'ning

nippier

ride, cafes and wfh, bubbly to recover from it all
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Early WFW and it's spitting already. Not a good sign.

more tea please
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Have to drop off the rumblewagon for its service at the village garage just a few miles out. Forecasting that I will get soaked on the short pedal back. And resoaked later when go to collect. Oh well, que sera.

Elsewise more Stuff Sorting. I need to get rad, more unneeded bits into crates for charidee shop.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Definitely looks nippier and blowier.

Wobbling with V68 this evening, assuming the rain stays away
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Your current extra girth will stand you in good stead cycling the 40mph winds forecast later 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

more tea please

Vicar?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meant to be at an office today which would have meant some hybrid commuting but early teams has mucked they up.

Work snizzle, then pack ready for Saturdays race.

Later is more ale avoidance
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Meant to be at an office today which would have meant some hybrid commuting but early teams has mucked they up.

Shorts ✔️
    Vest ✔️
    Trainers ✔️

Phew, you must be exhausted!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited May 2022
    tlw1 said:

It's raining so would've been rubbish anyway.

WFH again.
    Need to go outside at some point seeing as I didn't yesterday.

• tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Shorts ✔️
    Vest ✔️
    Trainers ✔️

😂

Waterproof jacket
    Waterproof trousers
    Long sleeve base layer
    Trail shoes
    Hat
    Gloves
    Minimum 1 litre of water
    At least 500 cals of food
    Emergency foil bag
    Headtorch (plus spare batteries/torch)
    Whistle
    Phone
    Cash
    Map
    Compass
    GPS tracker

That’s the mandatory list, plus you have a drop bag halfway round

So complete change of clothes and trainers along with extra food.

I always carry extra food & gels to try and keep on top of nutrition between checkpoints (well first half, second half I’m normally sick every time I eat)
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Your current extra girth will stand you in good stead cycling the 40mph winds forecast later 👍
    :#

18:00 forecast for Richmond is a sun peeking out from behind a white cloud, 15 degrees C and 12 mph WSW, gusting to 23 mph.

Lunchtime and afternoon looks minging mind you, but hopefully that will clear away.

Do you and your tweaked back fancy joining? Strictly glass cranking, I think my power to weight ratio might actually be tending towards zero watts per kg. :(
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Shorts ✔️
    Vest ✔️
    Trainers ✔️

If he forgets his PE kit, does he have to do it barefoot in his pants? Or take a lucky dip in the lost property basket?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2022
    Cio

at home - its bambina's first GCSE and doing dad's taxi so the entire world and all its petty little insignificantproblems can feckoff as its all about priorities and she is da number one priority at the mo'. #totaldadsupport
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Shorts ✔️
    Vest ✔️
    Trainers ✔️

If he forgets his PE kit, does he have to do it barefoot in his pants? Or take a lucky dip in the lost property basket?
    Luckily they have stores there that mean I could buy trainers pair number 9 - think it maybe mentioned by the current wife
  • tlw1

Should be enough food to supplement the aid stations, I guarantee most will just stay in my race pack for a nice trip out
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

:#

18:00 forecast for Richmond is a sun peeking out from behind a white cloud, 15 degrees C and 12 mph WSW, gusting to 23 mph.

Lunchtime and afternoon looks minging mind you, but hopefully that will clear away.

Do you and your tweaked back fancy joining? Strictly glass cranking, I think my power to weight ratio might actually be tending towards zero watts per kg. :(
    Invite much appreciated. No biking till next week at the earliest unfortunately. I could shout encouragement/abuse from the car? Although I don’t think you can do a full lap by car these days.
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

Cio

at home - its bambina's first GCSE and doing dad's taxi so the entire world and all its petty little insignificantproblems can feckoff as its all about priorities and she is da number one priority at the mo'. #totaldadsupport

Good luck Bambina.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Wet here, just as well I watered all the tubs last night...
    Early start (4am) tomorrow so get stuff done, get food, get in to bed.
    Possibly a large G&T so help me into the land of nod.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Sitting in the cafe of our local garden centre having lunch - baked spud downed, coffee supping underway, bacon sarnie on the way. Cafe is under glass so quite subtropical here :smile: WFH has its benefits.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck young 'un. Guess you'll find out in August?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Sitting in the cafe of our local garden centre having lunch - baked spud downed, coffee supping underway, bacon sarnie on the way. Cafe is under glass so quite subtropical here :smile: WFH has its benefits.

How are the rest of the old dears enjoying their afternoon tea?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Nattering away drinking tea. My OH was a bit torn about coming here to buy stuff on Tuesdays and getting the 10% discount for the over 55's as it made her feel like a blue rinse :D
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

lunch in the garden centre? i didn't know you were that old.....
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck young 'un. Guess you'll find out in August?
    Grazie!

yup - last week or so I believe, then Sixth form, Uni and either (at the mo') Navy or civil service route, international relations side.

Seems she has the brains, foresight, ambition and go getting stuff that her father never did.

That's MF by the way ya cheekyfekkers.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

no pics of norks needed on this one occasion thankyou.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Seems I am now....nice and warm and does a great bacon sarnie. Coffee a bit average but I'm a coffee Philistine.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

Seems I am now....nice and warm and does a great bacon sarnie. Coffee a bit average but I'm a coffee Philistine.
    If they do a nice carrot cake I’m there!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Cio

Good luck Bambina.
    grazie!
    Stevo_666 said:

has it got a license and sells booze?

i reckon you should get slaughtered. turn it into a right sesh.

get shedded in a shed so to speak.
  • Stevo_666
    Burp. Better get back to work soon.

• MattFalle
    ah herbaceous perennials. we like them.