saturday dining by the light of the spent fuel pool

'ning

brrr

ride up and down, cafes, mostly be lazy, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Going for a ride on my bicycle the doing domestic stuff.

#rock'n'roll
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Cold out, hounds happy though in their fur coats.

Gentle ride to the local three peaks for a run with some friends.

Then out for day drinking and a night over in Chester
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Headed North to help junior get back from her work experience placement near Barnsley. This meant getting up earlier than normal on a weekend, which does please me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    where's pinno?

he mentioned plans to sell a merc to an oligarch, wonder if he's been sanctioned
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2022
    sungod said:

where's pinno?

he mentioned plans to sell a merc to an oligarch, wonder if he's been sanctioned

Last active 11:28. So he's around but not posting. Most unusual...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Saturday, eh? Can't tell much difference.

Slow start, then got busy doing the final prep in the office to start painting it tomorrow. Awkward job as the ceilings are over 4 metres high at one end, and two walls are V-groove timber panelled, which means hand painting the whole lot.

Picked up a nearly new *hyooooj* desk this afternoon to go in there when it's all done, for peanuts. Always nice to snag a bargain. Am looking forward to having a decent setup for computer stuff again, instead of jammed onto a small table in a downstairs room.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ride rided. Back to full winter layering inc neck buff, that NW wind nippy as. Nice assist on return though.

Points of interest? Route inc a cyclepath section skirting what could politely be called Smackhead City, and there's this wumman clearly totally off her t*ts on something, lunging about, shouting, bloke with her trying to control her and failing. It's about midday ffs.

2nd more intriguing. Pens set out in field, sheep been sheared, however wool just left lying on ground in open in big heap. No market for wool anymore? Another Brexshit bonus?

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Ride rided. Back to full winter layering inc neck buff, that NW wind nippy as. Nice assist on return though.

Points of interest? Route inc a cyclepath section skirting what could politely be called Smackhead City, and there's this wumman clearly totally off her t*ts on something, lunging about, shouting, bloke with her trying to control her and failing. It's about midday ffs.

2nd more intriguing. Pens set out in field, sheep been sheared, however wool just left lying on ground in open in big heap. No market for wool anymore? Another Brexshit bonus?

Didnt think you'd moved back to Scotland already?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited April 2022
    Ride rided. Another 30miles to add to the hundreds more than stevo’s ridden this year.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    ride was v nice ride. 3 of us. bizarrely, some bloke decided to sit behind us for a good 10k, not saying a word, not a nod of scknowledgement, not taking a pull into the wind, nothing, not a peep.

then as we 3 slowed down to have a chat about the route, he overtook without a word then rode off.

just really strange tbh.

why do people do this?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

ride was v nice ride. 3 of us. bizarrely, some bloke decided to sit behind us for a good 10k, not saying a word, not a nod of scknowledgement, not taking a pull into the wind, nothing, not a peep.

then as we 3 slowed down to have a chat about the route, he overtook without a word then rode off.

just really strange tbh.

why do people do this?

Roadies, obv.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Mrs GTi’s uncle’s funeral was yesterday. Been back up at his house today, listed his car for sale, taken a nice selection of power tools away to add to my collection and left another load of his clothes at one of those “pay by the kg” booths. Junior GTi has the ‘rona as of today officially, everyone else still negative. I reckon he’s had it for a week already.

Couple of fountain pens to clean for the eldest daughter, air to put in tyres for the bike ride I have to do tomorrow (need to drop a bit of weight again - up to 80kg now 😞). Might try to make room in the shed for the new tools but may decide to leave that for tomorrow.
  • johngti
    Cheers oxo. The wifey’s been up there loads of times. It’s like one of those houses you see on programmes about hoarders. Crap everywhere. I’m trying to persuade her to get a house clearance company in - his estate would have to cover the cost anyway so she just needs to root around a bit to find bits that we need to rescue.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    oxoman said:

Sounds like Glasgow.

Nah man wiznae Glesca, wiznae rainin'.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day at the old dear's moving and sorting stuff, could only do outside stuff as the EPO now testing positive as well as female child, I'm still a negative nelly as is the lad. He had it 3 months ago so should be ok but has moved into his girlfriend's just in case. Think I'll be kipping in the lad's room. Really hoping I don't get it as lots to be done over the next fortnight.
    Cut back some particularly vicious roses blocking access to the garage door at the new place. Once I got to the door discovered the mechanism is bust so can't open it anyway. Very tedious. Need to swat up on breaking into garages now.
    I feel your pain Mr GTi, lots to get rid of from the old dear's place and she's keeping half of it. Does anybody want some old organ pipes? Also mucho furniture and general tat.
    Glad you're feeling better Oxo. Didn't Pinno say he's was going away away rather than just away. Or was he going away, but not away away? Away was mentioned at any rate. Maybe the MFs have got him.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

just really strange tbh.

why do people do this?

Roadies, obv.
    bet the weirdo had Veeted his scrote as well.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

just really strange tbh.

why do people do this?

Maybe had enough powaaa to catch up but not to safely overtake, especially with the glare from the veeted legs in front making it difficult to see :wink:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Back from a day of pottering around Herefordshire on the singlespeed, which is massively over geared and under knobblied for the off roading I did.
    Roads down there were nice, not much traffic and it was all considerate when passing.
    A bit of tarmac on the roads would be nice though.

Something was massively on fire on the main road on the way back, police were diverting everyone off. Thick black acrid smoke.
    Hopefully not TLW's burnouts going wrong on his way to the pubs in Chester.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

Back from a day of pottering around Herefordshire on the singlespeed, which is massively over geared and under knobblied for the off roading I did.
    Roads down there were nice, not much traffic and it was all considerate when passing.
    A bit of tarmac on the roads would be nice though.

Something was massively on fire on the main road on the way back, police were diverting everyone off. Thick black acrid smoke.
    Hopefully not TLW's burnouts going wrong on his way to the pubs in Chester.

perhaps the trebuchet was on its way to fling it into a field?
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

just really strange tbh.

why do people do this?

Maybe had enough powaaa to catch up but not to safely overtake, especially with the glare from the veeted legs in front making it difficult to see :wink:
    he could have said "hello" though. or grunted. or anything. not just sit there like s bald scroted weirdo....

but yes, agree re Veeted legs. They are very smooth as well. I was thinking of selling caresses of them to random women.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Mrs GTi’s uncle’s funeral was yesterday. Been back up at his house today, listed his car for sale, taken a nice selection of power tools away to add to my collection and left another load of his clothes at one of those “pay by the kg” booths. Junior GTi has the ‘rona as of today officially, everyone else still negative. I reckon he’s had it for a week already.

Couple of fountain pens to clean for the eldest daughter, air to put in tyres for the bike ride I have to do tomorrow (need to drop a bit of weight again - up to 80kg now 😞). Might try to make room in the shed for the new tools but may decide to leave that for tomorrow.

I think the others have got this quite well covered, but I know what you are going through. For me, you have to treat it like a project - options are skip, charity, sell, keep. I spent 2 years doing this with my folks house a weekend at a time (once a month as it was 265 miles away).
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Amongst the many reason for not wanting my Dad to pass away the prospect of clearing a house and outbuildings that have been in the family for at least 6 generations of hoarders is daunting.
    If I have not retired by the time of the sad event then that will be the trigger as it will be a full time job for months. Hopefully I can be less sentimental than he has been with previous passings. It is not easy to watch the inner turmoil. My thoughts and condolences to anyone going through the experience, past, present, or future.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

I'll pay for Susan Boyle to be first just to see the look of horror on your face or see just how fast you can get on a bike getting away from her.

MvdP will have no chance of keeping up with me if that hsppens
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    pblakeney said:

Amongst the many reason for not wanting my Dad to pass away the prospect of clearing a house and outbuildings that have been in the family for at least 6 generations of hoarders is daunting.
    If I have not retired by the time of the sad event then that will be the trigger as it will be a full time job for months. Hopefully I can be less sentimental than he has been with previous passings. It is not easy to watch the inner turmoil. My thoughts and condolences to anyone going through the experience, past, present, or future.

I looked after mum for 5 years as she got progressively worse and the physical and mental demand on me mirrored her condition.
    The not knowing what state she was going to be in when you put the key in the back door and there was no sign of life...
    Then she passed away and you have the void to fill, the articles of clothing, the furniture, the endless sentimental stuff, the memories, the mountains of correspondence and photo's, the intimations, invites tot he funeral and all that entailed.
    It was pure hell and I don't wish it on anyone.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    I can't like that post Piña as it seems the wrong sentiment, but I'm with you there.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597

I can't like that post Piña as it seems the wrong sentiment, but I'm with you there.

Likewise.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman said:

What I will say though is its sometimes better being forewarned and prepared rather than being dropped in at the deep end.

I wasn't dropped in at the deep end luckily. It started slowly.
    In fact, I only came here to convalesce but made the quick realisation that mum needed help.
    Yes - the DNR: I had to sign it and it was a hard thing to do.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Thankfully old dear is no battier than normal at present, although with her family history I'm expecting it may change. New place will be future proofed as best we can, things like what would happen if she can't climb the stairs are being considered. But who knows what will happen?
    I was described as being in the sandwich generation, as many of us are. Looking after kids, they're still reliant on us for now, and also the older generation.
    Seeing what my aunt and uncle are going through with dementia, and as a result my cousins, my mother has said whilst she desperately misses my dad she's glad it was relatively quick for him and he never lost his marbles.
    This place is actually very helpful as a release and place to vent at times, hopefully the same for others. A weird virtual support group for blokes that pedal occasionally. Sending happy and supportive vibes to you all, be it family, pets, general life malaise or hangover that warrants it.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ^^ Tru dat
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    Well said V. I appreciate the lot of you - only place I really have where I can vent. Weird.