'ning

mild, looks like back to cloudy though

ride and cafes, lazing, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    edited May 2022
    Today the hounds won’t walk in the woods as I might as well enjoy that orange thing in the sky and go through the fields.

Can’t decide if I’m going for a gentle jog or actually resting.

Later is cycle back to the old place to meet the wife after her hair appointment then out to friends for dinner.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    smidge of sun, but cloud prevailed

got rained on, dried out, rained on again, but tubs escaped the glass

three cafes, only one pastry, which calls for a corrective cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Someone has jinxed it as its dull here. Latest load of crapp from clearing the far end of the garden transported to the tip, supermarket shopped. Walk dogs soon then meet a Ukrainian lady looking for new accommodation this afternoon.

Decking getting there...onto bathroom tiling, boiler and windows after that.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Is that decking (right way up of course) positioned for ease of trebucheting items over the neighbours' roof let alone fence?

I foresee a day of cleaning and tidying, ahead of owners coming round on Monday morning for an 'inspection' as part of their prep for change of tenant. What fun! At least can have the TT running as background.

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Is that decking (right way up of course) positioned for ease of trebucheting items over the neighbours' roof let alone fence?

I foresee a day of cleaning and tidying, ahead of owners coming round on Monday morning for an 'inspection' as part of their prep for change of tenant. What fun! At least can have the TT running as background.

Both strategically positioned for a spot of MF style mischief. Could easily get burning bikes etc into the rear courtyard of the houses in the background as they're about 20-odd feet lower down. Second one will need a decent trebuchet as we need to get it over a 20 foot hedge - not sure that's a good idea mind, as that neighbour's got a big Rottweiler.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    edited May 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

Someone has jinxed it as its dull here. Latest load of crapp from clearing the far end of the garden transported to the tip, supermarket shopped. Walk dogs soon then meet a Ukrainian lady looking for new accommodation this afternoon.

As my old kiwi colleague would say."Nice d1ck mate, shall we sit on it this evening?"

"Fettling" a friend's bike this afternoon, which might involve much sucking of teeth and scratching of head, then a recommendation of a visit to LBS...She says it's the disc brakes making a racket. If they're mechanical, I've not got a scooby. I'll just apply a hammer, then lighter fluid, a match, and make use of the trebuchet aimed at the bowling green.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Second day of appalling weather. Wind, rain, hail etc. Stayed indoors and sulked. My "fitness tracker" (ha!) has been giving me messages all day like "Dude, WTAF is going on? Are you nearly dead and I should ping someone?"

Had to make a deeply unpleasant late afternoon drive to the shops to forage for dinner comestibles.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, been out and about with the EPO looking at progress on the old dear's gaff and shopping for a mattress and hob for us. The old house is going slowly, looks quite sad now

But things will be much better once she's settled into the new place.
    I might fettle some bikes this afternoon. Is your friend fit B³? I can probably help if needed.
    Tea first
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Rode up into the mountains on my little singlespeed to go and help out at the local MTB (not) race.
    30 miles in 7.5 hours :smiley:

Weather's been rubbish here too as you can see:

Hopefully I put enough suncream to not look like Dave Dickinson tomorrow, and enough Deet so I don't look like spotty.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311

"Fettling" a friend's bike this afternoon, which might involve much sucking of teeth and scratching of head, then a recommendation of a visit to LBS...She says it's the disc brakes making a racket. If they're mechanical, I've not got a scooby. I'll just apply a hammer, then lighter fluid, a match, and make use of the trebuchet aimed at the bowling green.

Can you swap the pads around?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Been cutting grass me. Meh. Sun has popped out proper.
    Hopefully the weather will hold up for a decent pedal tomorrow morning.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532

Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, been out and about with the EPO looking at progress on the old dear's gaff and shopping for a mattress and hob for us. The old house is going slowly, looks quite sad now

But things will be much better once she's settled into the new place.
    I might fettle some bikes this afternoon. Is your friend fit B³? I can probably help if needed.
    Tea first

She is fit, older than me, but still fit.

Obviously uses her back brake, scared of going over the handlebars she says. She was down to the steel on the back brake, a smear of braking surface remaining, and had been braking on the retaining spring, which had therefore mangled, and was making all the noise. Front brake barely worn. I ordered some new pads at 4.99 per, and will fit them. Chain also >1% wear, and dry as a bone, but I cleaned and lubed, and she wasn't @rsed about a new chain/cassette.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141

I had a similar problem with my rear brake which I sorted this afternoon by riding down a steep hill and braking hard.

The front one was also making a funny rattling noise on descents. Turned out the bolts holding the caliper had come loose. Where's my Loctite....
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

As my old kiwi colleague would say."Nice d1ck mate, shall we sit on it this evening?"

Actually the reminds me, got to buy some garden furniture as we freecycled the last lot.

Anyhow, looks like we have ourselves a Ukrainian house guest in about a months time if all goes to plan.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Picked up some reduced price, use by today, ok then I will tuna steaks, knock up a sweet pepper, chilli, tomato, new potato, garlicy, herby base and sear fry the tuna, ace! I like cooking. But no I ain't no masterchef wannabe.

Too much domestic keerap today so no ride, but tomorrow I will get on out there.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

I had a similar problem with my rear brake which I sorted this afternoon by riding down a steep hill and braking hard.

This ^; I like.

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Garden Centre visited and spent a fortune on bedding plants. All planted and looking good. Eldest has come home so silence had been broken, we're currently winding young oxo up as he's a Man U fan.🤭

Most Man U fans don't live that far north.
  • Stevo_666