'ning

colder but less breezy

ride cafes and gmc, early bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    on leave.

coffee, zwift, weights, grab a matinee at the flicks with bambino.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Last day before a week off.

Work avoidance- unlikely.

@pinno you ok hun?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

Have a great week off, same here but work avoidance is a dream but not a reality

As I’m away next week, I’m obviously starting with an illness, this mornings run felt like the last few miles of a long run 😢

Later will be the pub to try and kill the bugs

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    No time off for me. Nothing but work just now, and at least until after Easter, when more work will come along. Hopefully by then a new minion or two will arrive and lessen the burden.

Mrs beansprout's employer was taken private a few months ago, so she had a windfall. Rather than stick it in the bank, we are going to use it as a deposit to buy a holiday home/holiday let. She's off to see it tomorrow en route to a 2 week stay in Cornwall for her and mini. I'm getting a train down at 6:30 a.m. on good Friday, back on Easter Monday.

Work today, work tomorrow, work Sunday.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. WFW. Actually rode in today as wind has dropped. Legs like sticks of week old celery.

If he was eaten with pineapple does that make Robinson a Gammon?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    2 hours and ticking, going through loads of documentation on the upcoming house purchase. Solicitors doing what solicitors do, nitpicking every single possible thing. Which is right 'n' proper I guess. Even within a standardised process aimed at keeping things simple and efficient, that doesn't cater for what may or may not have taken place going back years.

Mind you a water tank in the loft is a water tank, I've seen it, it's not a T-34.

And relax. This will come to pass.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

Mind you a water tank in the loft is a water tank, I've seen it, it's not a T-34.

Suppose it's best to double check these things.

• MattFalle
    edited April 2022
    orraloon said:

how do you know? was it previously owned by a Ukranisn farmer with a tractor? it could just be in disguise.

#suspicion

piccies of house?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn said:

@pinno you ok hun?

Yeah, where is he? He'd normally be posting large volumes of bollox by now.

Busy day. Off to the tip shortly then an afternoon of reviewing tortured numbers (I've delegated the torturing to minions so I can't be accused of cruelty).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cracking day here, clear and sunny all day. Took the opportunity to have a slack day, finished installing heated towel rail then had a nap in the sun for a while before lunch. Did even less this arvo, other than a short ride on the turbo to earn drinkies.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    MattFalle said:

piccies of house?

Nice try. I don't want an MF or 2 lurking in the mancave garage, thank you very much.
  • seanoconn

No time off for me. Nothing but work just now, and at least until after Easter, when more work will come along. Hopefully by then a new minion or two will arrive and lessen the burden.

Mrs beansprout's employer was taken private a few months ago, so she had a windfall. Rather than stick it in the bank, we are going to use it as a deposit to buy a holiday home/holiday let. She's off to see it tomorrow en route to a 2 week stay in Cornwall for her and mini. I'm getting a train down at 6:30 a.m. on good Friday, back on Easter Monday.

I hereby invoke the rule of bagsy and claim rights to said holiday gaff during the first week of August 👍
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno you ok hun?

2 days and no sign. We’ll have to send his neighbour to check on him.

Orraloon?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

piccies of house?

Nice try. I don't want an MF or 2 lurking in the mancave garage, thank you very much.
    I got this from the estate agents particulars

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    seanoconn said:

I hereby invoke the rule of bagsy and claim rights to said holiday gaff during the first week of August 👍
    It'll certainly be available to let at mate's rates to those who are pre-vetted and clean. ;) Bagsy duly noted!

Haven't got it yet mind. Mrs beansprout has a pal in the village, and got a heads up that an old couple were selling up, so we are hoping to get in ahead of it being made generally available. Might all go t!ts north.

In a village in Exmoor national park, a mile or so from the sea. Should be good for riding, both on and off road, and walking. Hours drive or so from Croyde for surf.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

piccies of house?

but they are quiet and small and once in a lifetime useful.
  • MattFalle

seanoconn said:

It'll certainly be available to let at mate's rates to those who are pre-vetted and clean. ;) Bagsy duly noted!

Haven't got it yet mind. Mrs beansprout has a pal in the village, and got a heads up that an old couple were selling up, so we are hoping to get in ahead of it being made generally available. Might all go t!ts north.

In a village in Exmoor national park, a mile or so from the sea. Should be good for riding, both on and off road, and walking. Hours drive or so from Croyde for surf.
    sounds utterly lovely.
    presuming small local pub, ales on tap?

its going to be a county line job for ho 'n' blow though....
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410

So yet further decimating the housing stock and pushing up house prices to levels locals can ill afford. Nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn

So yet further decimating the housing stock and pushing up house prices to levels locals can ill afford. Nice.

Good point 👍

Take that beansprout and MF’s.
  • orraloon
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno you ok hun?

Orraloon?
    Oi baint be 'iz neighbour oi baint. Not yet anyway. Plus does 50 miles+ qualify as 'neighbour'?

Frustrating times continue. Still not done deal on The Move. O/s questions to be box ticked, seller's solicitor being a lazy barsteward.

Upside. Another good, friendly, reassuring chat with seller earlier, he wanted to talk after I messaged him with a 🤞 type. He's pixxed off with the lack of progress, same solicitor working, in theory, on his next purchase as well which is giving him problems. Seems a good helpful guy. Good that we have an open channel rather than relying on 3rd parties to do or not do stuff. And the year ticks on.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

@pinno you ok hun?

Orraloon?
    He's still a non-dom.

Cornwall is a bit 'local'