'ning

ride, cafes, smidge of gmc, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Not slept well.
    Off to church this morning, then ride to WFW if the legs and weather cooperate.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    On the train. Torturing of numbers for this year is nearly complete so will move onto torturing idiots (metaphorically speaking). Leg seems to be much improved so will step up the pedalling over Easter.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good night out in Liverpool last night, so slow start in the hotel and a decent pig based breakfast soon.

Apparently more shopping and expense (I might even get something today) and then back in time for eldest to work at the pub. The pub later seems a good idea, I think the first few whilst out on the tandem
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

The pub later seems a good idea, I think the first few whilst out on the tandem

Do you have a fight with wifey over who is going to ;drive' when you are both half cut?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Grey, dull, mild, meh.

Cats protection won't consider us for adoption 'with the current list of cats' due to our proximity to the road.
    Kinda pi$$ed off at that. We have taken in numerous strays over the years and paid for surgery and treatment to those who turned up injured and/or abandoned (and there were quite a few).

So do I search for a streetwise cat out of that loop that needs a home or resign myself to having no cat?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

Grey, dull, mild, meh.

Cats protection won't consider us for adoption 'with the current list of cats' due to our proximity to the road.
    Kinda pi$$ed off at that. We have taken in numerous strays over the years and paid for surgery and treatment to those who turned up injured and/or abandoned (and there were quite a few).

So do I search for a streetwise cat out of that loop that needs a home or resign myself to having no cat?

adoption is only for lairds with extensive estates?

how about https://catconcern.co.uk/ or spca?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Ta ^.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Do you have a fight with wifey over who is going to ;drive' when you are both half cut?

I always drive
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Up at stupid o'clock to go collect a mahoosive ladder bought off BookFarce. On top of really poor "sleep" which involved getting up at 2am for an hour.... pretty tired.

Gorgeous day here though which at least partially compensated by making a snooze out in the sun for an hour a particularly nice break. On the paintbrush for the rest of the afternoon.

Back to the quack in the morning to find out if the last lot of pills he prescribed really are expected to do more harm than good? Made a (small) improvement in the short term, but side effects appear to be 10x worse.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

I always drive
    Is that because you think you may end up in a river?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Good night out in Liverpool last night, so slow start in the hotel and a decent pig based breakfast soon.

Apparently more shopping and expense (I might even get something today) and then back in time for eldest to work at the pub. The pub later seems a good idea, I think the first few whilst out on the tandem

Have you checked your car still has wheels?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Hopefully he was sensible enough to pay the necessary protection money.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Isn't that why he took the kids along?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

I always drive
    Is that because you think you may end up in a river?
    It’s still too soon 😂
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Surprisingly
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Isn't that why he took the kids along?
    Would have been a lot cheaper if they had stayed at the car
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Out on site this morning, BHW starts at 4.55 for me today as we're off to fight the hordes at the airport tomorrow.
    One shall not stress...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Woop woop dodged the rain on the ride in and it was sunny on the way back. Bike's filthy though, and picked up a puncture at the end of the ride back :angry:
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Thistle what's a puncture ?? 🤔🤭 Sorry couldn't help that.

Well, I did sell him a pair of Michelin Por3's.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Thistle what's a puncture ?? 🤔🤭 Sorry couldn't help that.

Well, I did sell him a pair of Michelin Por3's.
    I'm on pro 4s now :wink:
    Broken glass all over the place has finally got through them.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Can heartily recommend IRC formula Pro x guards. Been running them for 3yrs or so tubeless with no issues glass or otherwise. Only downside is the 🤬 price.

I'm not sure if one of my rims works with tubeless. Only one was to find out I guess, and it could get messy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited April 2022
    Phew, that was a long day. Started by sticking a swab up my nose, still -ve in spite of all around me. Chaos in the orifice followed by meeting with builder man and old dear. What fun. Think that's all sorted, for now at least. Then some scoff before wobbling home again and a quick shower before pub.
    Lad is stressing about things so need to calm him down. Problem is I think he may be stressing because the EPO is stressing about me and the fact she can't help because she's got covid. I just want to tell them all to stop stressing because they're stressing me out. All a bit daft.
  • pinno

Phew, that was a long day. Started by sticking a swab up my nose, still -ve in spite of all around me. Chaos in the orifice followed by meeting with builder man and old dear. What fun. Think that's all sorted, for now at least. Then some scoff before wobbling home again and a quick shower before pub.
    Lad is stressing about things so need to calm him down. Problem is I think he may be stressing because the EPO is stressing about me and the fact she can't help because she's got covid. I just want to tell them all to stop stressing because they're stressing me out. All a bit daft.

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
    Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel...

On a serious note, can you stay at a friend's/Mum's for a few days?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
    Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel...

On a serious note, can you stay at a friend's/Mum's for a few days?
    That would explain why my head feels like it's spinning :smiley:
    Mum doesn't want me in the house without a mask on so don't really want to stay there. Could stay at a mate's place round the corner when he goes up norf next week, but the old dear should have left for Italy by then and the EPO be over the 10 day mark so hopefully clean. What a palaver.