'ning

nippier

ride cafes, bask if sunnywarm, laze away to pr, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

Chucking the lads off the side of a quarry on a BFO zipline followed by quarry karting. Should be fun.

Which one?
    I'm attempting to get up the mountain opposite one of them so a well timed mooning could be arranged.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled start with the current covid wife joining me walking the hounds.

Some food and wait for kids to get up in order to give them too much chocolate and then off for a long hilly hard run followed by a couple of pubs and then a bbq at friends
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    21c forecast at P-R. Pity.
    Mind you, it could be a bit of an epic dust storm.

Benny was quite settled last night. So far, Shorty is Alpha person seemingly*. He should be able to train her up proper.

*Welcome to cleaning out the litter tray sweetheart. This will stop if I can get the thing to go outdoors.

Jack set standards in behaviour that few cats reach:
    He only messed up once when he was accidentally shut in.
    Never used a litter tray.
    Never jumped on the counter near the cooker.
    Never stole defrosting food.
    Never pulled claws on furniture. Although the carpet was used occasionally and this was to get your attention. He always did it with a pose and a look knowing that a cushion would be flying at him. I think he did it for kicks.
    Was never demanding.
    Purred when you picked him up.
    Was generally very clean.
    Slight flaw was that he didn't retract claws when playing with you. Benny has soft paws.

We have a long way to go with this little fella but he has oodles of potential and we have time. He played with me last night and that's a really good sign. He came to find me when I went to Le WC this morning.
    He doesn't stop eating. Makes me think he has worms. Not from hunting but maybe from fleas.

Anyhoo, enjoy Easter folks. Pagan ritual stolen by bloody Christians.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Chucking the lads off the side of a quarry on a BFO zipline followed by quarry karting. Should be fun.

Which one?
    I'm attempting to get up the mountain opposite one of them so a well timed mooning could be arranged.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Which one?

Isn't that the sign they normally stick on sheep? :)

Slowish start, will head out to the woods soon with hounds in tow. Then a couple of trips to the tip with all the stuff we pulled out of the garden yesterday. The excitement mounts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Bread is proving.
    Done chores.
    Will strim and cut grass.

Happy chappy/happy Shorty:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Needed that as I'm rather achy from all the humping OF BOXES yesterday. Honestly, such filthy minds you lot have, what else could I have meant 😁
    Just had some Colombia with a cup of tea, mixing English and Italian traditions as is always the case for us. Going to the old dear's to sort some more stuff out later. Found the booklet that came with my 5 speed Peugeot in the loft, think I was 12 when I got that. It was followed by a 10 speed Falcon after it got pinched. In the days when you added up all the gears obviously.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    V. Hap cat. Hep cat. Cool cat.

Walked. Now cooking. Out again later with a different sea view.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Are you in Devon or Cornwall peas?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Hell of the South East completed. 30 gruelling miles around the local rutted pot holed streets. A second day of gluttony beckons.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Bread is proving.
    Done chores.
    Will strim and cut grass.

Happy chappy/happy Shorty:

Look as those lovely clean pink paws! Never let him out!
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Cornwall. St. Ives specifically. Im driving back tomorrow. Mini coming back on the train Wednesday with her grandmother. Mrs peas back Friday.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Nice kitty Pinno. :-)

Another day of meh, thanks to slightly worse than normal headaches again. Not sure I recall the last time I had a day without one, but it's a long time ago.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Cornwall. St. Ives specifically. Im driving back tomorrow. Mini coming back on the train Wednesday with her grandmother. Mrs peas back Friday.
    How many hours back? I stayed in Devon 2 years ago meaning to ‘pop’ into Cornwall during the trip, not realising it was still another 3 hour drive further along the coast!
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Penryn Quarry. Quarry karts awesome. Waiting for Butt to catch up with my body. Finger shows the start of the zip and shows approx 1/3rd of it in the pic. Expensive but certainly and experience.
    Typical sideways shot.

Did my mum take that picture?
  • beansnikpoh
    edited April 2022
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

How many hours back? I stayed in Devon 2 years ago meaning to ‘pop’ into Cornwall during the trip, not realising it was still another 3 hour drive further along the coast!
    It's a 5.5 to 6 hour drive down the M3/A303/A30 from/to SW20. 5 hours on the train from Paddington.

The lack of motorway slows it right down, and the train slows to a crawl and stops everywhere after Exeter.
  • beansnikpoh
    Looks terrifying Oxo! Did you have a go?

More my thing. Off out to paint the town a very light shade of red, more pink really.

• thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Which one?

Dunno about that, but it looks like they're covering them in so much paint to make it easier to catch the culprits:

• thistle_

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

It's a 5.5 to 6 hour drive down the M3/A303/A30 from/to SW20. 5 hours on the train from Paddington.
    There's a sleeper train too if you think you can manage to sleep on the train.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

I'd be checking scouse land if the amount around today is anything to go by.

Someone said "it looked like a conveyor belt" on snowdon today :neutral:
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

thistle_ said:

oxoman said:

Which one?

Dunno about that, but it looks like they're covering them in so much paint to make it easier to catch the culprits:

That's terrible - that one looks under age
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    oxoman said:

According to the locals they said it was packed. Police certainly had a fair few vehicles hauled off the road over the wkend to keep it flowing. They're certainly pushing the park and ride as well.

I've heard its a bit sh1tt...
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61128854
  • beansnikpoh
    On the way.

On arrival

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

According to the locals they said it was packed. Police certainly had a fair few vehicles hauled off the road over the wkend to keep it flowing. They're certainly pushing the park and ride as well.

Did you see this bit?:

"Volunteers helped a mountain biker who was taken to hospital by ambulance after crashing at Bikepark Wales in Merthyr Tydfil, sustaining suspected pelvic and hip injuries and a possible broken leg".
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Did you see this bit?:

"Volunteers helped a mountain biker who was taken to hospital by ambulance after crashing at Bikepark Wales in Merthyr Tydfil, sustaining suspected pelvic and hip injuries and a possible broken leg".
    Nope, but that's where I picked up my rotator cuff tear.
  • pinno
    I see: 'decent' means a regular crash or two.
    I'm beginning to get it.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Did you see this bit?:

Sounds like a normal day at BPW / Dyfi or any decent trail centre on a wkend tbh.
    I think there was a nasty one at Llandegla on Friday too.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I'm beginning to get it.

If you don't crash you're not trying hard enough.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I'm beginning to get it.

So if you haven't got the skills, you crash and therefore you are doing it right.
    I see.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I'm beginning to get it.

So if you haven't got the skills, you crash and therefore you are doing it right.
    I see.
    That's how it worked for me until I forgot how to bounce.