the Apple Music service which now offers lossless for no extra charge, more than good enough. Going to try a decent DAC just to see if it makes much difference.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Just noticed the BR Forums page has finally fixed the stupid privacy pop-up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435

More b0ll0cks, so apologies.

I have a 14 hour flight next Sat, and and 14 hour flight the following Sunday. JAL. I understand that JAL's international entertainment provision is ballcocks.

Now, I'm an android person, s21 ultra as my phone, only an ancient work laptop. However, I want to buy a decent sized tablet so I can download and watch films, box sets etc on these flights, use the kindle app too.

Galaxy S8+, or the newest ipad air? Or are these overkill for what I intend to use them for? Any experience or advice?

if you have prime/kindle etc., an amazon fire tablet might be simplest option...
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/fire-hd-10-plus/dp/B08F5MXJXK

or, eat lots and get squiffy on bubbly in lounge, board, change into pjs before take-off, convert seat, another bubbly or two, give brekkie order and a cheery "please do not wake me up, especially if we're crashing" instruction, snooze all the way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited May 2022
    sungod said:

..."please do not wake me up, especially if we're crashing" instruction, snooze all the way

Don't think that will sit comfortably with B³.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    Decking now finished. A day toiling in the garden and assembling garden furniture/plugging the latest hound escape routes. Lovely day, may need to put suncream on.
  • beansnikpoh
    If
    pinno said:

sungod said:

..."please do not wake me up, especially if we're crashing" instruction, snooze all the way

Don't think that will sit comfortably with B³.

I think we leave cdg at 7 p.m. I think that's 3 a.m. Japanese time. Ideally I have a bite to eat and a valium washed down with bubbly or cognac. Go to sleep about 9 our time, ask to be woken 5 hours later. Land about 7 hours later, power through until bedtime. Then up at 7 for a full day of meetings.. jet lag wossat?

I looked at the fire, seems too cheap, but probably what I need.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435

the fire tablets are for people to easily consume amazon media and do the common stuff, interweb, bit of email etc., they do what they need to do, no need for bells and whistles

the pricier tablets are high-margin products with lots of features/power that i'd say are often unused - certainly the case with most people i see with them - you have a laptop and phone already, why duplicate functionality
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

the fire tablets are for people to easily consume amazon media and do the common stuff, interweb, bit of email etc., they do what they need to do, no need for bells and whistles

the pricier tablets are high-margin products with lots of features/power that i'd say are often unused - certainly the case with most people i see with them - you have a laptop and phone already, why duplicate functionality
    You're right. I just want something bigger for watching films. My phone has 16mb of ram. 512 gb of storage. 120 hz refresh rate. AMOLED screen. It's magnificent. I bought this one outright, I'll keep it until it stops being supported.

My laptop is cr@p. It can't run teams and chrome at the same time.

I might just sit really close to my phone..