'ning

no sign of weather warming up, seems to be getting nippier instead

ride and cafes, gmc dabble, laze, maybe arrange some hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'Ning

Hope it warms up and it's less windy than yesterday as I've got my shorts on and was hoping for some uv.
    Rubbish sleep again so might not get far today.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Evenepoel-esque commute in on the new bike. Smoked everyone in sight, shoving aside any too slow to make way for my awesomeness. Circled back and smoked them again. Must have averaged 700watts easy. Coffee, work avoidance. Gloomy grey, chilly.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    If you only had to put out 700 watts Seano, it just shows how weak your opposition was.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit cloudy grey meh and no wind to blow them away.

Today will be a run around Thistle style and not much else really.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Pretty nippy here too but it's supposed to warm up a little so more DIY destruction of the decking tonight.
    Gym sesh earlier, admin stuff this morning.

Now follows a shameless plug...

I'm taking part in Ride London at the end of May and riding for Get Kids Going, a charity which provides disabled athletes with equipment and mentoring to hopefully allow them to compete at the Paralympics for team GB.

Any donation would be appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-kershaw9
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Busy morning, but change of plan last night and now WFH. We've got workmen in stripping out the old decking ready for the new stuff to go in. Previous owners did it on the cheap so we're putting that right and it might last a bit longer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning, but change of plan last night and now WFH. We've got workmen in stripping out the old decking ready for the new stuff to go in. Previous owners did it on the cheap so we're putting that right and it might last a bit longer.

Millboard. It's the opposite of doing it on the cheap. Works v well, and is very low maintenance.
  • beansnikpoh
    Was up at 5:25 to see mini off at 6:30. Therefore wfh.

Well, I say working, more like applying for a visa while on calls.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Millboard. It's the opposite of doing it on the cheap. Works v well, and is very low maintenance.
    Ta for the tip but we've already ordered the new stuff and paid a deposit so too late to change. Not cheap anyway as we've got 3 lots of decking and 2 are getting completely replaced; the smallest one is just getting a spruce up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Surprised to wake up to quite overcast skies after the weekend of such clear ones. Was a late start too after a lousy sleep.

Ticked another job off the list today at least - new firewood storage outside the laundry door, much more accessible. Used up some scrap bits of particle board sheeting to do it, total cost = zero. Result.

Cleared up nicely in the afternoon, so a long leisurely walk was done to take in the views.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Come into the orifice for a break, had to return the van anyway. Still as busy as the proverbial one armed juggler, but at least I'm not lifting stuff. I seem to have aged another year, although it feels like more, so bought the cakes and everyone was pretending they liked me for a few minutes. Now I'm back to being the old(er) curmudgeon in the corner. Going out for a beer and pizza with the EPO the lad and his girlfriend later. Then falling asleep on the couch no doubt.
    Put the bike in the van last night so I could ride home this evening, annoyingly I forgot to pick up my shoes this morning. So SPDs and regular shoes for a slower than usual commute home. Luckily Seano and his new ride aren't on my communt.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Happy birthday V68! 🥳🥳🥳🎂🎂🎂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Yup, Happy birthday V68. 🍻
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    What they said...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Felicitations VN.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Looks like Seano is using an ebike for work and had it chipped.🤔😡😡

If so, it wasn't Vtech that chipped it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    edited April 2022
    Another year! Bleepin' L. Commisserngratulations 68man.

Gym gymed, bunnies on the loose, but ffs don't just sit on a machine and scroll through your phone.

Countdown tasks of the day ticked off, now for more Stuff Sorting.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Come into the orifice for a break, had to return the van anyway. Still as busy as the proverbial one armed juggler, but at least I'm not lifting stuff. I seem to have aged another year, although it feels like more, so bought the cakes and everyone was pretending they liked me for a few minutes. Now I'm back to being the old(er) curmudgeon in the corner. Going out for a beer and pizza with the EPO the lad and his girlfriend later. Then falling asleep on the couch no doubt.
    Put the bike in the van last night so I could ride home this evening, annoyingly I forgot to pick up my shoes this morning. So SPDs and regular shoes for a slower than usual commute home. Luckily Seano and his new ride aren't on my communt.

Happy birthday old man :)
  • beansnikpoh
    Happy birthday V68!
  • pinno
    Brie and salad baguette followed by a Crème Brûlée for lunch.
    Marvellous.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Happy birthday V!!

Been a busy day. Made a colleague cry (had to break the news that her probation will be extended due to her not meeting any of her targets and stuff) so that was fun. She’ll resign before the end of the week, deffo. Other than that, I’m hungry.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    HB V!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    Happy birthday v69
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Bit cloudy grey meh and no wind to blow them away.

Today will be a run around Thistle style and not much else really.

The rain pixxed off eventually.
    5 minutes of short sleeves was all I got today. Gone a bit chilly again.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Happy birthday v68

Shoot day of meetings and corporate shoot that is wearing rather thin.

Recovery run done and then undone by eating my first Easter egg. Cider was avoided for once though
  • Stevo_666
    Popped along to the Parish council meeting as the Mrs was in a foul mood and I figured they'd have wine and nibbles afterwards - and guess what, I was right. It was a bit 'Vicar of Dibley', mind :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Cheers chaps, a good day all in all. Work was dull, had to go to a short meeting, it was a stand up job to keep it brief. I don't consider an hour particularly brief. Went by the old dear's new gaff and collected our new ovens, good nick pair of Miele jobs.Work has already progressed at an impressive rate which is good. The old gaff is still standing, but the front garden is almost completely gone. Then went for a nice relaxing meal not having to worry about things. Best birthday present I've ever had.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Popped along to the Parish council meeting as the Mrs was in a foul mood and I figured they'd have wine and nibbles afterwards - and guess what, I was right. It was a bit 'Vicar of Dibley', mind :D

Have you asked yourself how you ended up here?!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Free grog and a desire to escape the trouble n strife?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

With a large automobile, a beautiful house, and a beautiful wife?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.