'ning

looks like it's getting cloudier

ride and cafes, do stuff, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Currently cloudy and damp but some sunshine forecast mid morning.

Everything's hurting so I should just have a lazy day, but that will probably end up going for a walk/ride somewhere local.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Crossword crossed. Stroll strolled.
    Packing up stuff the others can't carry.
    Lunch and then the long journey. I normally tie a knot in it and try to do it without a stop.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sunny start.
    Very calm in Casa Pinno today.
    Benny still getting used to morning routine noises, peering round the corner at us.

Today will be chores, food shop then pedal later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Sunny start.
    Benny still getting used to morning routine noises, peering round the corner at us.

Has he permanently moved in now?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Decent lie in after junior woke everyone up earlier to go to the gym. Rinse and repeat today - walk bounds, do stuff in the garden, then maybe a bike ride and chill.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    bit nippier, roads still quiet, no doughnuts to be had though
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start after last night midnight curfew with drinking buddies ended up as 5am 😂 current wife isn’t moving and friend didn’t respond to my text seeing if he fancied a run - assume they will all blame me

Went for a run with a different pal and had a giggle - now it’s tea / hot tub and sunshine - I’ve had worse Mondays
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Sunny start.

Well... he's wary of new noises and Mrs P crashing around in the morning - especially emptying the dishwasher and whisking the coffee (Latte*).
    I did have to remove the bath panel as he got in there via the airing cupboard in his bid to investigate every nook and cranny.
    Such a different cat to Jack. Jack settled in like it was purpose made for him.

*Am I going to get sh1t for this?
  • beansnikpoh
    Drink your coffee how you like. I've packed it in. A week or 10 days of banging headaches.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Sunny start.

Well... he's wary of new noises and Mrs P crashing around in the morning - especially emptying the dishwasher and whisking the coffee (Latte*).
    I did have to remove the bath panel as he got in there via the airing cupboard in his bid to investigate every nook and cranny.

*Am I going to get censored for this?
    You've sold out, Comrade Pinno. Next thing you'll be telling us you drive a Porsche.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Department bulletin sent out authorising the teachers to press "Submit" on their coursework uploads so that's a HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEE job done for the year. It's been the cause of so much stress, one of those things that feels so big that you can't see how you're going to get to the end of it. The marks aren't as good as in previous years but this year group have been a pain in the rear end from the start; I'll be glad to see the back of most of them.

Other things to do: lunch, then drop some parcels off at the parcel lockers, pop up to the dead uncle's house again, and relax. May have a short ride this evening. Was going to go this morning but work was the priority. I have to start riding a few times a week now because I'm supposed to be doing ride London and am, quite frankly, nowhere near ready to ride 100 miles. Suppose I should be grateful that it's Essex (so flatter) and wider roads. And that there seems to be a spot where I can bail if it's getting to be too much.

Onwards ho!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    edited April 2022
    johngti said:

...I'm supposed to be doing ride London and am, quite frankly, nowhere near ready to ride 100 miles. Suppose I should be grateful that it's Essex (so flatter) and wider roads. And that there seems to be a spot where I can bail if it's getting to be too much.

Onwards ho!

Nah. You'll be fine. Just do 4x25 miles.
    Most of it is in the mind assuming you are not the common variety couch potato.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

You drink your milky coffee, personally I think its 🤮. Prefer mine strong and black. Good luck with the cat.

My preference is a Cafetiere and black, no sugar but I have an acid intolerance.

@beansnikpoh : One coffee per day for me. No headaches, no sleep problems. No other caffeine based beverages either.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Drink your coffee how you like. I've packed it in. A week or 10 days of banging headaches.

Headaches after packing it in or the cause of you packing it in. Coffee chez H³ was very good. #prayforH³, #longliveB³
    Just having a coffee from the mocha at the old dear's, still lots left but we've cleared the majority of what she's keeping. Last bits next weekend once she's gone to Italy.
    Hope the moggy settles Pina.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Sunny start.

*Am I going to get censored for this?
    have you tried feliway? can help cats calm down until they get used to new surroundings/changes
  • johngti
    Here’s a fun one. Trying to flog one of the dead uncle’s keyboards on Facebook marketplace and this exchange happened (and bonus points for anyone who can explain what “put your face in the piano“ means!) (multiple posts because the order matters!)

• johngti
    2/

• johngti
    3/

• johngti
    4/

• johngti
    5/

• johngti
    6/

• johngti
    7/

• johngti
    8 and last/

You have to laugh!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    That's a weirdo there jgti. 'Influencers'? Get tae.

Ridden, met friends, drank beers in the sun, ridden back now need to get showered and changed to head off into The City with #1 daughter to see Jimmy Carr. Should have been in October 2020 but you know...
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

8 and last/

You have to laugh!

Your face in the piano? Like Han Solo in the carbonite?
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

8 and last/

You have to laugh!

Dunno! Sounds a bit painful though either way
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

thistle_ said:

johngti said:

8 and last/

You have to laugh!

Dunno! Sounds a bit painful though either way
    I thought you were very patient with him Mr. GTI.
  • johngti
    You should see some of the donkeys I have to work with Stevo. Patience is part of the job description. Except for that one time when I lost it with an underli… a colleague in the dept and shouted at her. In front of the rest of the office.
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

FFS some strange shite going on. Feel your Pain Beany, I have to stop having caffeine for a bit because of head aches and palpitations, so tend to drink caffeine free whenever possible. This is hard to do after working on a coffee factory for 10yrs.

It was the occasional palpitations that made me stop. None now for a while. I actually like mint tea, which helps.

Unfortunately I do love an espresso. I still make Mrs B³ her coffee in the morning, and the smell of the grinding beans helps.

6.5 hours home ffs. The bit to Exeter was fine for once, but the A303 was so fcuking slow.
  • pinno
    @sungod
    @oxoman
    @thistle_

Benny Beans watch update - hot off the press:

Bit of a tetchy start. Managed to spook him when I went into the loft to get some old table tennis balls. He hid under the bed and decided that I was the anti-feline christ.
    Finally came out to eat and then bash TT balls around the living room and then settled on Shorty.
    Posed beautifully for this one though no flash for obvious reasons: