friday the maneki-neko are purring

'ning

hoping it'll be a sunny day

ride at sunrise, go far, cafes etc., laze/bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    We had one of those cats on the kitchen windowsill for a while. Drove me nuts.

Fcuking taxi no show, so had to hop on a bus and now on the tube. Last thing you need at 05:30. Hopefully doze on the train.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Fcuking taxi no show, so had to hop on a bus and now on the tube. Last thing you need at 05:30. Hopefully doze on the train.

Could you not ride there and take a bike down with you too?

Need to figure out how to get to an 8mm bolt so I can get the fuel filter out and finish servicing the car today, then find something to put all the waste oil in to dispose of it responsibly.

Hopefully I'll have some time left to enjoy the sunshine later.
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

State of my fitness, I don't think I'd get there before having to leave again on Monday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, tired, didn’t get back until the easily goes with drink not a factor.

Today should be long run, but I think I will move it till Sunday
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Tell the household you're off on a long run, but just go up a quiet hill and have a snooze in the sun for a couple of hours :wink:
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Tell the household you're off on a long run, but just go up a quiet hill and have a snooze in the sun for a couple of hours :wink:
    Joking aside I do need to practice that……. 🤔
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    thistle_ said:

Need to figure out how to get to an 8mm bolt so I can get the fuel filter out and finish servicing the car today, then find something to put all the waste oil in to dispose of it responsibly.

Can you unclamp some hoses to make space?

You can store it in my garden with the other bottles of fuel and oil I haven’t got rid of yet since my service in October.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Day at the seaside with kids who’d rather be gaming, yay.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited April 2022
    No bank holiday lie in as junior decided to get up early and avoid the crush at the gym. That woke the hounds up who woke us up. Hey ho. Will get out and about soon now that we're up. Coffee first.

Bike ride later as its nice out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Sorted it, mini socket with hex adaptor in the top gives just enough clearance to get a spanner on it.
    Now, how to sort out this cock up (which wasn't me funnily enough):

This might explain why the service log says the filter hasn't been replaced for 5 years.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    No slow start for me today, I am white van man. Good job B³ isn't on his bike in SW20 as I'd have to wolf whistle him. Sorry, I mean close pass whilst shouting something hilarious like "your wheels are going round". Whistling will be saved for any unfortunate womenfolk I see enjoying the sunshine.
    Seano, that old fuel and oil is probably going up in value.
    Oh well, I'd better crack on.
    tlw1 said:

Easily goes? Are you sure drink wasn't a factor 😂
  • thistle_

Morning folks,
    No slow start for me today, I am white van man. Good job B³ isn't on his bike in SW20 as I'd have to wolf whistle him. Sorry, I mean close pass whilst shouting something hilarious like "your wheels are going round". Whistling will be saved for any unfortunate womenfolk I see enjoying the sunshine.
    Seano, that old fuel and oil is probably going up in value.
    Oh well, I'd better crack on.

tlw1 said:

Easily goes? Are you sure drink wasn't a factor 😂
    "easily goes with drink" :smile:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited April 2022

We had one of those cats on the kitchen windowsill and I shouldn't have fought the feline magic that would have given me a deeply fulfilling metaphorical purr.

FTFY

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Politics, politics, politics.

New chief executive going in at the top pf D&G council in July to shake up the incumbent muddle of buggers.
    An opportunity for momentum.
  • pinno
    Weather is meh again after a promising start.
    Must go back to splitting remaining wood pile.
  • pinno
    edited April 2022
    What do you get for £16? How can you make a 26 piece socket set and box and make a profit @ £16 ? It's utter shyte.
    Round off nuts and bolts because (and you will wear out the ratchet mechanism), the fit, design, hardness and tolerances are pi$$ poor. In areas of poor access, you need a decent increment on the ratchet (plus internally replaceable parts).
    If anything, buy Teng tools as a 'budget' alternative.
    Or, for lifetime use, high quality, superb VFM:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173904838309?epid=24011019983&_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item287d893ea5:g:DskAAOSw319c3XOG&amdata=enc:AQAGAAAA8NXgMawjQjqCkrbHeWfncg7hL+qpQwGEZB7BqbSPeBDaYZMOei4fewxzBI6j07Cl6vDsci14lUxuSBi7tnhe+cHr8SQXUTFPqUslGKAR4JCm16aug/u0EZdR5/r5Ft1GBIcW7XOpQDWUa3rggwyZkKKGmqH+idisc/lrK2HBUaZvjX+zDwZ258v9r9oX1lLuoOoOecwnFaB/e3teG3wlyQUCS6uTHZ7CifNj23K0kuAhsWkNHhFxL9lYw5RQIrj2QHGmNRtw2kOrpk6OeWVGyFu6kiURlTCQhE9+vv4wm2ZgNsGl/a7qPzR7Zm3BWkfLuA==|tkp:BFBM5JScyoVg

A decent ratchet alone is £22.50 but a whole socket set for £16?.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173517008262?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item28666b6d86:g:tLwAAOSw9Epfh2u7&amdata=enc:AQAGAAAA4GEUighBwBK3cMKAx6V933wHbOih/A72A7qP4cdzwMNgbL7SGM82UUXSvMA2kyhOFm/DbZjFlKQeV7BKUyH5nekKO6N82eDsmaG80QQXw03gsNcLtfDv7HgOHgwDXYIghSwuhPLjlTsI21PG3ZAUb2j56uPUpOGqB6C0LfyBJHJQk15qA7igHU0pOgXJCvHkWv9vr3LFztWfGpy9yTKJ12HEwGeACtK6UZqNeXHTaLdAzNO/J/jMWMa3P/BbzxQLt2JrB91NWkO+a8A05cySfZU8o5N1WS3PufjT7Xb6snHH|tkp:BFBM3u_IyoVg

I have the hex set. Also perfect for bike fettling.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203111761074?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item2f4a6784b2:g:L-gAAOSwisxhSdbt&amdata=enc:AQAGAAAA4OTQS8u6B4fZjK7zBVM8eRQLtYnHDKt3QinbH6NwxxKR949wbb8BtyF6As7zWawM9VrHSPcIlQ0MKwqcr+p1xBAIA1VSUzY+ZsXQDaeivm2m3B5z57DOQ8nqMfoKPuGUDfvBIENBkXyrdXY8HqVyvORk60Ui0qJoDg7GFtEIlO4MuqD12rgJiW0HY86KoDu69BM9xrXwvqA7AqMnB1uvyp2OLwv1BfEKSCHGV3nPtJB8baz5tFrnOqzRzS9RpKtAb0heMXnga6c0ZA3GcO6QrTsKQlGliMpC28Wgw3bh/sHY|tkp:BFBM4KHkyoVg
  • pinno
    As an aside, Stanley used to do the 'Workmaster' range. It was good VFM.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Sorted it, mini socket with hex adaptor in the top gives just enough clearance to get a spanner on it.
    Now, how to sort out this censored up (which wasn't me funnily enough):

This might explain why the service log says the filter hasn't been replaced for 5 years.
    This might be worth adding to your toolbox. Best small kit I've ever purchased for working on cars and machines with tight access.
    https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bahco-2058-s26-1-4-drive-ratchet-and-socket-set-26-pcs
    Apart from the ratchety bit, that's pretty much what I did with a socket and a small ring spanner.
    Might buy the set and go and round off some nuts and screws for lols.
  • thistle_
    edited April 2022
    oxoman said:

As an aside currently in sheep shxxxing country with the family on Easter break.

Might go over to the Midlands tomorrow to get away from all these tourists. :smiley:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    And ride rided, nice flat 50, worked out well given I was concerned about knee after yesterday's offski event but all good, even put some efforts in as legs felt good. And shorts! And short sleeves! First time this year.

Lots of casual cyclers out and about, family groups, oldies, youngies. Did happen upon one sad sight, a cycle path section between 2 villages on the edge of The City. Looked like a casual lady had fallen badly, no helmet; ambulance, 2 paramedics attending, looked ok, others of her group there plus other youngsters. Not nice to see. Bless.

And barbie barbied. I do like warm sunny holiday weekends. And chill with a glass or several.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    Another good ride here and made it up the North Downs Ridge without collapsing. Will start commuting agin soon, yay.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Utterly knackered after much humping of stuff, now at the chippy as I can't be aris'd to cook and EPO is still feeling rough due to having the plague.
    Did manage a beer in the garden at least.
  • beansnikpoh
    Listening to seagulls and looking forward to a nice long kip.

One other passenger on my carriage on the first tube out of Wimbledon this morning.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

got back. Valencia is mega.

had sniffle.

tested positive for the plague.

going to bed.

ciao.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno

Listening to seagulls and looking forward to a nice long kip.

One other passenger on my carriage on the first tube out of Wimbledon this morning.

It's a sign.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Finally got to ride with wifey today. Yesterday I went back to bed for two more hours kip. Beautiful day for a Bimble and cafe stop. Nice just to ride for ridings sake and enjoy being outdoors with no pressure to get PBs or pushing oneself. Nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• tlw1
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

had sniffle.

going to bed.

ciao.

Have all of you got it?

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited April 2022
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

had sniffle.

going to bed.

ciao.

Have all of you got it?

yup. its carnage - bodies strewn everywhere all going on about how ill they are.

its like a tsunami of whinging.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    At least you all had the decency to wait until after Valencia. Hope it doesn't hit you all too badly
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

had sniffle.

going to bed.

ciao.

Have all of you got it?

its like a tsunami of whinging.
    Maybe you're just dreaming that you're in Cake Stop? :smile: