Wiggins

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Swimming, gymnastics, football, cycling. My guess is every sport where these bastards had access to young kids without parents present, away from homes.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    gweeds said:

Swimming, gymnastics, football, cycling. My guess is every sport where these bastards had access to young kids without parents present, away from homes.

Not just sport. Church, school, scouts and any organisation that deals with kids.
  • Swimming had its own horror story circa 30 years ago (google "Paul Hickson swimming coach") and introduced some quite onerous procedures re kids in the care of any adult at galas and training camps etc. as a result. The "grooming" side of things appears - mercifully - to have been addressed, though issues remain re coaches emotionally abusing kids to train harder and "fat-shaming" to further their coaching CVs, which though decidedly non-ideal are relatively easy to overcome.

The balance may have tilted a little too far on the side of caution though. My Good Lady is CRBd etc. to be able to work with kids in a medical context but she's still considered incompetent re keeping her own children safe at a gala and is required to hand them over to the care of the coach who has done a few "safeguarding" courses but doesn't have any kids of his own and the "life skills" that come with that. (Coach is a great guy though, and is routinely terrorised by the teenage girls in his squad!)
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Happened wide scale in sport, and thankfully people are gettin justice. A football club in Scotland has just recently been told by a judge they will need to pay out to victims of a wide spread ring in their club that they helped cover up and reemployed sacked staff.

What ever victims want as justice shou;d be served.