'ning

mild-ish start

ride, cafe, no gmc dabble, maybe a bask if sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Dull but dry and mild

Weekend starts here for me. Really bad night’s sleep so feeling zombified. Ride with wifey later. (On bikes that is hur-hur)

New eye drops so I’ll be able to open my eyes again. Nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

WFW
    Gym
    Sleep
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    nippy up on the col d'hampstead, but sunny

contemplating a stroll before cafe iii
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Weather looking good for the weekend and I've not got the heating on in the Twatcave for a change, which h is just as well given how much it costs. One last day of tax mitigation before a well deserved break and a bit of pedalling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo_666 said:

Weather looking good for the weekend and I've not got the heating on in the Twatcave for a change, which h is just as well given how much it costs. One last day of tax mitigation before a well deserved break and a bit of pedalling.

Available from John Lewis:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit dull grey meh (again), the bästards.

The Ukraine situation is fücking depressing and we'll soon have another iron curtain but even longer than the previous incarnation.

What else can I swear about...

Will do some digging and weeding and a bit of potting today.
    On the list is:
    Sunflowers
    Green beans
    Carrots

I should grow rapeseed, make oil and pioneer the first 911 oil conversion.
  • pinno
    Where's @tlw1 ?

I'll entice him with a bit of sweet and sour.

• thistle_
    pinno said:

Will do some digging and weeding and a bit of potting today.
    On the list is:
    Sunflowers
    Green beans
    Carrots

I should grow rapeseed, make oil and pioneer the first 911 oil conversion.

You could try it with the sunflower seeds although you might not get much out of them.
    Mine still haven't germinated, was expecting some green shoots by now. Maybe the cold snap has put them off.

• pinno
    I start mine off in the conservatory.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Just about to turn the laptop in for a bit of work, follow up with a bit of non-verbal 11+ preparation then up to the dead uncle’s gaffe for the second estate agent valuation and to unplug the Xbox, ps2, and karaoke machine he’s got so we can list them on eBay. The wifey’s just opened a music magpie account to see if we can get a quid or two for all of his cds etc. Will take pics of the various power tools he has over the weekend (he’s got a band saw, pillar drill, and table saw that I haven’t got the room for. Probably stick at least one 55” tv up for sale too. It’s a bit too big to get into our conservatory which is a real shame! More work this afternoon.
  • pinno
    ...Xbox, ps2, and karaoke machine...
    ?!

I think I would have liked to have met this guy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Where's @tlw1 ?

I'll entice him with a bit of sweet and sour.

Was up getting the van ready for a couple of days away…… but the wife has just tested positive 🤬
  • tlw1
    So today has been cooking for the family and despite being full the first hr run needs to be run
  • johngti
    pinno said:

...Xbox, ps2, and karaoke machine...
    ?!

I think I would have liked to have met this guy.

He was the life and soul of the party. Mrs GTi has found some…interesting…things as she’s been clearing out. Stuff she’s put in the bin before her mum gets to see what floated his boat. There’s also some tasty photos of a stag do that she discovered. Safe to say that we didn’t share those at the wake, nor did we arrange a showing of his adult dvd. 🤣
  • pinno
    [45000. Never in the history of forums has so much bollox been posted by one person for so many. Aside from Stevo]

• pinno
    tlw1 said:

Was up getting the van ready for a couple of days away…… but the wife has just tested positive 🤬

There's a few angles to this:
    A van is a mobile isolation room surely?
    Leave wifey at home.
    Send wife off in van.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, loading the van with empty boxes and packing materials every time i have to venture into the whorehouse. Other than that a run of the mill day of drudgery and stupid questions.
    Mrs TLW has timing even worse then my EPO, that's very dull. But Pinno makes some good points.
    We've not found anything that interesting that we weren't expecting, a few racy photos but that was about it. Did I ask if anyone wants any furniture, prints, framing materials or organ pipes? mum wants to keep the pinball machine, phuck knows where that's going to go.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

There's a few angles to this:
    A van is a mobile isolation room surely?
    Leave wifey at home.
    Send wife off in van.
    She is using the van as her kitchen 😂
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

[45000. Never in the history of forums has so much bollox been posted by one person for so many. Aside from Stevo]

Keep up at the back :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another early start, this time to see the doc. Nothing of any note to offer other than "stop taking those pills".

Tackled the painting job this arvo, got the hardest part done. Another day at it tomorrow will see it (mostly) finished then I can finally get the furniture back in the office where it belongs. Do I go for bespoke joinery for storage or just buy something?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti

Another early start, this time to see the doc. Nothing of any note to offer other than "stop taking those pills".

Tackled the painting job this arvo, got the hardest part done. Another day at it tomorrow will see it (mostly) finished then I can finally get the furniture back in the office where it belongs. Do I go for bespoke joinery for storage or just buy something?

Will you get enjoyment out of making them yourself or just get irritated? Former - make it yourself; CBA - buy something.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Available from John Lewis:

Nah, it's t-shirt weather for Northerners
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ride rided, warming up, and dry. Mix of tarmac, bridleways, byways, Ridgeway, gravelways, even some single track where I performed a v slow offski, think I must have caught the pedal on the side of the grass rut, get pulled over beyond 45 degrees, front wheel slides out... Soft landing but knee is giving me some gyp now, did bang it. All part of life's rich tapestry.

Feet up, 100% pure Colombian to hand, catch up on what looks like a straight flat boring stage of tour of Turkey.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

I performed a v slow offski, think I must have caught the pedal on the side of the grass rut, get pulled over beyond 45 degrees, front wheel slides out... Soft landing but knee is giving me some gyp now, did bang it. All part of life's rich tapestry.

It's always a slow mo or so fast you're on the deck wondering wtf just happened.
  • pinno
    Unclipping problem @ 0.1 mph and it really is slow motion.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    edited April 2022
    Hah. Done my year end stuff, with the aid of a very very good secondee. Train from Paddington to St Ives at 06:37 tomorrow, sungod class, though I expect that means I get a free kitkat, not bubbly. Driving back on Monday. Hoping to ignore the laptop for a few days, though I very much fcuking doubt it.

The double tier point offer from Mrs H³'s fancy New York trip came through, so guaranteed bubbly and special check in and security on all trips until August 2023.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ah, those days on the corporate hamster wheel when I had one of dem Goldies. Long time ago. Enjoy GWR beansman.

My right knee giving me annoying gyp now. Xxxx me, fall off at next to zero speed and... consequences. Ho hum. Will try another ride out tomorrow and see what happens.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    I've just had a tax audit opened on our Spanish tentacles, so will be hopping to Madrid a lot.

Typical agenda: Tuesday meeting = fly out Monday at 7 p.m., leave work early, eat and drink in the lounge, night in comfy hotel, meeting Tuesday with Spanish tax bods, then Spanish dinner Tuesday night with Spanish tentacle presidente and his bello head of accounts. Spanish office Weds a.m. Fly back Wednesday mid afternoon, head home. Rinse, repeat, rack up more tier points and jamón induced corpulence with minimal impact on family time.

I do like Spain. Andalucia booked again end of August for some late summer heat, plus Lanzarote for 3rd week October for autumnal rays. Maybe sg will be there.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Ah, those days on the corporate hamster wheel when I had one of dem Goldies. Long time ago. Enjoy GWR beansman.

My right knee giving me annoying gyp now. Xxxx me, fall off at next to zero speed and... consequences. Ho hum. Will try another ride out tomorrow and see what happens.

Wobble off and then do the other knee in.
  • tlw1
    Sat in a park park outside the hospital as the wife somehow managed to kick a ball in the garden at the same time the dog went for it and now has punctured wound and a golf ball sized lump.

Initially this worked very well for me as she is the covid kid they advised she came on her own and I went to the pub to meet some pals, but as it’s got darker I’ve cycled over to support what will be a simple case of a kitty plaster