Campy Potenza Carbon Brake Pads?

WGD
WGD Posts: 12
Having a massive issue with my first carbon Campagnolo wheelset (bora WTO). Had previously run aluminium rims and was well aware that I would need to change pads for the new rims.

The new wheels actually came with carbon pads however to my amazement these Campagnolo pads did not fit my Campagnolo Potenza brake shoes as it seems the shoes (BR-CE500?) support a more Shimano-y system with a grub screw to hold the pad in place.

My question is can I just shove some shimano campagnolo carbon pads (BR-BO500X1) in there or failing that any other shimano carbon brake pads?

Any help gratefully appreciated in an area I had no idea would be so confusing…

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Can't comment on your specifics but Dura-Ace fit perfectly in Athena brakes.
    Likely similar.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Try some LifeLines from CRC/Wiggle.

Work perfect, cost pennies.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • WGD
    Thanks a lot, sounds like it’s worth trying shimano carbon pads - as long as the pads are carbon specific and fit the shoes there aren’t any other concerns I should be worried about?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    WGD said:

Thanks a lot, sounds like it’s worth trying shimano carbon pads - as long as the pads are carbon specific and fit the shoes there aren’t any other concerns I should be worried about?

Nope.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • WGD
    Ideal, thanks for all the pointers!