saturday gazing out across an alien sky

'ning

looks like a nippybright start

ride and cafes, much lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Lounge away from the hordes. No bubbly, too bloody early. Breakfast on its way. Then Copenhagen. I'd forgotten. Could have done with a quiet weekend at home.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

... No bubbly, too bloody early.

you've lost me there

billecart-salmon extra brut with a full english, mmm
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    sungod said:

looks like a nippybright start

ride and cafes, much lazing

Wot he said.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    What brand was that Oxo?

Cloudy, windless, mild. Rained overnight - that's the first in a while. In Jockish terms, it's been a bloody drought.

Full English - no thanks.
    Bubbly - yes please.

What's ya doing in (Swedish pronunciation) Schoepenhaven B³? It's a beautiful city.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Good lie in as is traditional. Bank Holiday weekend = usually at home, don't like to be travelling when everyone else is. Got stuff to do on house and garden so will press on with that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

What brand was that Oxo?

Cloudy, windless, mild. Rained overnight - that's the first in a while. In Jockish terms, it's been a bloody drought.

Bubbly - yes please.

What's ya doing in (Swedish pronunciation) Schoepenhaven B³? It's a beautiful city.

Revisiting. We came in November, liked it, so came back to see it when not quite so sleety and dark.

Wafted through the separate first class check in and security at T5, which goes straight into the lounge, had breakfast, then the gate was only 5 mins away. Hardly saw anyone else.

Weather seems reasonable, just having a sit down in the room before being marched around the place all day by Mrs B³.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

DHB, went by the size chart 😖. Will try a size down. Run runner and sun well out, might even wash the car.

I find that with DHB. Although, their M mitts were far too tight. Having said that, I haven't got limp office hands.
    And Castelli - you have to go the other way.
    I can thoroughly recommend the Wilier own brand bib shorts. Super pad, great fit.
    If you don't mind Ribble branding, these are a bargain:

https://huubdesign.com/products/team-ribble-weldtite-bib-shorts-red-mens?variant=39324258369619

Or without:

https://www.bikester.co.uk/wilier-cycling-club-bib-shorts-men-M1040705.html?vgid=G1535159&_cid=21_1_-1_9_2106_1535159__pla&campaign_detail=smart_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV1UsQKmKQ3VJe00wGNqhgi-bKqzTT8wWGT573x9HVG3oFZw-EihcskaAgmSEALw_wcB

...and M means M. If you see what I mean.
    They are better than DHB and as good as my much much more expensive Castelli Giro D'Italia shorts.
  • sungod

pinno said:

What brand was that Oxo?

Bubbly - yes please.

Revisiting. We came in November, liked it, so came back to see it when not quite so sleety and dark.

Wafted through the separate first class check in and security at T5, which goes straight into the lounge, had breakfast, then the gate was only 5 mins away. Hardly saw anyone else.

Weather seems reasonable, just having a sit down in the room before being marched around the place all day by Mrs B³.
    i recall about 30 years ago wandering in constant drizzle to eventually reach the little mermaid, a truly underwhelming vista, regret it to this day
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

(Swedish pronunciation) Schoepenhaven B³?

Reminds me of this old sketch

https://youtu.be/d6IBiR9m3vY
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Currently destroying a brick built planter in the back garden, why oh why do I build stuff so well!
    You could use it as a bomb shelter.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

ride and cafe

Nice and warm but too cloudy for a tan today.
  • homers_double
    Trip to the sun bed shop in your shorts to get those lines?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    Just for sungod. No drizzle today.

• pinno
    She fell victim to the Situationists.
    [for some inexplicable reason]
  • thistle_

Trip to the sun bed shop in your shorts to get those lines?

A George Foreman tan.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    First properly slow start for what seems like ages was enjoyed. Now sorting through some of the stuff from the old dear's place. Going to hang a few pictures next. Lad is having a great time in Verona, female child is in Weymouth. Might go out for a drink with the EPO later.
    My folks lived in Copenhagen for a while before having us, never been myself. Old dear wants to go and visit, so might take her sometime.
  • homers_double

"what are you doing?"

"hang on darling I'm just taking a photo for a man/woman/they on the internet"
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh

"what are you doing?"

"hang on darling I'm just taking a photo for a man/woman/they on the internet"
    Nah, took one with a sulky mini and a smiling mrs B³ next to it afterwards.

It's a bit underwhelming. Took the boat taxi back to town. Keep walking past pubs rammed with massive red faced blokes drinking litres of beer in the sun.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Finished finally dismantling the glasshouse, frame stripped to a pile of bolts and bits of galvanised steel, plus a stack of glass panes. Next will be a lot of head scratching to design what to do there instead. We'd *like* to re-route the driveway up through that spot, makes a much better entry to the garage, but that little project would involve a nearly 30 metre long retaining wall replacement, some cut and fill landscaping, resurfacing of the existing bit, new fencing, new paving, blah blah money blah money.

I visited Copenhagen once, on the great Euro trip as a uni student. Had spent a week in Paris, 4 days in Amsterdam, then went to Denmark for a day on the way to Oslo. Think I stood on the exact spot @beansnikpoh is for that photo above, 41 years ago.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

ride and cafe

Nice and warm but too cloudy for a tan today.
    lovely and sunny here, no breeze, just had a few hours basking
  • sungod

lest others be taken in by the zoom in and camera angle ploy :smiley:

• Stevo_666

Keep walking past pubs rammed with massive red faced blokes drinking litres of beer in the sun.

You didn't need to go all the way to Copenhagen for that.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

lest others be taken in by the zoom in and camera angle ploy :smiley:

Spot on! I was lucky to get an uncluttered shot.
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Keep walking past pubs rammed with massive red faced blokes drinking litres of beer in the sun.

You didn't need to go all the way to Copenhagen for that.
    You do for the actual litre sized glasses. I'd not fancy that mind. The beer would be warm by the time I reached the bottom.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited April 2022
    'Noon, freezing on way to work this morning, forecast to be a cool day but boiling towards end of shift. Tired after work but trying to get myself ready to head off for a ride, given tomorrow is expected to be wet and Monday cool, heaping the pressure on myself to try and do my first 100Km ride since last May but struggling to even come up with a route that isn't fairly hilly in my shattered state! Snooker semi-final is a tense finish too this afternoon.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    COME ON MARK!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

COME ON MARK!

Of the current players Williams is probably my favourite. If there’s a long pot he’ll go for it, regardless. I like his general laid back attitude and sense of humour.

O’Sullivan is a god on the table but a tw@t off. Trump is a bit up his own @rse and his comb back/over pre hair transplant was extremely irritating.

Snooker, another sport/game I’d kick Pinno’s @rse in.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Trump is a bit up his own @rse and his comb back/over pre hair transplant was extremely irritating.

Are we talking about Donald or Judd?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    A few days of work meh travel with a company card maxed out on ale spend - oh so tired now, but out out in Chester so better get on with it

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. Quite a productive day. Bluewater first thing, avoided the traffic there and missed the crowds. Then dead uncle’s place where we cleared a decent amount of stuff. Cleared some rubbish from the alleyway so that I could finally swap the knackered old fence panels. Waste will be removed tomorrow. Of course, I hadn’t planned on being clonked on the head by a falling clamp. Nice cut to the scalp but not enough for a trip to the hospital. Cleaned up with the help of Mrs GTi and currently behatted so that a dressing stays in place. Stupid idiotic thing to do - my own fault, I’d balanced one high up instead of just moving it. Serves me right.