sunday to the outskirts of infinity

'ning

milder but cloudy

ride and cafes, see if i can outnap the cats
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    No hounds to walk as we are away so the kids will hopefully do it.

Reasonable run needs doing and then a nice lunch somewhere followed by an afternoon of ale and a night on a boat to celebrate a pals birthday, it’s going to be messy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Don't fall off the boat.

Wedding reception was bearable but that was because I knew a lot of people. It was hooge. Buffet was high on the puke scale.
    Filled the ice rink (curling).
    I wondered how they covered the floor but it didn't work like that. The ice is melted and then drained off.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    sungod said:

outnap the cats

Tricky.

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,842
    'ning. Apparently it's IOW Randonnee day, every year that it has ran over the last five years since I began doing more riding, it has always caught me by surprise on the day! Looks like morning of sporadic showers, then steadier rain this afternoon, so perhaps not such a loss this year as I don't want my Cube melting, must get across there to do the Ventnor esplanade to Down Lane tasty little climb at some point.

Snooker final later, IV drip of caffeine now, trying to decide whether to try and dodge the rain showers or set up the turbo once MrsNOTG gets up.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'Ning
    Seems like I managed to get sunburned riding around yesterday for 7+ hours, today it's cool, breezy and wet.
    Went up the local "mountain" first thing, got soaked but managed to chat to a couple of people in South Aus on the radio, nobody from the @Wheelspinner estate though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Minor lie in had. Off to Tunbridge Wells shortly to pick up some tiles for the bathroom. Then may head out and walk the hounds who've already run themselves silly chasing each other round the garden and are now snoozing.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Massive pile of old fence panels and stuff gone. Head is sore and scabby. Off to Hampshire for a gig in a couple of hours. Hound has been unwell for about 10 days. 12 year old Labrador so it’s a little worrying as she’s off her food. We’ll give the meds the vet gave her a few more days but hope she starts improving a bit.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Massive pile of old fence panels and stuff gone. Head is sore and scabby. Off to Hampshire for a gig in a couple of hours. Hound has been unwell for about 10 days. 12 year old Labrador so it’s a little worrying as she’s off her food. We’ll give the meds the vet gave her a few more days but hope she starts improving a bit.

Fingers crossed for your dog Jgti.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Cheers Stevo. She’s a lovely old girl. Poor thing.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Tivoli Gardens. Ride dodging. Managed to find some of the best oysters I've had in ages for lunch. Really plump and delicious.

Dinner later, then some more harbour hopping tomorrow on the boat bus thing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

Tivoli Gardens. Ride dodging. Managed to find some of the best oysters I've had in ages for lunch. Really plump and delicious.

Yummy. Just with a squeeze of lemon?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed, spent a bit of time with the EPO doing nothing in particular before wobbling to Wombledon for lunch with friend's daughter and baby. Walked up to the common after lunch then went to check on the old dear's new gaff. Work seems to be progressing well. Old place is still standing, but not for long. Passed B³'s place but didn't stop given he's off gallivanting.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    If today could be summed up in one word it could be this:

FUCK

https://www.strava.com/activities/7071689035
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Yummy. Just with a squeeze of lemon?
    Yep. Nothing more needed.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

censored

Well done HD👍 Put your feet up.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    sungod said:

outnap the cats

Tricky.

censored

Ouch!
  • pinno

Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed, spent a bit of time with the EPO doing nothing in particular before wobbling to Wombledon for lunch with friend's daughter and baby. Walked up to the common after lunch then went to check on the old dear's new gaff. Work seems to be progressing well. Old place is still standing, but not for long. Passed B³'s place but didn't stop given he's off gallivanting.

That's all very well but what do you think of oysters?
    I can have real, live vag.
  • Stevo_666

censored

Blimey, good going HD.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

For a couple of quid each?! Good going. Do they smell fresh, these cut price vag? Do the owners mind when you squeeze lemon on them?
  • beansnikpoh
    Nice one HD!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    Seems like I managed to get sunburned riding around yesterday for 7+ hours, today it's cool, breezy and wet.
    Went up the local "mountain" first thing, got soaked but managed to chat to a couple of people in South Aus on the radio, nobody from the @Wheelspinner estate though.

Apols, was out of range yesterday… went for a drive up the coast with car group for lunch, turned out rather nice day too.

Off this morning to get stabbed in the neck again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pinno said:

I have no desire to have sexual relations with an oyster, not sure why you would think otherwise. Do you think I'm a Conservative politician or something?
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

For a couple of quid each?! Good going. Do they smell fresh, these cut price vag? Do the owners mind when you squeeze lemon on them?
    On the plus side, you don't have to take an oyster out for dinner and talk to it about its problems.