'ning

nippybright start

ride up and down, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Smallest child didn’t sleep to well and therefore I didn’t 🤬

Been a couple of years since we have been to aberdovey, forgotten how loverly it is, especially since one of the pubs has been refinished.

Today is try dodgy leg strain with a run (perhaps not the planed 3hrs) then beech and pub stuff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Have a barbie this arvo (channeling my inner WS here), a day to get on with Sorting Out Stuff, looking like my move is going to go ahead, purchase due to complete end April. I need to get full rad, dump Stuff that has just sat in boxes for past 2 years.

Sad new about Taylor Hawkins of FooFighters. He was only 50. RIP.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Good news about the house and bad news about Hawkins, 50 is quite young these days.

Off for a ride with a friend then probably up a hill later to test my ionosphere warmer and make the most of the last of the sunshine.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    End of April ?! FFS.

How much furniture can you fit on an L200?
    Do you need a whip around for fuel? 'Loon repatriation fund'.
    Can you speak Gallovidian?
    Do you have any furniture?
    Is the garden big enough for growing tatties?
    Shall I find you a good bad woman of Irish descent that can fix nets and owns a boat? [Applicants: please send picture of boat].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Gorgeous day.
    Must get arris into gear and put on my gear.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Nice out here and the clocks go forward tonight so we'll have some proper light in the evenings at last. Weetabix and tea consumed, best get the hounds ready. After that, my jobs list awaits...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    orraloon said:

Have a barbie this arvo (channeling my inner WS here), a day to get on with Sorting Out Stuff, looking like my move is going to go ahead, purchase due to complete end April. I need to get full rad, dump Stuff that has just sat in boxes for past 2 years.

Sad new about Taylor Hawkins of FooFighters. He was only 50. RIP.

BBQ snags for dinner here, after a flawless autumn day.

Finished the balustrade too, finally! Another job off the mahoosive list. Did a fair bit of shed tidy up after that, ready for the next one.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Glorious day wandering around in the town of my birth, probably not much like Oxo's. Roman ruins on display in the basement of shops, had lunch on the terrace of a restaurant that was a 14th century church. Going for pizza with a couple of my cousin's tonight. Going for a walk on lake Garda tomorrow. Coffee and ice cream has been had, glorious sunny weather as well. I do like it here.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401

Glorious day wandering around in the town of my birth, probably not much like Oxo's. Roman ruins on display in the basement of shops, had lunch on the terrace of a restaurant that was a 14th century church. Going for pizza with a couple of my cousin's tonight. Going for a walk on lake Garda tomorrow. Coffee and ice cream has been had, glorious sunny weather as well. I do like it here.

Any run-ins with those pesky Capulet’s?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    seanoconn said:

No, big queue outside Juliet's gaff though. Seemed to be something going on. Turned out they were queuing for the Swatch shop up the road. Must have been the launch of a special edition or something.
  • Stevo_666
    Been out in the bike - did over an hour which is getting close to what I need to do before the commuting starts again. Let's see how much it hurts later...may need to some apple based medication.

Also realised just how bloody good the riding is around here. Miles of country lanes and loads of variety. Climbing if you want it, flattish if you don't. Just in time for the good weather.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

No, big queue outside Juliet's gaff though. Seemed to be something going on. Turned out they were queuing for the Swatch shop up the road. Must have been the launch of a special edition or something.
    Sounds good V. Well jealous. Enjoy.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Been out in the bike - did over an hour which is getting close to what I need to do before the commuting starts again. Let's see how much it hurts later...may need to some apple based medication.

Also realised just how bloody good the riding is around here. Miles of country lanes and loads of variety. Climbing if you want it, flattish if you don't. Just in time for the good weather.

You don’t live in Jersey as well do you!?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You don’t live in Jersey as well do you!?
    Nope - but I do live in a valley, as my legs found out today.