Superstar hub service

Hi all. ✋
I'm looking for some help and guidance with trying to refurbish a superstar wheelset. Xc430 rims with superleggera trizoid 120 hubs.

The front hub appears to be missing a dust cap (correct terminology?) and I have had no luck trying to find a replacement, either second hand or from superstar themselves. Any ideas on a fitting part from another make or a bodge ?

I'm also after a guide on how to replace the sealed bearings in these hubs. I'm pretty handy but tend to want to know what I'm doing before charging ahead. My first hurdle is removing the axle.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• xc-andy
    xc-andy Posts: 174
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    I suppose it’s not economically viable for Superstar to stop production on a CNC machine and make a single spare.

It might be worth popping into a local engineering college and asking the teacher if one of the kids can make one ! We used to make all sorts of stuff when I did my apprenticeship.
  • xc-andy
    xc-andy Posts: 174
    mully79 said:

I suppose it’s not economically viable for Superstar to stop production on a CNC machine and make a single spare.

It might be worth popping into a local engineering college and asking the teacher if one of the kids can make one ! We used to make all sorts of stuff when I did my apprenticeship.

Ha ha, no I didn't expect superstar to make me one, but thought they might have some kicking about.

That's a really good shout about getting one made. Heck, even a 3d printed one might do for now.