'ning

bit less nippy, but looks like a disappointingly cloudy week

ride and cafes, bit of gmc-ing, bail

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah holiday

Think the wife and I are going to nip somewhere overnight in the van.

So running and drinking somewhere new
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited April 2022
    Off to Kirroughtree to get a good vibration and put sticks in the spokes of passing crudders in practice for when 'Loon comes this way*. It's going to be fun fun fun tlll my daddy takes my T bird away.

*Playtime.

A bit dull grey here and still a nip in the wind but unlike last year, spring is seemingly on schedule - the Hawthorne is starting to go slightly green.
    Any southern yardsticks?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Ride. Shower. WFW. Stiff headwind on way in. Hope is stays for way home. Wife works in opposite direction. Her ride back this evening will be unpleasant.

I read the title of the thread as "..never hear SMURF music again" and immediately Father Abraham in Smurfland popped into my head. I now feel like killing someone (possibly SG for creating this!)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited April 2022
    Hola

In Valencia. All seems v nice so far. Meeting up with brother and sister in law to go exploring.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    "Where are you all coming from?
    From Smurfland where we belong
    This is the song with the nice refrain
    Yes, we will sing it once again"

HTH 😊

Just another non-manic Monday. More Stuff to sort / prep / admin / plan. Fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,152
    edited April 2022
    pinno said:

Off to Kirroughtree to get a good vibration and put sticks in the spokes of passing crudders in practice for when 'Loon comes this way*. It's going to be fun fun fun tlll my daddy takes my T bird away.

*Playtime.

A bit dull grey here and still a nip in the wind but unlike last year, spring is seemingly on schedule - the Hawthorne is starting to go slightly green.
    Any southern yardsticks?

Our FOBT* is starting to sprout leaves again. I'll take a pic when I'm home.

(* F*** Off Big Tree)

EDIT - here's the FOBT in winter guise

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    In the office feeling decidedly tired as junior had her mates round last night. We went to bed and left them to it but by then they were in full on yak yak yak mode and the sound carried quite well. Then woke up early to cap it off. Yesterdays bike ride probably didn't help either.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Day drinking yesterday has wiped everyone out.
    Luckily we managed to get to bed around 9 so had a decent sleep.
    Work stuff today, possibly gym and digging the 10kg cases out of the loft later!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    As a break from pursuing quotes on insurances various, a Hawthorn piccie. Is a dark flowering ornamental, obviously left untrimmed for years.

Back to the keyboardbored.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    I'm still testing negative which means I'm in the orifice, EPO is feeling quite rough with it, cold symptoms and a bad headache. So I guess sods law means I'll make it through the week and get hammered by it in time for the weekend.
    I seem to have the smurf song in my head now, I blame nic and 'loon.
    Are the garages in addition to the twatcave Stevo? That is a 'kin big tree.
    Should probably do some work, or pretend to at any rate, onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    Stevo that is one Very Big FO tree. Have you had a qualified tree surgeon check it out? Codominant multifork tree stems are more at risk of splitting apart and with that size and location..... could be a proper ooyah event were it to shed bits in a storm.

Would it have a tree preservation order TPO on it given size, age and location? Would add awkwardness and complexity.
  • Stevo_666

Are the garages in addition to the twatcave Stevo? That is a 'kin big tree.

Nope, the Twatcave is the one on the right in the second pic (you can see the window I look out of in the first pic); the real garage is on the left.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo that is one Very Big FO tree. Have you had a qualified tree surgeon check it out? Codominant multifork tree stems are more at risk of splitting apart and with that size and location..... could be a proper ooyah event were it to shed bits in a storm.

Would it have a tree preservation order TPO on it given size, age and location? Would add awkwardness and complexity.

No TPOs on any trees on the property - checked before we bought. FOBT survived the storms earlier this year with nothing more than a few shed twigs. Tree surgeon said it should be OK, but you never know I guess - that's what insurance polices are for - at least if a big lump does come down it'll only be on one of the garages/caves and not the house. Although the even taller Scots pine in the back garden could - luckily it looks like its leaning away from the house....

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

No TPOs on any trees on the property - checked before we bought. FOBT survived the storms earlier this year with nothing more than a few shed twigs. Tree surgeon said it should be OK, but you never know I guess - that's what insurance polices are for - at least if a big lump does come down it'll only be on one of the garages/caves and not the house. Although the even taller Scots pine in the back garden could - luckily it looks like its leaning away from the house....

Look's like he's been out on the drink.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Given that other thread in here, maybe I should call it the TLW Pine?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    edited April 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Especially if he were to move to Sweatland 😂
  • Stevo_666
    As promised, FOBT in sprouting mode...

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Can you imagine the look on their faces when he goes to the local and buys their entire stock of cider? :smile:
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    More work. Sister company has made EUR several million of payments to a supplier in error. Supplier is based in Ukraine, likelihood of repayment slim to none. No heads have rolled yet.

Bought a house, or at least had our offer accepted. Sorting out the mortgage now, no chain as the old folks are off into sheltered accommodation. I think Mrs H³ will be spending large parts of the year there, so ho and blow all round in SW20.

Must see if I can renegotiate the mileage on that volvo lease. Or buy something cheapish and reliable that she can blat there and back in. No realistic train option unfortunately.

Oh, and buy a mountain bike. Trails galore.
  • Stevo_666

More work. Sister company has made EUR several million of payments to a supplier in error. Supplier is based in Ukraine, likelihood of repayment slim to none. No heads have rolled yet.

Bought a house, or at least had our offer accepted. Sorting out the mortgage now, no chain as the old folks are off into sheltered accommodation. I think Mrs H³ will be spending large parts of the year there, so ho and blow all round in SW20.

Must see if I can renegotiate the mileage on that volvo lease. Or buy something cheapish and reliable that she can blat there and back in. No realistic train option unfortunately.

Well done Beansie, sounds like a win-win scenario :smile:

Get her a Polo, should fit the bill.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Can you imagine the look on their faces when he goes to the local and buys their entire stock of cider? :smile:
    What about the 2nd hour?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

What about the 2nd hour?
    :smile:

Dunno, maybe amuse yourself by chucking a 2p piece on the pub floor and watch copper wire being made as the locals fight over it?
  • MattFalle

Congrats on the new purchase B3 - looking forward to the housewarming.

All fed, watered snd now hunkered down in Valencia- old town is v nice, but overall first impressions are its not as nice as Barcelona or Madrid.

Still, tapas, vino tinto and chillin' with la famiglia make it v v groovy.
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

What about the 2nd hour?
    buy all the cider from the place next door?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Polo be a small price to pay for the peace and quiet. 3 hrs 20 to 4 hour drive traffic dependent, 177 miles. Or maybe a focus. They're reliable. Bit more space.
  • orraloon
    👍 on the property investment, you metropolitan elitist 😊, trust it all rocks through smoothly. I'm still n weeks in with the not all signed up yet status, frustrating.

I've hired some Focuses this past year for Ecossian expeditions, found them pretty good, the easiest being a 3cyl 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec, easy motorway drive and better mpg recorded than the hybrid version and the diesel. Front wheel off, bike in the back, no probs.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Polo be a small price to pay for the peace and quiet. 3 hrs 20 to 4 hour drive traffic dependent, 177 miles. Or maybe a focus. They're reliable. Bit more space.
    Mrs. 666 has a Polo, does the job well.

177 miles to Cornwall - thought it was further than that? Is it just over the border from Devon?
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mrs. 666 has a Polo, does the job well.

177 miles to Cornwall - thought it was further than that? Is it just over the border from Devon?
    North Devon/Somerset coast. Exmoor.

Mrs H³ and kids are in Cornwall this week and next.
  • beansnikpoh
    orraloon said:

👍 on the property investment, you metropolitan elitist 😊, trust it all rocks through smoothly. I'm still n weeks in with the not all signed up yet status, frustrating.

I've hired some Focuses this past year for Ecossian expeditions, found them pretty good, the easiest being a 3cyl 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec, easy motorway drive and better mpg recorded than the hybrid version and the diesel. Front wheel off, bike in the back, no probs.

Mrs H³'s ill-gotten gains on the deposit, not mine. We'll share the mortgage. I don't suppose it'll turn any income for a while. She's been hankering for ages, and has a friend in the village. She works from home 99% of the time, and will spend quite a lot of time there I reckon. Easy for my brother and family and mum down the M5 too. V good biking and hiking. But you're right. Elitist scum. Walking cliché.

Cheers for the focus advice.

Toss up between a 5-6 Yr old focus or polo.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Focus. You can have some fun in it.
    Polo - too small.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!