'ning

smidge brighter than yesterday

ride, cafes, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Moaning,

Rain again forecast for today, tho the gods were with me yesterday so hopefully their still on my side
    Looks brighter…

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Gentle jog with hounds then work snizzle.

Later I promised the wife I would go to Pilates 🙄 might dust off the TT bike if the weather improves and give it a test
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    You'll love Pilates :smile:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    thistle_ said:

Time will tell
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,720
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Eyes will tell
    FTFY
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Pilates - yes please. Although wigwams in yer trackie bottoms is hard to conceal.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,418
    tlw1 said:

Gentle jog with hounds then work snizzle.

Later I promised the wife I would go to Pilates 🙄 might dust off the TT bike if the weather improves and give it a test

Are you going going to Pilates to 'firm up'?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Rain, grey, low cloud, meh.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Gloomy here as well. Camped out in the Twatcave while decking construction continues in the back garden.

Weekend should be interesting interesting as we're meeting a Ukrainian refugee who needs sponsoring. She's already over here having wisely scarpered early on, but needs a new sponsor as her current one has apparently just been sectioned (!) You couldn't make this stuff up...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Question for the Welsh contingent: is this the correct pronunciation of 'Coffee Bean 100'?
    https://youtu.be/pw34vmQ2GrI
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Stevo_666 said:

Gloomy here as well. Camped out in the Twatcave while decking construction continues in the back garden.

Weekend should be interesting interesting as we're meeting a Ukrainian refugee who needs sponsoring. She's already over here having wisely scarpered early on, but needs a new sponsor as her current one has apparently just been sectioned (!) You couldn't make this stuff up...

There was one case I read about where a woman booted out a refugee after demanding money towards bills. Also plenty people who are or should be on a register, asking for "favours". It doesn't seem to be managed well, whether by accident or design.

Glad your case is progressing though.
  • thistle_
    edited May 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

Question for the Welsh contingent: is this the correct pronunciation of 'Coffee Bean 100'?
    https://youtu.be/pw34vmQ2GrI

Yeah kinda but with a non robotic accent (ffa coffi cant).
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022

Stevo_666 said:

There was one case I read about where a woman booted out a refugee after demanding money towards bills. Also plenty people who are or should be on a register, asking for "favours". It doesn't seem to be managed well, whether by accident or design.

Fingers crossed.

There will always be people trying to make a quick buck out of this (or worse). It may take time as they have to assess our accommodation, do the CRB checks etc. Tbh £350 a month should cover any extra costs no problem.

And there may be more twists and turns. Charity bloke said 50% of matches don't come off for a number of reasons - some just aren't a good match, some people are being too picky (sponsors and refugees apparently) and in our area some are a bit wary about being out in the sticks rather than in the big city, some change their mind about leaving now places like Kyiv are no longer under immediate threat. Etc etc.

Hopefully the delay will give us time to finish the rest of the big jobs on the house (replacement windows, new boiler).
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fingers crossed.

There will always be people trying to make a quick buck out of this (or worse). It may take time as they have to assess our accommodation, do the CRB checks etc. Tbh £350 a month should cover any extra costs no problem.

And there may be more twists and turns. Charity bloke said 50% of matches don't come off for a number of reasons - some just aren't a good match, some people are being too picky (sponsors and refugees apparently) and in our area some are a bit wary about being out in the sticks rather than in the big city, some change their mind about leaving now places like Kyiv are no longer under immediate threat. Etc etc.

Hopefully the delay will give us time to finish the rest of the big jobs on the house (replacement windows, new boiler).
    At least if you've passed all the checks you'll be ready to go when someone wants to move in, even if the current deal falls through.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Fingers crossed.

At least if you've passed all the checks you'll be ready to go when someone wants to move in, even if the current deal falls through.
    True. We already had one go awol after being put forward and us offering to make contact. Hopefully this one will be a bit easier as she's already here.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Cool and damp day. Another round of taxi driver duty and shopping necessity put paid to any useful achievements for the day. Couple of days of much rain coming up, which kinda spoils my plans for a few jobs outside. Had to light the fireplace this evening too. Humph.

Seems to have mislaid the ability to just chill and relax these days. 😕

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Funeral and a site visit done and dusted. Gym after work followed by an early night.
    Pre dawn raid on the southerners tomorrow.
    Bike is in the shop having its BB replaced, I'd usually do it but for £15 labour costs I'm happy for them to sort it in time for a ride at weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Sun starting to shine so here's a view over town towards the bigger hills.

Long day of chatter on and mostly off topic with previous owner, thought would be 1.5h max turned out 5.5... plus popped in to sample local microbrewery taproom and lo there he is, so another 1h of chatter. He's a nutter.

Time for eats, more beers and sleeps.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    You all moved now then 'loon? Or a few more trips with stuff?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    At least one prob 2 hire, or if I get my sh*t together own car trips with zero spare capacity, then a busy week mid June with van + brother + pal.

Given the bottom of the driveway is a 35 degree scree slope at present, the elderly L200 needs to get serviced and migrated north.