Partygate

Despite De Pffeffel's protestations of innocence about the whole affair, what do you lot reckon shpuld be done?

Resignation?

Legal action?

Nothing?

Waddya say?
The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Should be quietly "disappeared" to a pig farm where his genitals are fed to a swine whilst he watches before the rest of him is consumed - alive but paralysed by drugs.

*These are purely my views and do not represent the views of others.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Why aren't they saying who has been fined? Would they normally name people who were fined in these situations? If not I don't have an issue with it although I assume an FoI request can, and will, be made in which case it would be pointless but if they normally name anyone fined it just another layer of them and us to it all.

To answer the question above I assume any fine given out will be the limit of legal action available, as long as it is proportionate to what others got that's really all I ask for. You would expect in times gone by that a Prime Minister found to have broken the law (that he helped introduce) would feel the need to resign but Johnson hasn't got that sort of mentality so he'll probably try to deflect and make false accusations about Starmer instead.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Should be quietly "disappeared" to a pig farm where his genitals are fed to a swine whilst he watches before the rest of him is consumed - alive but paralysed by drugs.

*These are purely my views and do not represent the views of others.

No no no! #toryscum 'leaders' have a somewhat poor track record with pigs.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    How long before the list of fined people gets leaked?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Pross said:

Why aren't they saying who has been fined? Would they normally name people who were fined in these situations? If not I don't have an issue with it although I assume an FoI request can, and will, be made in which case it would be pointless but if they normally name anyone fined it just another layer of them and us to it all.

To answer the question above I assume any fine given out will be the limit of legal action available, as long as it is proportionate to what others got that's really all I ask for. You would expect in times gone by that a Prime Minister found to have broken the law (that he helped introduce) would feel the need to resign but Johnson hasn't got that sort of mentality so he'll probably try to deflect and make false accusations about Starmer instead.

It's all in the past, we can't read anything into the character or future decision making from anything that has already happened.

Captain Hindsight might be able to see it is completely inappropriate now, but he wasn't saying it at the time.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

How long before the list of fined people gets leaked?

Shortly before PMQs tomorrow, would be my guess...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Remain Leave still a political divider for yougov, eh?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited March 2022
    What should happen - he should resign in all the disgrace of a liar and a hypocrite.

What will happen - nothing (as I've always said). Further, Sunak's budget has torpedoed his chances of being PM now and there is no one else who can take over.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    ddraver said:

What should happen - he should resign in all the disgrace of a liar and a hypocrite.

What will happen - nothing (as I've always said). Further, Sunak's budget has torpedoed his chances of being PM now and there is no one else who can take over.

Out of interest, why do you say the budget has torpedoed Sunak for PM?
  • ddraver
    edited March 2022
    Becasue now he's nasty, money grabbing, no ideas Sunak rather than "why yes, exactly how much money would you like?" Sunak...

The one that owns 5 cars and doesnt know how to pay for things etc
    - @ddraver
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    ddraver said:

Becasue now he's nasty, money grabbing, no ideas Sunak rather than "why yes, exactly how much money would you like?" Sunak...

So, I'm not sure how that weakens him as a potential leader of the Conservative party.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    morstar said:

ddraver said:

So, I'm not sure how that weakens him as a potential leader of the Conservative party.
    He increased tax, that's the ultimate sin for them.
  • ddraver
    Ha ha, well true...

I think the total lack of any imagination to deal with an obvious problem roaring down the tracks is going to be hard to lose though.

The massive caveat in all of this is his opponent is likely to be Liz feckin' Truss. So who knows...
    - @ddraver