'ning

nippier start

ride cafes and wfh, feels like a long week
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Not WFW today, I’m in a polling station all day, doing my bit for the local council. So no ride this morning but a long day sat on my butt.

Looks dry today, better than yesterday’s soggy feeling
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Decided to lump todays two runs into one later, so walk with hounds then work snizzle without the catering division.

Pilates was ok, managed to avoid the third leg lift, only one fart and nearly fell asleep once - so a success.

Later the current wife is out so will try pub avoidance, but doubtful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    tlw1 said:

Pilates was ok, managed to avoid the third leg lift, only one fart and nearly fell asleep once - so a success.

:D That makes you sound old...

On train again. Got a 'team day' with the expanded evil empire and 2 new-ish minions so wont be doing much work.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Moaning,

Not WFW today, I’m in a polling station all day, doing my bit for the local council. So no ride this morning but a long day sat on my butt.

Looks dry today, better than yesterday’s soggy feeling

Could have sat on the turbo trainer.
    I doubt they made any rules for that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cloudy grey meh.
    Will fill a skip and start to sort the bombshell in rental property.
    I doubt she'll get much of her deposit back.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Yup, busy.

Got an interview tomorrow with a fairly well established, though pre-IPO fintech tomorrow. Not that I'm necessarily looking to move on, but the prospect of not reporting into an overseas head office, and not working for a company of >70k employees for the first time since 1999 is quite attractive. But also not, because stability and ability to pass the buck/hide is greater in a company like that. Equally though, like Mrs B3 - share options.
  • Stevo_666

Yup, busy.

Got an interview tomorrow with a fairly well established, though pre-IPO fintech tomorrow. Not that I'm necessarily looking to move on, but the prospect of not reporting into an overseas head office, and not working for a company of >70k employees for the first time since 1999 is quite attractive. But also not, because stability and ability to pass the buck/hide is greater in a company like that. Equally though, like Mrs B3 - share options.

Sounds interesting. Didnt think you'd get potentially itchy feet that quick, mind.

Been in a room with the minions for most of today and just headed home now. Catch up with the boss tomorrow, hoping for some decent news on bonuses.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    All the responsibility if it goes t!ts north, but no actual power to change where I see risk. I can argue until I'm blue in the face, but if local management don't want to change their sh1tty processes, there's nothing I can do.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

All the responsibility if it goes t!ts north, but no actual power to change where I see risk. I can argue until I'm blue in the face, but if local management don't want to change their sh1tty processes, there's nothing I can do.

no harm in looking around tbh - at least it gives you an idea of whats out there.

doing the same here - 95% sure of putting in transfer request to new unit or signing off. had enough.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Catch up with the boss tomorrow, hoping for some decent news on bonuses.

Bonus? Whats one of them?

(They sneakily changed the policy at our place so only directors are eligible for bonuses and the minions who do the hard work get fa).
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Catch up with the boss tomorrow, hoping for some decent news on bonuses.

Bonus? Whats one of them?

(They sneakily changed the policy at our place so only directors are eligible for bonuses and the minions who do the hard work get fa).
    We managed to adjust the targets for last year part way through by pulling the 'unexpected circumstances' card (Brexit, container costs, chip shortages etc). Just as well really, as the bonus makes up a reasonable percentage of pay packets for many here including me.
  • Stevo_666

Fair enough. I do at least have some leverage to change stuff as we are quite 'command and control' of our ops here at regional HQ.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Back in Ingerlaand. It's warmer here.

Another sans difficulté transit of the M6. Guess means next time will be proper shite, pendulum swing etc.

Chill down with a coldie then night-nights.
  • beansnikpoh
    What about this for the trips down to Somerset? I'll have clothes down there, no need for luggage.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202205055354810?advertising-location=at_bikes

• beansnikpoh
    Or am I being shovelled off the road in a bin bag after a week?
  • Stevo_666

What about this for the trips down to Somerset? I'll have clothes down there, no need for luggage.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202205055354810?advertising-location=at_bikes

Looks like fun but don't be an organ donor. I stayed off motorbikes for that reason.
  • beansnikpoh
    Maybe this is my mid life crisis.

My thinking is that I'm a v careful driver on the road anyway. Can't legislate for others though.
  • Stevo_666

Maybe this is my mid life crisis.

My thinking is that I'm a v careful driver on the road anyway. Can't legislate for others though.

Fair enough: thought that as you were going going for a 1l superbike you might want to gun it. Regardless, any trip that long when it rains or is generally sh1tty weather is going to be a bit miserable.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

nah.

get something with z fairing - you'll get blown to bits on that

Gixer 750, Trumpet 675, K5 or K6 Gixer thou if you can find a good one.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • beansnikpoh
    I've always liked the power to be there, even if it's rarely used.

You're right about the sh1tty weather.

But 150 hp on something that weighs 200kg.

In any case. I've been vetoed by everyone except the boy. Wife, daughter, mother, brother, dog.... :)
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2022
    I'll spend the money on a ropey ho or two and top end cognac and blow and have a heart attack instead.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited May 2022

• beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

nah.

I did wonder about the lack of fairing. I'd want a sports tourer rather than a sports bike.
  • pinno

Or am I being shovelled off the road in a bin bag after a week?

This ^.
  • Stevo_666

I'll spend the money on a ropey ho or two and top end cognac and blow and have a heart attack instead.

Or a top end ho or two and a ropey cognac and blow?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Cheap, won't kill you:

Thought that was an ad for your Merc before I clicked it :smile:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

MattFalle said:

nah.

I did wonder about the lack of fairing. I'd want a sports tourer rather than a sports bike.
    Sold my 1200 Bimmer for that reason. No fairing. Fine round town, and up to about 50 mph, but anything beyond that just zero fun at all, just a chore to hang on.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Woken early this morning by thunder and hail storm. In May!? Rare here any time, but this is weird. Will check damage when it stops, and/or I’ve finished my cup of tea.

Two days. Thats all I got. Had another (very f*^king expensive) needle in the neck on Monday, and for a very short while it was effective. I wasn’t really expecting great results, but still very disappointing.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    This tread had me on auto trader looking at motorbikes again, it’s hard not to go with the Ducati isn’t it