Orro Venturi

Finally took delivery of new summer road bike, Orro Venturi in 12 speed Di2 flavour

The spec is designed to tick all MFs favourite boxes... disc brakes, Ultegra Di2, Hunt wheels. I will also only ride it wearing a club jersey.

Bars are Yeoleo H9 v2 - wanted a one piece to clean up the front end with the integrated cables, and they were just about the only ones I could get in a 38cm 120mm combination. Installation was a proper ball ache but after a few attempts I came up with a decent technique so don't reckon it would take too long a second time.

I did a lot of research on the wheels. I originally wanted Winspace Hyper because they were well reviewed, nice depth and very low weight (carbon spokes lopping off 100-150gs vs other similar wheelsets). However, in the flesh they were quite narrow so wouldn't have looked right with the 28mm tyres I wanted to run. I also toyed with Yeoleo Pilots to match the bars but they weren't available for a couple of months. The Hunts were only a couple of hundred more than either and came the next day after I ordered, with a UK warranty, easy returns etc. I know Hunts are somewhat divisive but these are 1450g 55mm deep super wide - really not much else around with those sort of specs unless you pay silly silly money.

New Di2 is great - super fast front and rear - and I don't think I would have attempted the one piece bars if it weren't for the wireless shifters.

Tyres at the moment are a pair of Shwalbe Pro Ones I had lying about, but I will get a set of GP5000s TR transparent because visually, tan walls will break up the blackness a lot. Corsa G+ are another possibility if the current availability problems persist.

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited May 2022
    That looks super sharp, serious weapon - congrats B)

Personally I would fully embrace the all black finish, I think that looks really nice.
    Maybe even remove the wheel decals if possible, or replace with black ones.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    Needs black pedals fitted to complete the stealth look. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2022
    Tbh, its blimmin' lovely. Sweet as. Not going to discuss wheels, etc as its your baby. But..... 🤣🤣🤣

I was looking at these when I bought the S3 and if I could have got a rim braked one I would have.

Proper straight top tube not like the ugly stupid sloping one of the Cervelo.

Tan wall tyres are, as you correctly say, an essential....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    Needs some Spokey Dokeys installed to prevent deaths by shock of you suddenly appearing next to people. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Lovely stuff.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    I cracked and got black pedals...

Annoyingly my 4iii power meter didn't clear the gap between the frame, so power meter pedals were the only solution. Favero Assioma duos fixed it, and are indeed black.

I fully expect derision here, but the rear Hunt wheel was badly out of true and is going back for repair. The shop I bought it from offered to true it for me & recharge Hunt but when I explained that they were carbon spokes they said "best send back to Hunt then". Says something about their quality control... But let's see if the customer service / warranty redeems the situation.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593

Annoyingly my 4iii power meter didn't clear the gap between the frame, so power meter pedals were the only solution. Favero Assioma duos fixed it, and are indeed black.

I fully expect derision here, but the rear Hunt wheel was badly out of true and is going back for repair. The shop I bought it from offered to true it for me & recharge Hunt but when I explained that they were carbon spokes they said "best send back to Hunt then". Says something about their quality control... But let's see if the customer service / warranty redeems the situation.

No derision.
    There has been a discussion for a while that Hunts are over rated, and over priced.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    Davo, have a chat with Lee at ZedWheels. He’ll build you ‘anything’ and on his site he lists wide and deep 55mm carbon discs. You could spec up etc. He is the man of the string spikes used by many of the hitters in the HC world and has an excellent reputation as a wheel builder. He built me a very light set of 38mm clinchers with carbon spokes etc and have been very very happy with them. Maybe time to return the hunts if they are already out of true? Also looking at what you might have paid for the Hunts I don’t think hand builds from Lee would be out of reach.

And your bike is stunning!
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

No derision.
    There has been a discussion for a while that Hunts are over rated, and over priced.
    this

personally i'd send them both back for a refund and buy something else, giving me a better/different wheelset and peace of mind.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    I'm going to persevere with the Hunts because whilst there is a lot of choice for c1600g 55mm U shaped wheels for around what I paid; there is not for c1450g, nor those in a bulbous wide shape. The only way you'll get that is with a hookless rim, carbon spokes, or mega bucks components. The Chinese brands do them - and I'm paying a c£200 premium for getting from "a UK brand", which I'm fine with.

Fortunately I already have a set of 38mm Primes from my Ribble which can do whilst I give Hunt a chance to sort it.
  • MattFalle
    wavefront said:

Davo, have a chat with Lee at ZedWheels. He’ll build you ‘anything’ and on his site he lists wide and deep 55mm carbon discs. You could spec up etc. He is the man of the string spikes used by many of the hitters in the HC world and has an excellent reputation as a wheel builder. He built me a very light set of 38mm clinchers with carbon spokes etc and have been very very happy with them. Maybe time to return the hunts if they are already out of true? Also looking at what you might have paid for the Hunts I don’t think hand builds from Lee would be out of reach.

And your bike is stunning!

prices look ok but no different parts to Prime, Selcof, Merlin, Hunt etc but don't come with skewers of spare spokes.

An option though.