wednesday hitching a ride in the mandjet barque

'ning

smidge colder

ride, cafes, more gmc lab, early bail, bubbly and nibbles followed by bubbly and dinner
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Riding in as the forecast looks reasonable, apart from that 40 mph headwind on the way home :grimace:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    thistle_ said:

Morning

Riding in as the forecast looks reasonable, apart from that 40 mph headwind on the way home :grimace:

At least there aren’t lots of long straights…….. 😂
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very chilled start because the hotel aren’t serving breakfast yet, morning run sacked of as too high intensity on the coastal path.

Working from a branch and home to get away at a reasonable time as a long journey home
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Weird dreams. Perhaps alcohol free evenings are the cause?

Work work day beckons, first of what should be my last month of such paid for fun 'n' games pre The Move (🤞 still but progressing at glacial rate). Looks like will get soggy around lunchtime. Oh well, said in a Peter Green tone.
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Morning

Maybe I can find a bus to draft.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Morning

Maybe you should have a hybrid and tack?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Windy chilly wet grey gloomy.
    Toots are off away away* whilst I wait for double glazing thingy bloke for the umpteenth time.

Will shift a Merc daan souf for the killing soon. Should get an over inflated price for it.
    Some Oligarch can buy it out of their only accessible cash account.

*Vernacular. As opposed to just 'away'.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

winding down to going on leave from tomorrow at 12.

by winding down i mean doing even less than the minimal amout i normally do.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Weird dreams. Perhaps alcohol free evenings are the cause?

Work work day beckons, first of what should be my last month of such paid for fun 'n' games pre The Move (🤞 still but progressing at glacial rate). Looks like will get soggy around lunchtime. Oh well, said in a Peter Green tone.

Are you expecting 'paid for fun 'n' games' after the move?!
    Sign on at the Job Centre, Carlingwalk street, CD.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Morning

Maybe you should have a hybrid and tack?
    I can tack but then I'd have a 40 mph crosswind alongside the river for half of it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    In the orifice and suffering with a large dose of CBA. Big boss is over from the US and is in the boardroom with the directors, I can hear raised voices but can't make out what they are saying. is leaning against the wall with a glass to my ear a bad look?
    Should I ask about the shape you're in 'loon?
    Thistle, would the 40mph crosswind blow you into the river or away from it?
    I managed to wobble in this morning and it felt like hard work. Too much going on and poor sleep may be partially to blame. Being unfit more so.
    Enjoy the leave MFs, are you all going away?
  • thistle_

Away, down the embankment into the hedge, so that's OK.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166

Morning folks,
    In the orifice and suffering with a large dose of CBA. Big boss is over from the US and is in the boardroom with the directors, I can hear raised voices but can't make out what they are saying. is leaning against the wall with a glass to my ear a bad look?

I was in one of those meetings this morning. It was us vs the Kingdom of Far Far Away and we spent 90 minutes telling them that they were cretins and the last time anyone was as wrong as this, a bloke got off a plane in 1938 waving a piece of paper and saying 'there will be no war with Germany'. Luckily I had the CEO, CFO and Chairman in the same room on my side...

Anyhow, I feel better now I've had lunch. Definitely earned a bottle or two of tramp fuel this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

Away, down the embankment into the hedge, so that's OK.
    Excellent, soft landing then
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of dismantling a bit more of the previous owner's dodgy DIY work. En-suite had a spa bath which we've removed and sold, so now started on a short term repair to the damaged wall where the plumbing for it was hacked in. Removal of all old stuff now done, just need to fix in some proper supports and start the new panelling. Have acquired a (used) heated towel rail to install, so a bit of wiring to sort out as well. Finish that tomorrow if I get busy.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon

The shape I'm in? Ooh, matron....
    though as I did point out to the terminator clone on here, I don't need to have a stupidly noisy panzerwagon to compensate for the size of my richard 😊
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Sitting in my car around the corner from my house. Wife had numerous relatives over and I’m not feeling sociable right now. They are going by 7pm. Only 59 mins to go. Sigh.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

I feel your pain about greif from across the pond. Because some numpty didn't switch everything off on a machine he got hurt. Personally self inflicted and poor design spring to mind. However Because of Yankee failure the rest of the world has to feel the pain. Safety managers have had their balls well and truly rung and told to ensure nothing happens ever again at the pain of losing their job.

Mine is across the Pacific as well as the Pond. Seems Head Office stupidity rises as distance from the UK increases. I might watch a few old episodes of 'Banzai' tonight to remind myself what a bunch of clowns they are.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Sitting in my car around the corner from my house. Wife had numerous relatives over and I’m not feeling sociable right now. They are going by 7pm. Only 59 mins to go. Sigh.

Might be quite amusing if your rellies drive off and see you sitting in a parked car.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

just go to the pub or local brothel for some ho n blow in your new suit.

when you get home and your wife asks you where you've been just say "well, your rellies are dull so i went and got a blowie, some finger bum and a load of Colombian instead".

#justasuggestion
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

though as I did point out to the terminator clone on here, I don't need to have a stupidly noisy panzerwagon to compensate for the size of my richard 😊
    I was taking a line from Oh Well, something about don't ask about the shape I'm in. Something something and my legs are thin.
  • orraloon
    "Can't help about the shape I'm in
    Can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
    Don't ask me what I think of you
    Might not give the answer that you want me to"

Only variant is my legs ain't thin. 😊
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Three site meetings today followed by the gym.
    Waiting for dinner to cook itself then early to bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Drats! Got rumbled by son coming home and he saw me in the car. We sat and chatted for a while until wife rang to check where we both were. Had to admit defeat and go in for tea and biscuits. Yawn.

I must admit I do like MF’s idea but alas my suits and untraceable cash were both at home with no way of me getting at them so no ho’s n blow for me today.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Well if you're too tight to buy a decent car, here's a suggestion for how you get back to Sweatsville when you get kicked out of England ;)
    https://youtu.be/tbNlMtqrYS0
  • orraloon

• Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Yep, you did react :)
  • pinno
    [Emptying the friikin drafts folder]