SOLD - DeRosa Nick Full Carbon Superlight Road Bike, White, 58cm, new (but see description) - £1500

jahknob
jahknob Posts: 34
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uelTT6b0B9fkjCgdDTe_g1kw1M_RKMRH/view?usp=sharing

Up for sale is a custom-built DeRosa Nick Carbon superlight racing bike, with (mostly) SRAM Red 10s groupset (rim brake) and Citec 3000 Aero clincher wheels. The bike has been professionally built by an expert mechanic and is largely brand new.

You can find full details about the frame and geometry here:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/de-rosa-nick-road-frame-2019

Size of the frame is L - I would say suitable for around 5’11” to 6’4”. Some measured dimensions from the actual bike are as follows:

Standover height 79cm
Head tube height 86cm
Virtual top tube 58cm
Head tube 18cm
Saddle tip to bar centre 54cm (11cm stem) - not fixed, just for info as built (see below for contact point options to fit - this dimension can easily increase or decrease by 2-3cm)

The total bike weight (without pedals) is just under 7kg. This is pretty good for a large bike, especially when you consider the asking price.

Most significant other point is that there is a big paint chip just at the back of the head tube (frame has never been used or built up before this - it is JUST a paint chip, carbon layup in no way compromised). There is also a tiny paint chip on the black DeRosa logo on the down tube. I will get both of these touched up, so it’ll be much less easily noticeable (but not yet, in case potential buyer wants to assess for him/herself).

Please message me if you want to see more pictures - please note the current pictures show the American Classic Argent tubeless wheels which I have replaced with the Citec, as these are less expensive (and not listed as tubeless compatible) - the rim depth and colour are pretty much the same, so only close inspection will show a difference.

This is the full component list:

Frame - DeRosa Nick full carbon 2019 - L white (new)
Fork - DeRosa Nick full carbon white (new)
Headset - DeRosa Nick internal bearing (new)
Bottom Bracket - FSA BB386 Evo (new)
Chainset/Chainrings - FSA Gossamer Evo BB386 50/34 172.5mm
Brake callipers - SRAM Force
Shift/brake levers - SRAM Red 10s
Front derailleur - SRAM Force 10s
Rear derailleur - SRAM Red 10s
Chain - KMC X10 (new)
Cassette - SRAM Red XG1090 11-26
Wheels/QRs - Citec Aero 3000 30mm deep clincher alloy (new)
Tyres/tubes - Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 23mm (with new spare tyre)
Stem - Selcof Energy 110mm (new)
Handlebars - Deda Trentacinque 420mm (new)
Seatpost - Tifosi carbon 31.6mm (new)
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR carbon (new)
Seatpost clamp - supplied (new)
Bar Tape - B&W Cinelli cork (new)
Cables - supplied (new)
Bottle & cage - Zefal Pulse L2 superlight x2 (new) - 2x bottles provided if desired (NB not shown in picture)
Pedals - N/A

Happy to swap contact points as necessary - bars and stem to get a comfortable position and a good fit, saddle too, from a selection, if not suitable. Can also swap to a set of SRAM Force Carbon 175mm cranks for longer legs if desired..

The bike comes WITHOUT pedals, but I have several sets of Look Keo Blade carbon pedals in very good condition, with new cleats, at very reasonable prices (£45-65 per pair on top of bike price).

Can swap in wider tyres if desired from an extensive selection of new, fast racing tyres (at whatever the price difference is), and latex tubes at cost.

The bike is in North London. I would much rather sell to a buyer in person, so I can check the fit and make sure the component choices are the best that I can offer. I can box the up for courier pick-up, but will do my best to avoid this option unless buyer convinces me that it's going to be right for them.

Any questions, or requests for more pics, please don't hesitate to get in touch. NB this bike is also up for sale elsewhere too FYI (if this isn't allowed on this forum, please let me know and I will remove this ad).

Comments

• Link to photo added
  • One other thought regarding this bike and how it can be configured - I can bring the price down by swapping the American Classic wheels for a pair of slightly heavier and non-tubeless compatible racing wheels - I have a few choices - pair of Citec Aero 3000 with 31mm rims, low spoke count, made in Germany, very strong and fast wheels, which would drop the price of the bike by £200, or a basic set of Shimano RS100s or Campagnolo Calima wheels would take £300 from the total bike price. And if you really want this bike to go fast, could also put on a set of 65/85mm Prime carbon clinchers (think these are tubeless compatible) for an extra £150, compared to current asking price, and could throw in a set of Deda aero clip-on TT bars.

If this bike looks like it might be for you, get in touch. Happy to discuss options..
  • jahknob
    Post edited as new but less expensive clincher wheels subbed in, price has decreased. Plenty of options to customise. Grab a bargain!
  • jahknob
    Bike now sold!