sunday mann, wer hätte das gedacht, dass es einmal soweit kommt

'ning

ridey ride, cafes and cake, laze, maybe watch gd'i, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Pottering about on my bike again this morning. Sorting out the garden later hopefully.
    Sun seems to have gone into hiding now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, drank way to much last night to race today, but, I am.

Post race is a few beers so motivation to get it done quickly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Is this a bi-pedal or a bi-cycle race?

Cloudy and dull, meh. Will just have to go out with my orange night driving anti glare glasses.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    pinno said:

Cloudy and dull, meh. Will just have to go out with my orange night driving anti glare glasses.

I always find rose tinted glasses best for that sort of day.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited May 2022
    Not in pain after yesterday's ride which is a win. Sun out here so we'll be headed put as soon as we've fuelled up. Then a few jobs are on the list, some of them are mine...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Stupid short running race 🙄
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Never been much of a Take That fan 😉

Ride to get rided, sweet peppers to get potted up, more cleaning and tidying to get cleaned and tidied, best get on with it.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cleared up today, to a glorious afternoon.

Shed tidy up mainly. Moved a bunch of stuff about to sweep up, shifted some firewood. Blocked up a couple of the last spots the birds use to nest in there in spring.

Short turbo ride late in the day - first in ages. Blimey, I have lost *a lot* of condition.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Had a bit of a laugh this evening, browsing BookFarce and saw my old Mini for sale again. Low miles, decent nick Cooper S.

Apparently these are rapidly appreciating classics. Who knew? 😃

I bought it in 2018 for $9,500. Drove it for about a year and a half, fixed a couple of issues with cooling system (surprise, surprise.. ) and sold it for about $8k I think, happy to offload it. Seller is not the bloke who bought it off me either.

Today it's for sale with 50% more miles done, a couple of more major maintenance jobs ticked off as expected, and he's asking $13,500...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Rode this morning, 53km. Legs are in bits this afternoon. So rubbish!!

BBQ soon (once I get around to giving it a clean). Spot of work this evening. All good
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited May 2022
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by light pottering. Started to put the bits from the bent Chesini frame onto the new one I bought a while back, need to buy a seat post and some bar tape. Problem is I really don't like white tape, but the frame is white so what should I go for? As the rims are grey would grey tape work?

I know the bars need sorting, it's just thrown together for now, special superlight chain that's invisible and stops me getting oily marks on my clothes
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Black goes with everything, but it's a bit boring.
    White is ok but gets grubby easily, and you don't like white.
    Not sure about grey, but it might work with the chrome.
    Are the hoods brown? Maybe brown/leather, or a dark cork?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hoods are brown and I have a brown brooks saddle that would go well with them, gold lettering in the stickers. Hmmm, food for thought. But actual food first 😁
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Tinkered with my bike some more. Still have an annoying rattle. Must be headset, though I wanged up the preload as much as i could, but maybe it's just not quite seated properly in the headtube. It could be rattly shifters, but probably not. Not saddle, as its there out of the saddle. Not drive train, as its also noticeable on bumpy surfaces when not pedalling, and I indexed the gears to perfection. Could need a new cable though. It's rideable, I just like silence. Did 25 flat km. Lovely to be back in the saddle, even if my barse nips a bit now from underuse.

Boy also asked me look at his bike as it was "making a noise". Got it up on the stand. Back wheel fell out. Tw@t hadn't done up the quick release. Back wheel also pringled, but disc brakes so no matter for now.

Late lunch in Covent garden at one of Mrs B³'s Burmese friends' pop up things. All sorts of delicious chicken, and one of my favourite things. Lahpet Thoke - a fermented green tea leaf salad. Some say it's an acquired taste, but I adore it.

They're lovely women, both doctors who do this in their spare time. They were on James Martin's Saturday morning cooking show fairly recently. No commercial connection at all, but their cookbook is good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1529103207/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_7M0C2AJPXSFSTZ0Z9F80?psc=1

• beansnikpoh
    Oh, and if it appeals, we know MiMi Aye as well, whose book is advertised alongside Amy and Emily's on that Amazon link.

Burmese is a great mix of Indian, Thai and Chinese influences, but it has its own character.

Dunno how many pineapple recipes there are for our resident lover of that fruit.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2022
    Only just noticed the thread title. It's from neun und neunzig luft ballons.

Man, who would have thought it would come to this.

What has precipitated this gloomy thought? Divide and rule via inane culture wars, corrupt and inept government appealing to the worst instincts of those who have nothing to lose, but equally will gain nothing from the representatives who despise them, war in Europe, suppression of democracy in the countries who developed democracy, the UK head of state bailing out a nonce, poor fcukers having no money to boil a pan of spuds they got from a food bank, criminalisation of the right to protest, forced deportation of asylum seekers, depiction of the judiciary as enemies of the people, overt politicisation of the media (e.g. the silence from most channels of the raiding of Mone's properties due to PPE corruption, and Harding's test and trace), the normalisation of outright lies in parliament?

This is one of my favourite songs, I'm too young to remember it, but the anger is still there.

https://youtu.be/qfZVu0alU0I

Or more prosaically, did you get glass in one of your tubs? Maybe the café was out of cinnamon buns? Citron pressé a trifle too tart? They'd run out of Roederer, so you were forced to breakfast on Moët?
  • beansnikpoh
    The rhodos look fab in Cannizaro Park for those who are nearby. Take your mum, your wife, your dog. The azaleas will be out in Isabella plantation in Richmond park soon. Best time of the year.

Off to bed, been shouting into the void a bit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Night night. 😉
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

Night night. 😉

Cheers 'loon. :)

Problem is sobriety. Thoughts run amok, instead of being chemically coshed.
    I had a good and unstressful day. Which was a change.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

The rhodos look fab in Cannizaro Park for those who are nearby. Take your mum, your wife, your dog. The azaleas will be out in Isabella plantation in Richmond park soon. Best time of the year.

Off to bed, been shouting into the void a bit.

Can’t beat a sunny spring day
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    oxoman said:

Evening all. Everything done including telling eldest he's currently dating the equivalent to a sticky brown klingon, luckily he realised what I meant so didn't kill me

Would it have been worse if he was a Star Trek fan? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Tinkered with my bike some more. Still have an annoying rattle. Must be headset, though I wanged up the preload as much as i could, but maybe it's just not quite seated properly in the headtube. It could be rattly shifters, but probably not. Not saddle, as its there out of the saddle. Not drive train, as its also noticeable on bumpy surfaces when not pedalling, and I indexed the gears to perfection. Could need a new cable though. It's rideable, I just like silence. Did 25 flat km. Lovely to be back in the saddle, even if my barse nips a bit now from underuse.

Ear plugs?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!