'ning

mildish start

ride, cafes, smidge of wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Sun's just come out, might go and glyphos the weeds again.
    WFH if the laptop behaves.
    Might go up a hill later, depends how windy it is.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Chilled run with hounds and now work snizzle.

Later is out from a meal, might not even drink 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Some sun!
    Back to paintin' n' decoratin' n' repairin' n' sortin' n' stuff that will reduce the deposit down to diddley squat if there's anything left at all.
    4th vaccine at 11. Meh.
    Feels like I am in hell at the moment. Might subordinate some work.

Take the laptop up the hill Thistle.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Get TLW to piddle on the weeds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Get our dogs to piddle on the weeds. They seem to be able to turn grass yellow quite effectively.

A day in the Twatcave beckons. Have supplies so am largely self-sufficient for the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

I've got a tablet for that now, it's bit lighter but I need a 70% keyboard to go with it (loads of cheap ones around but all US layout).
    But it's not a bad idea for WFH, a mate was explaining to me the other day how he's set up a long range WiFi connection.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I'm planning on working outside on the new decking when it's nice and warm. Not too far from the WiFi as well. Just need to make sure I don't get too many pesky calls as it might look like I'm skiving...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

I've got a tablet for that now, it's bit lighter but I need a 70% keyboard to go with it (loads of cheap ones around but all US layout).
    But it's not a bad idea for WFH, a mate was explaining to me the other day how he's set up a long range WiFi connection.

Mega data on phone, connect to laptop/tablet and go wherever you want with a signal.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Tweaked lower back turned into a full on spasm yesterday evening. Heat pad and Nurofen the order of things for the next few days. Definitely a day for comfort food.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Get TLW to piddle on the weeds. [uh?!]
    seanoconn said:

Tweaked lower back turned into a full on spasm yesterday evening. Heat pad and Nurofen the order of things for the next few days. Definitely a day for comfort food.

Keep mobile, stretch, lie on the floor and gently rotate, sit up, bring your elbows in to your knees in a crouch position, wiggle etc.
    Have you got a bar to hang on?

This:

(not sure about the efficacy of the thumb and forefinger pose)

https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/yoga-sequences/with-a-twist/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Bambino's first time riding to school today through school run traffic so cruised in with him.

All perfect.

Now have mega happy father smile on and the world can do what it wants 'cos I don't care.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Keep mobile, stretch, lie on the floor and gently rotate, sit up, bring your elbows in to your knees in a crouch position, wiggle etc.

This:

Does hanging from a bar help the back? Haven’t been able to bar related exercises lately due to the frozen shoulder. I may be falling apart.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    MattFalle said:

Bambino's first time riding to school today through school run traffic so cruised in with him.

All perfect.

Now have mega happy father smile on and the world can do what it wants 'cos I don't care.

Awesome
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    MattFalle said:

All perfect.

Did you beat him? That's the main thing. ;)
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Tried to flick him into a hedge but he outsprinted me to the school gates the little tyke.

gonna let his tyres down tomorrow to learn him a lesson.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    edited May 2022
    Forced him into the railings outside the gates, commissaire headteacher now reviewing.

Edit: cross post. See, told ya. Have you been DQed yet?

Mizzling day, v slow start, feeling crackered, with a 'beautiful' red eye. Might toddle to the local shop and frighten people.

Stuff to Sort. Get on with it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Tried to flick him into a hedge but he outsprinted me to the school gates the little tyke.

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

This:

Does hanging from a bar help the back? Haven’t been able to bar related exercises lately due to the frozen shoulder. I may be falling apart.
    That twist pinno showed is a good one. Also google "supta matsyendrasana" a supine back stretch - I find it very helpful.
  • beansnikpoh
    pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.
    undo his quick release skewers?
  • MattFalle

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.
    i want to slow him down, not kill him him.

if anything, the paperwork is a nightmare.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.
    damn good idea

was thinking of lowering saddle and turning it sliiiightly to one side so he gets slower and a long term hip /knee issue that means I'll always have a pyschological advatage.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Forced him into the railings outside the gates, commissaire headteacher now reviewing.

Edit: cross post. See, told ya. Have you been DQed yet?

Mizzling day, v slow start, feeling crackered, with a 'beautiful' red eye. Might toddle to the local shop and frighten people.

Stuff to Sort. Get on with it.

the hive mind thinking alike. 😀😀

Not yet but I'm sure there will be s knock on the door at early o' clock tomorrow for me to explain my actions.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.

fill his tyres with sand

if he gets a puncture, tyre will stay up, bonus
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.

fill his tyres with sand

thats a winner winner idea tbh.

or concrete. postcrete to be sure
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

All perfect.

😀

Too obvious.
    Tighten his brakes.

fill his tyres with sand

You could probably go tubeless that way too.
  • MattFalle
    save money AND weight by having no tubes.

sheer genius
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in at least. Good job really given I will need my bike later. The sky was trying to leak on me, this is entirely my own fault as I removed my mudguards at the weekend. Still dealing with much stupid of course.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Beautiful day, wasted a bit with a trip to the city. Will make up for it tomorrow with some quality time out on the mower.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Couldn't sleep at all from about 4am so ended up getting up at 5 and going to the gym.
    Had one of our marketing guys here today so in and out all day, knock up a frame for the decking later as the new furniture has arrived. Might collect some fizzy stuff on the way home to pass the time...
    Trainer shopping tomorrow followed by strategic placement of clothing in large bag ensuring the 23kg limit is adhered to.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Just put some £ deposit on some wheels, an estate but not a stupid, compensate for lack of summat one. Low mileage, dealer demo one. Go check it out for real on Saturday and assuming all ok, try for best deal. Though given lack of non-fleet high mileage used or new stocks, deal? what deal? take it or leave it expected.

Another chapter in my New World Order.