wednesday in the eternal now

'ning

nippy

ride, brekkie meeting, day out, bubbly will feature several times

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, work stuff then hill repeats and potentially meet up with some old running club friends for some gentle miles.

Maybe pub too as it is Wednesday and won’t get chance to go to the local for a while as I’m away until Monday
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Work work day, finish early, get prepped and packed up ahead of early scarper tomorrow towards Belgie. Bring it on.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Just think 'Loon - you'll soon have access to McEwan's 80/- soon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Nippy sort of bright.
    Tricky is grumpy. It's been over a week.
    Shorty is slightly anxious about the x country.
    Benny Beans is having a mad hare about 'cos the poor bloke is hungry.
    I'll try and drop the fella off slightly early.

'hill repeats' - I presume this is by foot TLW?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Yep.

Good way to spend an internet buddies birthday 😉
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

Just think 'Loon - you'll soon have access to McEwan's 80/- soon.

Ah days of future passed.

Or maybe go for Sulwath Criffel? Or Five Kingdoms Heart of Darkness?
  • pinno
    What is that Five kingdoms like?
    They started just as we stopped collecting in that area.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Yep.

Good way to spend an internet buddies birthday 😉
    Whose birthday?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Ooh, a mystery birthday - how exciting :)

Bit tired, but hopefully a peaceful day of WFH. Work on the decking on-going, they've started to put the new woodwork in place but still, a fair bit to go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

V68? The little scamp is growing up so quickly.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Day off exercise today, still sleeping badly partly due to the birds that live in the trees opposite our bedroom window.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Went out to find breakfast in the village. I'm bringing the average age down a bit. Everyone says hello, instead of scowling and brandishing a knife. That'll get old quite quickly, as I'm an anti social fcuker.

View from my wfh perch.

• beansnikpoh
    If you look closely, you can see thistle, tlw's weekend pile of empty cans and 3 of the MFs. That's Welsh Wales over the sea to the left of the hill there.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Thought that one was already done and this was another one. Oh well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Went out to find breakfast in the village. I'm bringing the average age down a bit. Everyone says hello, instead of scowling and brandishing a knife. That'll get old quite quickly, as I'm an anti social fcuker.

View from my wfh perch.

You should be able to get some decent cider down there. Major consideration in a house purchase.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

He's aging fast if he's got another birthday today.
  • thistle_
    Shorts and short sleeves for the ride into work which I regretted. It warmed up for the last 5 minutes at least.

I've upset the puncture fairy, the pub bike had a puncture again this morning after I fixed it last night ready to take out today.

Planning weekend adventures now, riding later then investigating above puncture later. I wanted to make a new pigeon roaster this evening but guess it will have to wait.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Shorts and short sleeves for the ride into work which I regretted. It warmed up for the last 5 minutes at least.

I've upset the puncture fairy, the pub bike had a puncture again this morning after I fixed it last night ready to take out today.

Planning weekend adventures now, riding later then investigating above puncture later. I wanted to make a new pigeon roaster this evening but guess it will have to wait.

You have something just for roasting pigeons?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    nippy, cold wind, no sun, brrr

on the plus side, just had another eurodelivery arrive with no vat/duty/clearing charge (well over the 135gbp limit)

overall saved about the price of a couple of bottles of billecart-salmon vs. buying from wiggle etc., with the added pleasure of not giving anything to the government to squander, win win
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

I've got an amplifier coming for my radio transmitter, and a directional antenna.
    It's only 50W so they'll probably just discover it's nice and warm and sit there in the way.
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

on the plus side, just had another eurodelivery arrive with no vat/duty/clearing charge (well over the 135gbp limit)

overall saved about the price of a couple of bottles of billecart-salmon vs. buying from wiggle etc., with the added pleasure of not giving anything to the government to squander, win win

Who did you use? Always a PITA finding a bargain abroad then bring stung by dreaded vat/duty.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

I've got an amplifier coming for my radio transmitter, and a directional antenna.
    It's only 50W so they'll probably just discover it's nice and warm and sit there in the way.
    If the wild ones taste any good, up the power a bit.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

Who did you use? Always a PITA finding a bargain abroad then bring stung by dreaded vat/duty.
    this was starbike.com

it's probably luck of the draw, but based on the last year, if it comes via national postal services it seems less likely to get caught up - had several via la poste->post office, and deutsche post->post office, that were over the 135gbp threshold but came through for free

tbh i only do it if it would still be less even with duty/vat etc. added, can't be disappointed either way

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

After the last couple of weeks it feels like I'm aging that fast :neutral:

Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfw, managed to wobble in at least. Traffic was dreadful so was particularly pleased to be on the bike.
    The view over the bowls club is better than I imagined B³, makes SW20 look positively picturesque.
    Out for beer and curry tonight as it's the nearest Wednesday to my birthday, also means the others pay for me which is a double win. EPO will probably complain about some random farting and snoring all night, no idea why that happens when i have beer and curry. Must be a coincidence.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Grrrr.

Internet service off for several hours today. Tried contacting "technical support" who are not even very good liars let alone competent advice people.

Builder's tradies on site next door decided they'd move a few barriers and drive over our entry way because stupid. Told them fairly bluntly since they were too lazy to ask permission and lacking any form of manners that they had best just FRO in future. Rang the owner and suggested they may like to remind their contractor who owns what.

Cut new side panels for cabinetry in living room, now to spend a few days finishing - sand, stain, sand, stain, lacquer, sand, lacquer. Tedious but worth it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

The view over the bowls club is better than I imagined B³, makes SW20 look positively picturesque.

Out for beer and curry tonight as it's the nearest Wednesday to my birthday, also means the others pay for me which is a double win. EPO will probably complain about some random farting and snoring all night, no idea why that happens when i have beer and curry.
    Yeah, they used all their ill gotten funds to do a spot of landscaping..

It's the beer. If you have lassi, it tempers the farting and snoring. Not so much bloating either.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

'transmitter' ? Are you radio Luxembourg? Do you own a ship?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

'transmitter' ? Are you radio Luxembourg? Do you own a ship?
    Handy way to contact local doggers?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

View from my wfh perch.

You should be able to get some decent cider down there. Major consideration in a house purchase.
    I think we are popping out for a drink later, so I will investigate the cider situation. Somerset/Devon borders, I reckon we are bang in the middle of scrumpy country.

Saw the place earlier - it's enormous. 3 beds, 3 baths, utility room, and a vast vaulted beamed ceilinged living/dining area with a nearly new kitchen. Log burner too, which means I should get an axe and and chainsaw. Pretty much immaculate. Mrs B3 has done herself proud.
  • orraloon
    And... house purchase contract concluded. At effin' last, 6 weeks after should have been in place so 6 weeks of uncertainty and stress. Take ownership on Friday, when I will be in WestVlaanderen enjoying 🤔 let me think...

Times they are a-changin'.

Time to get org-ed for v early scuttle to the shuttle.