friday tie dye

'ning

not quite as nippy as yesterday

ride and cafes, smidge of wfh, bask later if sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, pack bag, work snizzle with an early dart and then chuck the kids and eldest GF into the van and off to the Lake District 😎
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wfh. Maybe ease the doms out of the legs on Mrs B³'s peleton machine, one of the "easy" 30 min rides with one of the easy on the eye instructors. I think they call it "active recovery".

Mrs B³ to Oslo, the boy working and staying at his dad's, so just me and mini to enjoy what's hopefully going to be a decent weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Into town for a change of scenery and a free lunch. I'll escape the on-going workman deckingnisndone but weve now got the painter/decorator in ton do a few rooms and some workmen round to replace the old brick gateposts that have been doing a good impression of leaning tower of Pisa as they don't have any foundations. One of them fell over the other week which prompted us to do something.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Friday the 13th! 🩸 😱
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Walk hounds, pack bag, work snizzle with an early dart and then chuck the kids and eldest GF into the van and off to the Lake District 😎

It's not... the BIG event is it? [I thought it was later later]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Early sun has disappeared. Back to scrapin' n bangin' and stuff. Meh.
    What a come down after yesterdays pedal then racing excitement. Booo!

Gd'i looks promising today. None of that sprinting bollox.
    Fair play to Diego Rosa.
    Hope Hatch develops laryngitis.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

It's not... the BIG event is it? [I thought it was later later]
    No, just a jog in comparison
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

One of them fell over the other week which prompted us to do something.

:)

This is me....
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Ride in. Cooler than yesterday. End of a long and busy week after the last long and busy week. Thank farck its Friday. Early finish to the day then it's beer and pills and thrills and chills and crisps and sofa time.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....
    I suspect this is most of us.
  • veronese68
    edited May 2022
    Morning folks,
    Should be a busy day of wfh, but a healthy dose of cba has kicked in after too much of the brown stuff this week. Should be going to the pub with the EPO later.
    I saw a bloke walking his dog with what must be the longest lead I've ever seen, not even retractable. Dogs in Bushy and Richmond Parks have to be on leads at the moment as it's baby deer season, so this plumb had a couple of hundred yards of the thing just dragging through the grass behind him and over the path. The dog is well out of frame ahead of him at this point, and the lead is still trailing in the grass the other side of the path. The path is the width of a road as you can see by the car ahead.

Ordered some bike bits on Monday to be delivered to work, got the notification today they will be delivered tomorrow. That's irritating.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....
    Lucky it fell backwards parallel to the entrance and not blocking the drive. Too bloody heavy to shift and would have been a messy job with a sledgehammer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Knackered as I spent a day on site yesterday lugging stuff about.
    Gym after work then finalize packing.
    Pre flight beer photo estimated (and notwithstanding the current airport queue fiasco) around 11am
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Weights weighted, chillin' with bambina, then chill out time with bambini, vino rosso and catching up on the Giro tonight
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....
    I always had you down as a "get it sorted before it catastrophically fails" kinda guy!

• veronese68

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....
    I always had you down as a "get it sorted before it catastrophically fails" kinda guy!

To be honest I'll usually investigate and guesstimate chances of catastrophic failure, then put it off for as long as possible, or until the EPO worries about it enough that a quiet life takes precedence over laziness.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Nice drive into town this morning, crisp sunshine, roof down, stopped for coffee and croissant on the way.

Lazy afternoon of shed tidying, and little else. Slackest day I've had in yonks.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....

To be honest I'll usually investigate and guesstimate chances of catastrophic failure, then put it off for as long as possible, or until the EPO worries about it enough that a quiet life takes precedence over laziness.
    My favourite example of slovenliness was unknowingly wearing a front brake disc down wafer thin until it just tore itself to pieces when braking towards the bottom of Balham Hill. Luckily the back disc was still sound. Swapped over the disc and meandered home at more or less walking pace...
  • MattFalle

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....

My favourite example of slovenliness was unknowingly wearing a front brake disc down wafer thin until it just tore itself to pieces when braking towards the bottom of Balham Hill. Luckily the back disc was still sound. Swapped over the disc and meandered home at more or less walking pace...
    i once did the same on a motorbike when I was 17.....
    lessons learnt, eh...
  • veronese68

Stevo_666 said:

This is me....

That reminds me, my pads are below minimum thickness. Might replace them this weekend if they're now below a hair's breadth, I'll be fannying about trying to stop a creak anyway.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Well now, turns out one can teach an old dog a new trick. Learned today how to adjust to size and reach, sharpen and use a scythe. And the experienced bloke who was teaching us newbies said I scythed really well.

That's me prepped for a role in #toryscum Grease-Smug's vision of BrexshitBritain. Oh wait, I'm escaping. Fallback option - there's always The Grim One.

In summary, give me my Stihl powertool strimmer / brushcutter every time.

And it's cold beer time, to be followed by Giro catchup.

• photonic69
    orraloon said:

Well now, turns out one can teach an old dog a new trick. Learned today how to adjust to size and reach, sharpen and use a scythe. And the experienced bloke who was teaching us newbies said I scythed really well.

That's me prepped for a role in #toryscum Grease-Smug's vision of BrexshitBritain. Oh wait, I'm escaping. Fallback option - there's always The Grim One.

I learned/taught myself (probably badly) how to use a scythe when I was about 13 to keep our orchard/bramble and grass filled plot in check. Evil looking thing. It’s was about 80 years old back then but the blade was as sharp as ever. Used a long double conical shaped stone to hone it. Still have 11 fingers, 3 thumbs and 13 webbed toes so must have done something right.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    orraloon said:

Never seen a scythe in action in this country. Respect 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Never seen a scythe in action in this country. Respect 👍
    It's classed as a power tool in Scotland.
  • tlw1
    Camp and kit sorted

• MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Camp and kit sorted

that view out of the door looks painted on!

#lush
  • MattFalle
    vino, pizza, 'Phonics, thinkin', ponderin' here
  • photonic69
    tlw1 said:

Camp and kit sorted

Nice. Airbeam. Love our airbeam. Makes it so easy and quick. From boot to tent shape in 15 mins. Fab!

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Indeed, nice view.

Back to the 18th century, #toryscum Grease-Smug tech. We had a workgroup of 12 today, many away doing non-volunteering stuff, with learner scythers. A quick calc of wo/man hours vs tasks completed. The spaces we did as a group of 12 over 6 hours, ok 5 with coffee and lunch breaks, I could have done solo with my Stihl kit in 3-4 hours.

#toryscum Grease-Smug will need to be converting lots and lots and lots of lardy-arse Waynes and Sharons from settee-surfing to actually out in the fields... BrexshitBritain, dontcha luv it?
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

vino, pizza, 'Phonics, thinkin', ponderin' here

Posh burger from the butchers grilled on the gas thing, bit of black bomber cheddar melted over, sloppy onions and mustard, now I'm sittin', drinkin' (bandol rosé, 2020 domaine lafran-veyrolles for those who gaf - miles away from what you'd expect from a rosé), and wishin' there was a rinsed out blonde on my left about whom I could be superficially thinkin'.

Musical choice will probably start with rocksteady, into some reggae. Or maybe just play Sticky Fingers or Rumours from start to finish.

Ooh, or a spot of Bach.

Choices.