wavefront Posts: 397
    Where did that come from!
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900
    Yates 5 seconds faster than Tom :o
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Bardet good time
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Nibali not bad either
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    They are all matching each other now ...
  • This is teeing up a great finish with MvdP still to go
  • mididoctors
    Ineos Vs jumbo team prize energy
  • mididoctors
    Yates looks like he has put 15 to 20 secs into all the GC guys
  • mididoctors
    Jaysus
  • mididoctors
    I thought Yates would do well but not win
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Ben Tullett fifth, wow!
  • mididoctors
    Really interesting course
  • mididoctors
    Yates was the fastest on the flat ... preparation
  • mididoctors
    Good stage
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    So, Yates wins his second ever TT and MvDP retains the maglia rosa by some margin.
    Both are upbeat.
    In contrast, we get third placed Tom Dumoulin, giving an interview that oozes misery.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,058
    Cracking TT stage that!
  • mididoctors
    TD may come good in the third ...either that or he just dies in the second with a lack of Kms in his legs
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    edited May 2022
    I didn't realise Marco Pinotti was working with Team BikeExchange-Jayco now. Might be part of the reason behind Yates' success today.

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    If we follow the @rick_chasey theory a good prologue means a good overall three weeks. I don't agree with the theory, but Yates does look good.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    andyp said:

I didn't realise Marco Pinotti was working with Team BikeExchange-Jayco now. Might be part of the reason behind Yates' success today.

He was a great tester ..looking fit too
  • mididoctors

If we follow the @rick_chasey theory a good prologue means a good overall three weeks. I don't agree with the theory, but Yates does look good.

To be the fastest guy on the flat is kinda special ..hard to understand how that's possible . I had him down to be the best of the climber GC guys but not win .
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    It’s the GC he wants the most. It’s the one he goes all in for, and obviously the one he has history with. I’m not surprised by that performance at all. Game on.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Point of interest today. Riders finishing their TT’s and no staff about, riding through the crowds, getting changed on busy pavements.
    Ineos had booked rooms at the Buda Castle Hotel. Van outside for bikes, riders straight in for showers etc …. literally at the finish line.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597

Point of interest today. Riders finishing their TT’s and no staff about, riding through the crowds, getting changed on busy pavements.
    Ineos had booked rooms at the Buda Castle Hotel. Van outside for bikes, riders straight in for showers etc …. literally at the finish line.

No excuses for lack of preparation then.
    You must applaud the management for that level of detail.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244

To be the fastest guy on the flat is kinda special ..hard to understand how that's possible . I had him down to be the best of the climber GC guys but not win .
    Matt White has been banging on about their kit this year - that matters in TTs
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited May 2022
    ES Producer - Sean, we've really got to big up tue action today, lots of energy and excitement right?

Sean - sure sure, bring de craic, I'll do me best so...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    edited May 2022
    Kelly sends me to sleep. Someone needs to slip him some coke or adrenaline.
    Are him and CK supposed to balance out? Doesn't work. CK needs some downers. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    No one should be surprised at Yates’s TT - his Paris Nice TT was brilliant (5th: and check out those in front of him) - then he used that prowess to seriously trouble Roglic and WVA on final stage…
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Yeah he has been constantly improving and has had increasing good results.

Gratuitous self quoting from the pre race thread:
    m.r.m. said:

Love the Yates odds. Think he is stronger than Carapaz, but Carapaz has the better team. If there were more TT km's, I'd pick Yates. I wouldn't bet it, because while the odds are good, I don't think he will win.

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244

Matt White has been banging on about their kit this year - that matters in TTs
    Friebe making the same argument on the podcast