'ning

nippy, more cloudy

ride far, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Nippy but sunny and clear skies here, for now at least.
    Off riding with a friend but legs are toast after yesterday so might take a bike with gears this time.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Final bits of packing, time for holibobs.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Morning. Definitely on the mend and hopefully going to watch young oxo,s match. SG has blessed today with bright sun blue sky's and not to chilly either. Enjoy your holidays MF crew.

grazie mille Oxo!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Jack, born 2012, died 04/06/2012.

Hit on the road.
    Driver stopped and apologetically told me which was really decent of him when he had no legal obligation to do so. Ironically, driving slowly and quietly probably gives an animal less warning.
    I pulled him from the ditch bleeding from the mouth, no other obvious signs of injury.
    Rushed him to the vet but he stopped breathing on the way.
    From what I can gather, he tried to cross the road when a heavy rain shower came down and I think this marred his judgement.

Gutted.
    Shorty is in bits, Tricky doesn't understand but keeps asking me when I am going to get a 'new one'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Pinno - RIP Jack :'( Understand why you haven't been posting for a few days. Awful to lose a pet that way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Hit on the road.
    Driver stopped and apologetically told me which was really decent of him when he had no legal obligation to do so. Ironically, driving slowly and quietly probably gives an animal less warning.
    I pulled him from the ditch bleeding from the mouth, no other obvious signs of injury.
    From what I can gather, he tried to cross the road when a heavy rain shower came down and I think this marred his judgement.

Gutted.
    Shorty is in bits, Tricky doesn't understand but keeps asking me when I am going to get a 'new one'.

That's awful P - really sorry to read.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rip jack 😢

• tlw1
    Still rather drunk from yesterday, good fun but even by my standards excessive

Today is more of the same though
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

Hit on the road.

Gutted.

:'( very sad

hugs to shorty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start as tending to the sickly EPO before heading over to the old dear's. More dismantling and removing from the garden, sheds and garage. Not allowed into the house although I'm still testing negative. Best to be overcautious at the moment I guess.
    Sorry about Jack Piña, glad the driver had the decency to stop. Hope the kids are ok.
    Good luck TLW
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Sorry to hear about Jack, suspect he had a good life with you.

That's all you can do Oxo. You cannot guarantee their safety.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Sorry to hear that Pinno.

I’m with Tricky. New cat after a period of mourning. Won’t be the same but different in a good way.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    Deffo new cat. In fact, 2.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

I’m with Tricky. New cat after a period of mourning. Won’t be the same but different in a good way.

There's 3 candidates up for adoption:

'Moses': Wrongly named as a boy when she is actually female. Dumped at the rescue centre. She's a gorgeous grey and white tabby and craves attention - she tugs at your hand if you stop petting her. No idea as to her background. Aged 4 approx. She'll would be a handful. Looks like she might have a home anyway.
    'Guinness': Black cat. Left to his own devices by a cba family. Roamed the streets for a while. Probably enough street cred to live here. Except he is shy and we won't know how long it will take to bring him into the fold because that initial period would be crucial.
    'Buster': A 4-5 yr old black and white bruiser who has an interesting history. Micro-chipped in Lincoln and found his way/was brought to Dumfries and Galloway. Roamed for a while before being trapped. He's certainly got character.

The plan is to visit them regularly and get to know them. It's part of the Cats protection process anyway.

...and the curve ball: Meet 'Molly'. A £450 Maine coone cross kitten. Very homely and gentle cats Maine coons.

• tlw1
    So unanswered questions from last night……..

What are the stains on my coat?
    How did three people fall over?
    How did one break a bone, one hurt their face but the other one is ok?
    Why was I stopped from going into the nightclub for being too drunk yet got in later?
    How did we get spilt up, twice
    Why did the wife end up with a random iphone?
  • pinno
    That's ^ just an average night out in Jockland.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

That's ^ just an average night out in Jockland.

Shall I move up there?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    So that WAS you and the missus I avoided (just) on the edge of Smackhead City yesterday then?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    V sad news about Jack.

We lost our first dog like that. Ran off from dog walker in woods, ended up under a car on a dual carriageway. Lucky she was chipped, so they could inform us.

I hope you all have fun finding a new cat.
  • pinno
    Thanks H³.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

So unanswered questions from last night……..

What are the stains on my coat?
    How did three people fall over?
    How did one break a bone, one hurt their face but the other one is ok?
    Why was I stopped from going into the nightclub for being too drunk yet got in later?
    How did we get spilt up, twice
    Why did the wife end up with a random iphone?

Seeing the state of people in town at 5 when I leave work on a school night, this sort of thing doesn't surprise me :wink:
  • thistle_
    Sorry to hear about Jack @pinno . Will miss the regular updates on his antics.

Curveball suggestion: https://exoticwildcats.com/product/baby-tigers-cubs/
  • pinno
    That's ^ just wrong (even though I know your post isn't serious).
    You can rehabilitate and breed big cats for repatriation (and that's the only time it's justifiable) but that process is very difficult. Hunting instincts are severely compromised in domestic situations.
    Much better they are in protected wildlife areas.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I know I'm not a cat person, but I think I'd be £450 poorer if I were in Piña's position now. Buster sounds good too.
    Can you adopt a TLW? Much like a cat they disappear at night and return in the morning with battle scars and unable to tell you how they got them 🤣
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

'Moses': Wrongly named as a boy when she is actually female. Dumped at the rescue centre. She's a gorgeous grey and white tabby and craves attention - she tugs at your hand if you stop petting her. No idea as to her background. Aged 4 approx. She'll would be a handful. Looks like she might have a home anyway.
    'Guinness': Black cat. Left to his own devices by a cba family. Roamed the streets for a while. Probably enough street cred to live here. Except he is shy and we won't know how long it will take to bring him into the fold because that initial period would be crucial.
    'Buster': A 4-5 yr old black and white bruiser who has an interesting history. Micro-chipped in Lincoln and found his way/was brought to Dumfries and Galloway. Roamed for a while before being trapped. He's certainly got character.

The plan is to visit them regularly and get to know them. It's part of the Cats protection process anyway.

...and the curve ball: Meet 'Molly'. A £450 Maine coone cross kitten. Very homely and gentle cats Maine coons.

The Maine Coone option is an interesting one - as long as you like large cats. I guess it partly depends on what size cat the other parent was.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Can you adopt a TLW? Much like a cat they disappear at night and return in the morning with battle scars and unable to tell you how they got them 🤣

That's one helluva high maintenance adoption.
    I don't think i'd like the crashing around at 5am when he rolls in.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

That's one helluva high maintenance adoption.
    I don't think i'd like the crashing around at 5am when he rolls in.
    He could pretend to be Ukrainian then you'd get £350 a month towards the drinks bill.
  • pinno
    Just £350 per month?!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

tabby, because they can play ping pong, and all the others too, because they are cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-5qYqGf1Ao
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

That's ^ just wrong (even though I know your post isn't serious).
    You can rehabilitate and breed big cats for repatriation (and that's the only time it's justifiable) but that process is very difficult. Hunting instincts are severely compromised in domestic situations.
    Much better they are in protected wildlife areas.

A tiger cub is probably quite fun, a full sized hangry/horny one less so - in addition to the moral issues.