monday deciphering the phaistos disc

'ning

ride, cafe, nip into gmc to dabble in lab, cafe, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meant to be going to offices but such a shoot sleep I think I would fall asleep at the wheel.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Four down in the department at the moment. About to go in and commandeer the photocopier for half an hour. God knows how much cover I’m going to get today. Just hope nobody else calls in sick. Have a lovely day everyone!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Don't worry Gti, I won't call in sick.

A lot better today. Almost feel normal. I think I slept the majority of the last 36 hours.
    Hopefully Royal Snail will deliver a W202 throttle body.
    Must get toots to school.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Office, but on the earlyish train, which was rammo with maskless people coughing on each other and generally flinging shyte at each other like barely sentient apes.

I will therefore be giving the bicycle a stern look when I get home later and hoping that I remembered to clean down and lubricate the chain before I shoved it in the asgard whenever I last used it. I will probably also need new kit though, as I fear my old stuff will have got smaller.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of low achievement. Some friends stopped by for a coffee/cake/chat this morning, but the rest of the day can be summed up in one word:

Fail.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Office, but on the earlyish train, which was rammo with maskless people coughing on each other and generally flinging shyte at each other like barely sentient apes.

I will therefore be giving the bicycle a stern look when I get home later and hoping that I remembered to clean down and lubricate the chain before I shoved it in the asgard whenever I last used it. I will probably also need new kit though, as I fear my old stuff will have got smaller.

Last I remember you were using the bike more and getting fitter?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2022
    That was in December...

I think that's the last time I rode to work, or anywhere.

Been on the peloton static bike a few times, but been too much of a wimp to ride in the cold/wet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Working away in the man cave today, but will be headed in for the next three days as we have the sparky doing work on the house Tues and Weds and the power is going to be on and off for a while. And because we have a new minion starting this week. Not very helpfully, new minion's line manager got covid on the weekend so can't come in this week. Hey ho.

I'd love to ride into work but my iffy leg is still not quite up to it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Fail.

'sup?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Back in the waiting area of my favourite eye hospital, next in the never ending series of needles in the wrong right eye a-comin' my way soon. Def bringing down the average age and BMI figures again, less sure on IQ.

Sunny out there on way here through the city, students in term, lots of eye candy.

See, there's always an upside.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    I didn't call in sick either Mr GTi. WFW for me today, quite a pleasant wobble in the sunshine even if it was a bit fresh. Shame about the destination. Ooh, I should go for a ride with H³s tubbier replacement as it sounds like I might actually be fitter than him. Probably not though.
    If you have friends that will tolerate you in return for coffee and cake that can hardly be a complete fail Spinner, hopefully the only fail was not getting some odd jobs done. I never finish a job as it usually means the EPO will find another one for me to do.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I wish I could call in sick but if I did that I'd just end up working from home anyway, such is the joy of being the boss.
    But my new roof is looking better now the right size panels have been delivered.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Back. Quick but v v good and all turned out v well so v happy.

Utterly shattered though so gonna get home, dinner, bath, chillllll.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Working away in the man cave today, but will be headed in for the next three days as we have the sparky doing work on the house Tues and Weds and the power is going to be on and off for a while. And because we have a new minion starting this week. Not very helpfully, new minion's line manager got covid on the weekend so can't come in this week. Hey ho.

I'd love to ride into work but my iffy leg is still not quite up to

what cave?

although am shattered still have energy to come round and just stand there, weirdly, slightly just inside your personal space.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    He means his converted garage.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what cave?

although am shattered still have energy to come round and just stand there, weirdly, slightly just inside your personal space.
    The Caverna Dell'uomo
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

True, but it's fun to see how MF behaves when I call it that.
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

won't be fun when tbere is a MF standingly weirdly close to you all the time.

in the pub. weirdly close.

at work. weirdly close.

wake up in the morning. weirdly close.
  • MattFalle
    just standing there, gormlessly.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

won't be fun when tbere is a MF standingly weirdly close to you all the time.

in the pub. weirdly close.

at work. weirdly close.

wake up in the morning. weirdly close.
    Well you're Italian so you're not going to be far away...
  • MattFalle
    I'll ve everywhere.

omnipresent some may say.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Like an Italians B O.

Maybe that's why the Russkies are claiming they've found chemical weapons in Ukraine?
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Like an Italians B O.

must be something in our BO that makes all your women want to give us BJs

#strange,huh
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Like an Italians B O.

#strange,huh
    It get their noses away from your armpits?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,591
    oxoman said:

Try working with a Russian ex submariner boy do they hum.

Can they sing though?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

oxoman said:

Try working with a Russian ex submariner boy do they hum.

Can they sing though?
    oh ffs

😂😂😂😂

#megacomedy
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Like an Italians B O.

#strange,huh
    It get their noses away from your armpits?
    nah. they love a bit of armpit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what cave?

The Caverna Dell'uomo
    I'm disappointed bellendcave didn't catch on 😁
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2022

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what cave?

The Caverna Dell'uomo
    I'm disappointed bellendcave didn't catch on 😁
    I like that. According to Google Translate, that's 'grotta di be11end' in Italian :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

How about bottomless caverno

I could be pretend to be Bruce Wayne. Then it'd be the twatcave.