Giro 2022 - Stage 5: Catania – Messina 174 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Horrible surface through the village
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Is cav in the demare group yet?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Just for info, yes, I am fully aware that my predictions for this Giro have been astoundingly wrong. Please don't bother listening to me in the future
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    This descent is harder than I thought
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    1or2 k left on this climb

Just for info, yes, I am fully aware that my predictions for this Giro have been astoundingly wrong. Please don't bother listening to me in the future

It's why we love the giro ...always delivers the unexpected
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Cav isn’t getting back
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

Cav isn’t getting back

Surprising ..
  • mididoctors
    Long way to go ..give it 10 k
  • Pross

This descent is harder than I thought

Pretty flat isn't it, not helping Cav's chase.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Top tip for anyone doing the PTP.
    Look at my pick and choose someone else. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    Max effort cab
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069

Gap has stabilised, they aren't going to close it.
  • Pross
    How far behind are the team cars likely to stretch? 2 minutes plus is going to be a struggle.
  • mididoctors
    Clawing it back a sec at a time ...
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

How far behind are the team cars likely to stretch? 2 minutes plus is going to be a struggle.

They pulled them out? They should tbh
  • mididoctors
    I think it's looking very hard now
  • Pross
    Ewan chasing hard which seems odd as there seems no chance of him getting back. Cav could do with him and his team but too many teams working at the front so seems unlikely even his group will make it. It's reminding me of the London Olympics and I can see him sitting up soon
  • mididoctors
    andyp said:

Gap has stabilised, they aren't going to close it.
    Yeah looks like it's done
  • mididoctors
    It's a good parcours as it provides incentives for this sort of action
  • mididoctors
    Kamna thinking of the jersey on blockhaus
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Has Cav sat up?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Wonder how the lead out will go, with the two biggest sprint teams off the back and the others worked hard to put them there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • notquite6foot
    notquite6foot Posts: 248
    edited May 2022
    DeadCalm said:

Has Cav sat up?

Yes, according to the Giro live text.

Almeida gets a couple of bonus seconds at the intermediate behind Ben Swift, who's won his first sprint in God knows how long. As far as I know, anyway.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900
    Hatch has just confirmed that QS and Lotto have all sat up.
  • mididoctors
    Finishing well early
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243

Finishing well early

Scheduled to finish an hour early to make it easier to get over to the mainland.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    The Swamp of Messina.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    McEwan Kelly in the box are great bouncing off each other
  • mididoctors

Finishing well early

Scheduled to finish an hour early to make it easier to get over to the mainland.
    I mean finishing well early of that ..
  • mididoctors
    Demare deserved that ...girmay boxed