gloomy looking, hope it stays dry, slight hangover due to post-bubbly liqueurs

ride, cafes and restorative cake, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod said:

...restorative cake...

This ^, well this is good. I want some of that restorative cake, what is it exactly?

...and Putin?
    sungod_ said:

cafe stroll webex kill bubbly

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Stunning blue skies, sparkly frost, not the slightest breeze and a peculiar hesitancy from the sparrows to the bird table.

Shorty is in argumentative mood because we agreed on a proper breakfast of Muesli and she isn't that keen on the stuff. It's Swiss.
    Tricky is still in bed and we'll leave her there for another 20 mins to recharge her batteries.

Today will be doing making a start on the headliner on the old C Class.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, as birthdays last weeks in our house I’m doing whatever the youngest wants.

Out for a meal at beefy boys later, just hope I can fit some exercise in before hand
  • tlw1
    Nice walk with hounds this morning

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Woken by the hounds needing a leak, this feels early :) Wait till rain stops then off out to walk the furballs. May go for a ride later, weather depending.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Had coffee in bed, bit of a lie in. Hoping the weather breaks enough for me to finish getting the bike set up (need to loosen the headset, get some fluid into the rear brake, adjust the brake pads, set the seat up properly, find the cause of the rear wheel squeak, and stick pedals on). The 11-speed deore gears were ridiculously easy to fit and set up. Marking on and off all weekend.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited March 2022
    been out for a ride, minimum of 438 watts over 50k peak 940, so gentle trundle.

going for a shower.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    traditional slow start is being enjoyed, should get on and do something, but the coffee pot will feel neglected if I don't use it. Heading south with female child when she's ready, that won't be for at least an hour I suspect.
    Average .438 what's over 50k? I get an average of 1 WTF every couple of miles or so.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Morning folks,
    traditional slow start is being enjoyed, should get on and do something, but the coffee pot will feel neglected if I don't use it. Heading south with female child when she's ready, that won't be for at least an hour I suspect.
    Average .438 what's over 50k? I get an average of 1 WTF every couple of miles or so.

amended just for you V.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    A’noon. Lazy start. Food shopping. Lunch. First ride since 10 Feb and post COVID. Leg muscles like over boiled noodles. Meh.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    oxoman said:

…. Painkillers and alcohol on-going. Legs sore but I can manage. Hopefully wake up feeling better.

Tramadol and Brandy is my ‘go to’ remedy or just for fun on a Saturday night ;)

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Won parkrun (in my age category anyway).
    Maybe if I turned up on time and wore my running shoes I would've won it outright :D

Went up some hills after:

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Reminds me of childhood holidays to West Wales. Dolgoch falls we used to go and look at, after we'd been beasted up Cadair Idris. If we were lucky we got mint cake.
  • tlw1
    R
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Won parkrun (in my age category anyway).
    Maybe if I turned up on time and wore my running shoes I would've won it outright :D

Went up some hills after:

Well done!
  • johngti
    Bike’s done except for position tweaks (got fed up with working in the rain). Comes in at just under 10kg so I’m happy with that.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Bike’s done except for position tweaks (got fed up with working in the rain). Comes in at just under 10kg so I’m happy with that.

That's heavy.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

That's heavy.
    Nah. Alloy frame, shitheavy wheels, big old deore shifters and tektro brakes. It’ll do.
  • pinno
    Are you a stereotypical woolly cardigan wearing, liberal, rusty camper van driving (with CND badge) skint teacher?
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Are you a stereotypical woolly cardigan wearing, liberal, rusty camper van driving (with CND badge) skint teacher?

One bit of that is right.
  • pinno
    Hmm...

The skint bit?
  • johngti
    pinno said:

Hmm...

The skint bit?

Bingo!
  • Neutrinos wobble, but the don't fall down.