Many mumbling mice munching on Mango Monday thread

Ta da!

This should give SG a creative break.

Snow on Wednesday.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Can't sleep either? Too much going through my head and having trouble switching it off. Time from first set of church bells striking the hour to the last set is a little over 10 minutes. Then we have peace for 20 before the half hour songs start.
    You recovered from whatever bug you had?
    Another nice day forecast for today, then expected to take a down turn tomorrow before rain on Wednesday. Hasn't rained here in over 100 days. Off to see elderly uncle and aunt later, going to take a COVID test first as she's not well and has been on oxygen for years. Really don't want to chance giving her anything. Have a good day people.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    'Ning

Looking nice again today and I'm not in work but got some DIY to do as a mother's day present.

No snow forecast here on Wednesday but looking cold, only 12 degrees :smiley: looking wet on Thursday now but that works ok for me.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    'ning

weather continuing descent back into winter

ride cafes and lab, bail, bubbly
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Thick fog round at Casa Stevo first thing and still a bit murky on the way into town. Following Saturdays bike ride, my leg has decided to start acting up a bit after not complaining at all yesterday. Bizarre.

Onwards to coffee and tax mitigation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Shoot sleep as stayed up late drinking and watching (catch up) the GP.

Gentle run completed and now work stuff followed by gym stuff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,322

Getting there ta. I managed a 30 mile top class professional glass cranking ride with 2 visits to friends en route making it almost a 3 hour ride. I was impressed with myself.
    Didn't get any cake or coffee though. Actually, thinking about it, can I put in a complaint?
    You can blame Catholicism for your lack of sleep VN, i'll blame BST clock changes and Mrs P getting toots up (noisily) hextra hearly yesterday so that they would get to sleep at a reasonable time.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    tlw1 said:

You watched the GP from start to finish!? People do that? It’s a thing?

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

You watched the GP from start to finish!? People do that? It’s a thing?

If you are a geek
  • seanoconn
    Brain did not enjoy waking this morning at 6:20 ( stupid wife’s alarm not mine) (her alarm is stupid, not her) in the dark.
  • seanoconn

Can't sleep either? Too much going through my head and having trouble switching it off. Time from first set of church bells striking the hour to the last set is a little over 10 minutes. Then we have peace for 20 before the half hour songs start.
    Another nice day forecast for today, then expected to take a down turn tomorrow before rain on Wednesday. Hasn't rained here in over 100 days. Off to see elderly uncle and aunt later, going to take a COVID test first as she's not well and has been on oxygen for years. Really don't want to chance giving her anything. Have a good day people.

So you really are Italian then? Really truly?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Sooooo tired. Composing grumpy fucklong post in head for orher thread. #fuckme
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Si, I'm so Italian I even chickened out of military service when they issued a warrant for my arrest. Apparently I was whatever the Italian for AWOL is. That was news to me given I was 30 years old and in Kingston. They told me I'm Italian wether I like it or not. I like it, just not if it means being in the army.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Feeling slightly below average today after a late night on Saturday.
    I really need to get on the bike more as I've got 2 x 100 mile rides planned in May.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

seanoconn said:

Si, I'm so Italian I even chickened out of military service when they issued a warrant for my arrest. Apparently I was whatever the Italian for AWOL is.
    What more proof do they need? :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Which thread where who?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Bit of a CBA start to the day. Got Stuff to do... but... Enthusiasm levels down on the red. Think I might dig out the old Kona tourer with the racks, find a pannier, wobble to the shops, save me £15 worth of fuel for a 10 minute saunter. If only fewer lazy gits stopped driving oh a whole 500m or so...
  • seanoconn
    Attempt to service pedal fail. Bearings all over the floor, never to be seen again. New bearings ordered. Should have finished the YouTube video before I took the pedal apart 🤦‍♂️
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Which thread where who?

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13115632/football-stuff#latest
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Another day of loitering about town in between appointments.

Neuro dude recommends I have (yet another) round of needle in the neck trial, despite the last two being of limited to zero effectiveness. Tempted to Will Smith him.

Back on the tools to get the home office renovation finished. Up a long ladder to sand beams and boards, then fit skirting/architraves, paint the whole thing, build a new light box, remodel existing desk I built years ago for a bigger room, build all new cabinetry for rest of it, and figure out how I can re-wire bits of it.

Might order new garage doors tomorrow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    edited March 2022

Had lunch like a tourist, a lazy tourist it seems
  • orraloon
    Mucho bikes fettling today. Got the Kona Sutra rolling for the first time in 18 months plus, jings it's a heavy bombproof steel tourer, panniers, shop, food bits, sound.

Hadn't ridden the roadie Synapse in over a year, time to freshen it up. Running tubeless, not best practice to leave it sitting doing nowt for a year. One valve blocked with gunge, ended up breaking the stem, then lots of 'fun' stripping out congealed sealant around the tyre. First reseat attempt failed, need to do a total clean and reseal, another day.

Is what happens when gravelling takes over one's life.

Now got a venison casserole in t'oven, running down freezer contents ahead of The Move, using a St Bernardus dark Belgian beer, mmm smelling good.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    orraloon said:

using a St Bernardus dark Belgian beer, mmm smelling good.

See, now I like these strong Belgian beers, but Mrs H³ says, quite rightly for once, it's just spesh in a fancy bottle.
  • beansnikpoh
    Ah, just seen you're not drinking it, but making venison stew. What a good idea. I bet those carbonnades are made with good strong beer like that.
  • orraloon
    edited March 2022
    Indeed, I do like the flavours blended into the carbonnades using dark beers. Got another 30 mins or so before dishing up.

Belgian beers have such a wide range; ignore the Jupiler, Stella etc. Been Vlaamse-ing for best part of 30 years now (😳), enjoying good food, good beers, and good friendly people. The first (of many) van t'vat Hommelbier is always a 'oh yes, indeed' moment. Back there in a month's time,🤞no further c-word restrictions come in.

Edited to add: Mmm, mmm, mmm, the venison carbonnade is really tasty, soft soft meat and loads of flavours throughout. If anyone wants the recipe, as far as I can recall it, just ask.
  • beansnikpoh
    I need some venison first! Do you put juniper berries in? That's a traditional flavour for venison.

Hurrah. Booked some warm. 10 nights, 2 different places in Andalucia at the end of August into September. A nice hotel in a pueblo, and then a big villa where we have stayed before. Belongs to a friend of the MiL. Mate's rates makes it affordable.

Everyone else is going to St Ives in Easter hols. I'm there for Easter weekend. Too busy to do longer.
  • orraloon
    Juniper not in my cupboard unfort. Used redcurrant jelly from my jars stock for sweet, added some Sungold cherry toms from freezer stock for another sweet / sharp line. What I missed was celery, none in shop, so a bit of celery salt but not the same contribution. Is fun to play the flavour spectrum. Last time I prepped this I used blackcurrant jam, again sweet and sharp.
  • beansnikpoh
    Cooking is all about balancing or highlighting the sweet, the sharp, the hot (if you like it, or it's appropriate) and the salty.
  • pinno
    This ^ should be in that thread wot I created.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Evening, weather forecast wrong this morning. Proper cold and I was under layered. Had to seek out hills on the commute to keep warm.
  • seanoconn
    tetley10 said:

Evening, weather forecast wrong this morning. Proper cold and I was under layered. Had to seek out hills on the commute to keep warm.

Don’t trust those pesky meteorologists! Small Ruck sack, extra layer/gilet, light rain jacket, leg & arm warmers, skull cap, sunglasses, machete. Boom! Always be prepared, dib dib dib dob dob dob.