Upgrading Giant tracker hub to microspline to fit XT cassette.

Hi all, I’m looking to upgrade my 2018 Giant Anthem to a 1x12 XT with a microspline cassette. My anthem has the standard shimano free hub on a “giant tracker boost 12x148 hub”and I’m not sure how to spec a replacement? I tried giantuk who just said they don’t make a replacement so not sure if that means I can’t get one or if it’s non giant replacement!

I have removed the freehub as images show, can anyone guide me on what/ where I need to go or is it a new rear wheel!!
Cheers for any help
Martin

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    New rear wheel if you want to use a Shimano cassette.
    Otherwise you could try one of the aftermarket 12-speed cassettes such as SunRace that fit the HG free hub.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Cheers pal, yeah I was looking at https://www.garbaruk.com/
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yup, new rear wheel or at least a complete hub inside that wheel if you want microspline.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.