tuesday rotated 4π radians from reality

'ning

ride cafe, nip into gmc for a couple of hours, or less, bail & laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Ride to work shortly and hope the forecasted showers miss me, repeat later as on split shift, hey-ho
    Happy days
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited May 2022
    Up too nearly for my liking to catch the train into town. I've left Strifey to make tea for the workmen who are back to do the rest of the decking this week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Dull, cloudy, cool meh - doesn't inspire.
    Girls are back to school.

[Bit quiet in here]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited May 2022
    Meh, first day without ale for a while - probably a really good idea!

Need to run later and may go to the gym
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Got up early to get in early to do stuff but it didn't work out.
    Bunch of guys have just turned up at the office to do some demolition and alterations which none of us knew about.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Up at 5.15 for a gym session.
    Still ferked from weekend.
    Need sleep.

And tea...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

fist day without ale

I'm afraid to ask...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of wasted effort. Attempted some fancy joinery but it did not end well. Start over tomorrow perhaps, with a simpler design.

Do I buy another car? Sensible answer is no.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

fist day without ale

I'm afraid to ask...
    😂
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Why is a Tuesday masquerading as a Monday worse than an actual Monday? Feeling a little weary after a lazy weekend, enjoyed taking it easy though I must say. Now in the orifice fending off much stupid. Enjoyed the wobble in at least, although it was a little fresher than I would have liked. Not helped by someone stealing a large proportion of my hair.

You don't come here for sensible advice, do it, do it, do it ...
    We should probably ask what it is? Is it an Aygo?
  • Wheelspinner

You don't come here for sensible advice, do it, do it, do it ...
    We should probably ask what it is? Is it an Aygo?
    Not made up my mind yet on what. I'm considering something to tinker with in the shed, but has to be something I can actually use. Only recently bought the replacement wagon (535i F11), we have a ute for stuff, and there's a convertible in the garage already for sunny day trips. I'm therefore thinking a coupe of some sort. Audi TT (first series) or BMW E46 3 series. Finding one with decent spec and history ain't easy.

But, there's the possibility of a bit of a Q-Car going reasonably priced - a BM 520d sedan, but manual box, and retuned for a bit more power and torque, up about 15-20% on stock. Not really different enough from the wagon I suppose, but the manual shift is *very* scarce here and the spec otherwise is good.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    I'm still looking for a car.

£6-7k. ULEZ compliant so probably not a diesel. Comfortable enough for 180 miles. Crappy enough to potentially leave in a multi storey station car park for a few weeks without attracting attention. Big enough for 3/4 and a smallish dog.

Currently looking at 5-6 year old small displacement petrol engined Seat ibiza, audi a1 or vw polo with 40-60k miles. Probably all literally the same car aren't they?

Been to the Japanese embassy for my visa.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Holiday or working?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

I'm still looking for a car.

£6-7k. ULEZ compliant so probably not a diesel. Comfortable enough for 180 miles. Crappy enough to potentially leave in a multi storey station car park for a few weeks without attracting attention. Big enough for 3/4 and a smallish dog.

Currently looking at 5-6 year old small displacement petrol engined Seat ibiza, audi a1 or vw polo with 40-60k miles. Probably all literally the same car aren't they?

Been to the Japanese embassy for my visa.

Did you ask them what car they'd recommend?
  • beansnikpoh
    They said Toyota yaris, but my mum's got one.
  • beansnikpoh

Holiday or working?

Holiday. To keep at Taunton station to pick up and drive the last 40 miles when we're using the place in Porlock a lot, and to use down there. Or bring back to London when we're not. Otherwise we'll blow the mileage allowance on the tank.
  • beansnikpoh
    Also, the boy turns 17 in June.
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

What about the Auris should be in your price bracket.

You're not wrong oxo. I like the look of those. Toyotas are bomb proof, and that's got a bit of extra size. Thanks.
  • pinno
    Looking good:

Big enough, plenty of luggage space, smooth, quiet, non ULEZ compatible but who cares?, under B³ budget, bomb proof.

• beansnikpoh
    Summat like this pinno please. Do me one like that.

• pinno

I wish.

I am not keen on cabrio's in any form though. My preference is the SEL saloon:

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Collected the keys of the future home this pm after a no probs M6 traverse, got to be a first in a long time.
    Xxxx, have I got work to do there, dropped off a carload of random stuff, no point in empty loadspace moving up and down, and had a wander around. It's A Project. More things to do than I remember from viewing in February. Will keep me out of mischief it will.

But here's the (misty cloudy so can't see the hills beyond but can see the loch down at the bottom) view from the ManCave sit in the afternoon sun and enjoy room.

New World Order.

Well done Loon. Although you seem to have gone back in time to February :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I wish.

I am not keen on cabrio's in any form though. My preference is the SEL saloon:

Looks a bit like the base model for the 'Red Pig', the original AMG.

• Wheelspinner

One of those for sale here. Mint, restored.

Two Hundred And Eighty Thousand Dollars.

😳🤪🙄☹️😵‍💫
  • Wheelspinner
    orraloon said:

Collected the keys of the future home this pm after a no probs M6 traverse, got to be a first in a long time.
    Xxxx, have I got work to do there, dropped off a carload of random stuff, no point in empty loadspace moving up and down, and had a wander around. It's A Project. More things to do than I remember from viewing in February. Will keep me out of mischief it will.

But here's the (misty cloudy so can't see the hills beyond but can see the loch down at the bottom) view from the ManCave sit in the afternoon sun and enjoy room.

New World Order.

Looks good! Post a piccie if/when the sun is out too 😀
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

New World Order.

Nice one 'loon!
  • pinno

One of those for sale here. Mint, restored.

Two Hundred And Eighty Thousand Dollars.

😳🤪🙄☹️😵‍💫
    Yeahbut. You wouldn't actually want one: Too much money tied up in them to ever put your foot down and you would need a very dry, custom built (and secure) garage to store it in and you would never drive it in bad weather. You couldn't leave it anywhere for fear of damage or theft - say you fancied a drink and decide to get a taxi home.
    Most of these cars end up with collectors who seldom, if ever drive them - which is a shame.
    My 944 will never be concourse and I didn't want t to be. I had the opportunity in lockdown to totally strip the chassis and I thought 'no'.
    My mate's Mini (nothing special but still £24k refurb.). Spends 350 days a year in a 'Carcoon' in a heated garage.
    Give me a slightly rough practical classic any day of the week to have fun in.
    E Type or 1.6 205 gti? The E type is gorgeous but I would sooner have the latter.
  • Stevo_666
    I loved my 205 GTIs - had a 1.6 then liked it so much I got a 1.9. Made out of kit kat wrappers and sticky back plastic but great fun, road legal go karting.