Morning. Beautiful

🤩 thanks oxo

Morning 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Yeah yeah, nice try Seano.

Nippy, windy bright.
    I shall attempt some glass cranking roller action. I will gaffer tape Mrs P's hair dryer to the laundry rack and position it behind me to give me some tail wind assist.

M-SR later. My least favourite of the Monuments.

They have wrecked Milano Torino so we have Scheldeprijs, E3 Harelbeke, MSR, M-T, World ports classic, Ronde van Drenthe, Omloop het nieusblad - all potential sprint finishes.

Boring boring boring boring boring boring.
    With global warming, we should hold the classics and semi-classics in mid-winter to return them to former glory. At this rate, they'll all look like stages out of the tour of Oman.

And why did they re-name Lombardy?

Grumble, grumble, whinge...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I see 'Loon has been collecting bikes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Feel like springs here but didn't stop the traditional lie in. Been to post office and will take the hounds out shortly. Bike ride later, it would be rude not to.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Now now. Bleedin' snitches.

Juggle courier delivery due by 1230 but as it's Hermes?, bike ride in Sunshine, and MS-R. Decisions, decisions.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

...and MS-R. Decisions, decisions.

'Highlights' later on ES.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Managed to sweet talk the missus out of a trip to the seaside so I can watch the world indoor women in knickers championships followed by Milan san remo.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lovely early autumn day, sunshine, little breeze.

Finished Part 1 of replacement internal balustrade. Part 2 to commence next week when I've found some mojo.

Lunch out, a snooze in the sun, a short trundle round local streets on a bike, then cleaned and sharpened up the secateurs to get busy clipping the dead agapanthus flowers out.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Run with a pal in the hills, hard work as I didn’t get in until 4, thankfully he drove us there.

A few jobs than a ride to the 2nd bbq of the year and this weekend.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Currently sitting in Mrs GTi’s recently deceased uncle’s living room while she starts the process of digging around for family stuff that her mum wants. Trying to persuade her that the idea of renting a storage locker and just shifting stuff there in the short term is a bad idea and that she should sort through, find her nan’s stuff that was kept here and then just hire a house clearance company to do it all. Not making much progress with that yet. She’s the sole executor for the will so it’s looking like a relatively big job for the next few months until his house sells.

Other than that, planning to do absolutely nothing of use for most of the weekend!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had. I seem to have an accelerating hangover, one that starts mild but gets worse as you sober up. I can think of an easy cure.
    We went out straight from work for the IT manager's leaving drinks, somehow stayed in the pub into the early hours. Think today will be a quiet day as a result. The EPO keeps laughing at me for some reason, that's just cruel.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

windy but dry ride with some friends. utterly lovely.

home, Veet'd, hot bathed, fresh coffee. Afternoon of tinkering and watching bike racing ahead. May bicker on here as well for a change.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    And courier just delivered. Time to stop sitting awaiting, quarter-watching MS-R, only 180km to go. Got windy here in past hour. Get out, do a flatter loop with a bit more shelter then get back for the interesting last 20 mins.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

And courier just delivered. Time to stop sitting awaiting, quarter-watching MS-R, only 180km to go. Got windy here in past hour. Get out, do a flatter loop with a bit more shelter then get back for the interesting last 2 mins.

FTFY.
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022
    oxoman said:

🤔Loon is this the carrier to pick a few of your spare bikes as mentioned elsewhere. 🤭

MattFalle said:

Ciao

home, Veet'd, hot bathed, fresh coffee.

😖really 😔🤣

oh yes. got bored so all over Veet. like a fuckingeel.

• Stevo_666
    Now in downtown Sevenoaks checking out the cafes for coffee and bacon quality before grabbing a few supplies. So far so good. Bike ride deferred to later as Mrs. has collared me for jobs later.

Now weighing up quotes to get the rest of the windows double glazed that are already done, plus replacing the decking. Easy come, easy go...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    watching milan - san remo, eating pasta, drinking coffee wondering wtaf i am living here and not back there....
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

🤔Loon is this the carrier to pick a few of your spare bikes as mentioned elsewhere. 🤭

MattFalle said:

Ciao

home, Veet'd, hot bathed, fresh coffee.

😖really 😔🤣

oh yes. got bored so all over Veet. like a fuckingeel.

Some good marketing from Veet when Obama took over the US presidency from George Dubya.

• MattFalle
    mega 😂😂😂

but not as mega as us beating us at the rugby!
  • MattFalle
    tbh though, there's nothing like a full Veeting sesh to feel clean and nice and sleek.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

tbh though, there's nothing like a full Veeting sesh to feel clean and nice and sleek.

'Back, sack and crack' ?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

'Back, sack and crack' ?
    like a fuckingeel mate. its gonna look mega with a black balaclava a la Shankill 1970s/80s
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

'Back, sack and crack' ?
    like a fuckingeel mate. its gonna look mega with a black balaclava a la Shankill 1970s/80s
    Sounds like something out of the basement scene in Pulp Fiction...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Jet washed the barbecue that I forgot to clean after last use. Covered myself in shyte. Good result though.

Cutting back stuff, retraining climbers, pruning stuff, feeding the pots and raised beds with pelleted chicken sheeite and potash. Jet washed patio. Swept decking.

No doubt that will mean the coldest and wettest last two weeks of March on record. Lovely day today though, if windy.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

'Back, sack and crack' ?
    its all very liberating tbh

not sure how its going to feel when it all starts growing back though.
  • MattFalle

Jet washed the barbecue that I forgot to clean after last use. Covered myself in shyte. Good result though.

Cutting back stuff, retraining climbers, pruning stuff, feeding the pots and raised beds with pelleted chicken sheeite and potash. Jet washed patio. Swept decking.

No doubt that will mean the coldest and wettest last two weeks of March on record. Lovely day today though, if windy.

did you Veet your nads though?

not a proper day's work done 'til you done that young Beansprout3
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    I'll pop down Boots now Matt.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

'Back, sack and crack' ?
    Veet improves volume of farts too, excess hair acts as a sound dampener.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

'Back, sack and crack' ?
    its all very liberating tbh

not sure how its going to feel when it all starts growing back though.
    Like a cross between a hedgehog and coarse sandpaper
    interesting.

i'll report in.
  • MattFalle

I'll pop down Boots now Matt.

thats the spirit - top work that man!