Ohhhn Shit . bike wanted.

So,on a long ride on Sunday the dreaded metal on metal sound and the tell tale jamming of the cranks told me all I needed to know.
Rear hanger and mech hanging loose and pulley wheels somewhere in the gutter.
Have a spare hanger so bought a derailleur and tried to fit , it was then I found a crack in the seat stay where the mech must have jammed.
So for some one retired and rides most days this is a bit of a disaster.
Is their anyone selling a size 54 carbon preferably Ultegra spec in good condition, catbon rim brake bike.
Budget £1500 - £2000 I live in the North East /North Yorks moors area and would like to purchase sooner rather than later.
If you have please PM with details.
thanks
Mark

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Sounds repairable if you need it on the road urgently.
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Hi SB
    Think it might be but have had so many issues recently with it I do not have the heart to try.
    Think I will ponder over the summer,get a quote and build it back up for winter.
    thanks for the reply.
    regards
    Mark
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    I'd throw Ribble into the mix as well but obviously there's the availability to consider.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Giant every day of the week
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    There was a chap on here desperately trying to get shot of a beautiful Cannondale Synapse, let me see if I can find the thread.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited March 2022
    Looks like the ad has expired, but I e-mailed him and got some pictures, it was a real beauty and had a power meter.
    It's also a 54cm, Hi Mod carbon, rim brake model, Ultegra and looked as new.

@ilovegrace would you like to PM me your e-mail address and I can forward it onto you?

It's possible he has sold it by now of course, but could well be worth an ask.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ilovegrace
    That would be good DB thanks . all options considered at the moment.
    thanks
    Mark
  • ilovegrace
    ibr17xvii said:

I'd throw Ribble into the mix as well but obviously there's the availability to consider.

How right you are ...
    Hardly any stock in
    many thanks for your reply
  • daniel_b

That would be good DB thanks . all options considered at the moment.
    thanks
    Mark

Just tried to e-mail it to you sir.

A mate of mine is ordering a flashy aero ribble bike, current delivery time is December I think.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ilovegrace
    Update
    After a load of searching and recommendations in this post I travelled to York , (when I say I ,I mean we , our 17 yr old daughter is learning to drive so she drove most of the way. I have to say there has not been a deodorant made yet than can control the sweat from the fear of this experience) .
    I settled on a Giant TCR advanced, 105 from the giant store at York.
    lovely bike, but I have to say £2000 for it !!! They are not worth it.
    Ps
    The cassette is a 30 tooth on the rear , can I use my Kysrium wheels with a 28 tooth without causing chain problems ?
    thanks for your help.
    regarfs
    Mark
  • daniel_b
    Ah I thought I posted earlier to see how you were getting on, but it clearly did not post.

Great news you have a new bike, how many miles was the round trip?

Pictures of bike are required :-)

Well done for getting it sorted so fast, I know what you mean, 2k does seem a lot bearing in mind it feels that not that long ago 1K would net a 105 bike.
    It's the going rate now however.......

It's rim brake I assume?

And very importantly, what colour?!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,507

Update
    I have to say there has not been a deodorant made yet than can control the sweat from the fear of this experience)

Glad to hear you have a new bike and as stated - pictures would be nice.

I agree on the child-learning-to-drive experience. One drive in particular was utterly terrifying and I was trying to stay calm to not add to her stress.
  • ilovegrace
    Update .
    Woke up this morning with back pain . When on my ride yesterday felt stretched .
    Suffer from back pain flare ups now and again and feels a lot like when I rode a bike that was to long I had a while ago.
    Going to have to think about this .
    regards
    Mark
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,460
    What size Giant did you get? If you were on a 54 previously then you should be on a M at most. An M/L would be too big. I'm a smidge under 6' and my M/L Defy is just about right. It felt too long at the start. I'd think a TCR M/L might be too big for me given the geometry isn't as relaxed as the Defy's is. I've not ridden a TCR so wouldn't know. I'm not as flexible as I used to be. I used to suffer from back issues on the Giant but now I do regular back stretches and exercises purely to alleviate this issue.

I know what you mean about taking kids on driving lessons. Fortunately my son passed the other week but i recall last summer starting him off in the local Park & Ride on Sunday afternoons scaring some hedges.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• ilovegrace
    Tweaked a couple of things , seat angle set back , handle bar angle.
    Had a ride out to Whitby and back and felt a lot better .
    See how it goes.

Congratulation to your son Mr P.
    regards
    Mark