Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Still resting dodgy knee so yet again no run 😢

Work stuff, hopefully easier today.

Later is a session in the gym with an instructor followed by the pub
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Friday at the edge of the woods para mi, more Keith Flint stuff and / or coppicing / layering Hazel(s). Forecast now saying will be wet to start off though not actually raining as yet.

ShiteSleepSyndrome succumbs to a wee nightcap. Well now, there's a result.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,412
    Office today for a change of scenery after 3 days of WFH due to tube strikes. Not too many meetings but still got appraisals to write up which takes ages. Ride on the cards for this weekend, may venture a bit further than last time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Moist ride to the office, and not moist in a good way. Only one in at the moment which is probably for the best after last night's jalfrezi.
    Good to see that the local council have spent the last 3 weeks resurfacing one of the roads only to make it worse than before.
    Hopefully the sun will be out later for the ride home.
  • orraloon
    Just recognised, due to 6Music playing Firestarter, this is the 3rd anniversary of the passing of Keith Flint. Bless him.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Bless him?! He took a lot of stuff innit.

Bit gloomy grey here but looks like some brightness on the horizon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Radiation fuelled bat out of hell sprint/wobble into work this morning. Feeling invigorated/poisoned.

Thing 2 getting up to all kinds of mischief at school. Mummy thinks he’s an innocent victim, I know different. The crawling around on the ceiling at night is a dead giveaway. Anyway, think I’ll be out a lot at the weekend. @pinno Do you have a Lego project on the go I could help with.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    Mornin'.

WFH today - avoiding traffic jams in the car or post COVID commute by bike which I think might actually kill me more than the virus.

Despite the bright and sunny start I do believe this version of Friday is vastly over rated so I'm skipping on through straight to Saturday. Laters.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

@pinno Do you have a Lego project on the go I could help with.

Yes but I need a pedal first so pop over at about lunchtime.

• seanoconn
    Cool, if I leave now I should be there lunchtime next Friday at the latest.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    A slighlty calmer day of wfh which is good. Been chasing solicitors as in spite of the old dear signing a contract well over a week ago they still haven't exchanged, very tedious. Apparently they are waiting on a document for the freehold of the place she is buying. I suppose it is quite important that the paperwork is right, but do they have to take so long?
    Grey out there, but reasonably dry so far. Hope it's dry through the weekend. Going to take female child back to uni tomorrow and if the weather is reasonable we're going for a walk on the South Downs.
    Should probably get on with some work...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Drove Mum into city today for an appointment, followed by some lunch and appliance shopping for her. Couple of hours of tech support at her place after to sort out answering machine, TV, radio, and sundry other things...

Some late fiddling about swapping handlebars on a few bikes...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Pised off, bored, need to get away. Really cba with sitting around doing nothing of major.

to take mind off, going to start looking at building bambini's new bike.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Pised off, bored, need to get away. Really cba with sitting around doing nothing of major.

Can't you and sungod get together and do some espionage?

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Been teaching, meetings and teaching to come. Picking Mrs GTi up from work then sainsburys. Fun. Indian takeaway tonight. Bike fettling to look forward to tomorrow
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

we had espionage, unfortunately we also had a lot of clueless/self-serving/corrupt/gutless politicians who didn't act on it for the last 25-30 years, globally

freedom falls one day at a time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    edited March 2022
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Never mind espionage - assassination.

Saturday's thread:
    sungod_ said:

cafe stroll webex kill bubbly

• MattFalle
    slowly supping a Jennings Cumberland golden ale whilst listening to some chilled Paolo Nutini - surprisingly good - waiting for TDV to return home.
  • MattFalle

very recommended
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532

• seanoconn

Was a shock
  • thistle_
    Yeah, I heard it on the news on the way home and was wondering why cricket seemed to be the top story of the day.
  • seanoconn
    Smirnoff on sale in sainsburys. Hope no one was shameless enough to buy any.
  • orraloon
    seanoconn said:

Smirnoff is a Diageo brand thobut.

Def channeled the Keith Flint today, mega brash burning sesh, with lots of big ash sections as well, big big bonfire. And yes, ash is v good wood for home burning but location and v v slippy underfoot makes extraction problematic.

Biggest bonus? Bar blokes being outnumbered by ladeez? Watching 4 buzzards circling overhead. Four! Lovely.
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022
    oxoman said:

Smirnoff is ok as now uk 🇬🇧 owned and made the world over except russia according to google.

but isn't the governing party of england russian owned meaning that england is essentially owned by russia?
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

orraloon said:

seanoconn said:

Biggest bonus? Bar blokes being outnumbered by ladeez? Watching 4 buzzards circling overhead. Four! Lovely.
    I'm lucky to share a local trail centre with a pair, quite often see / disturb them on quieter days when riding the trails.
    Pair of ladeez?
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

It will have to have bling. Lots of bling. More bling than a blingy thing.
  • MattFalle
    ap
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

It will have to have bling. Lots of bling. More bling than a blingy thing.
    its got full Campag, if that helps. Wean him onto it from an early age.
  • pinno
    You have to. It's a must. If you don't he'll go over to the soulless dark side or worse - SRAM and then there will be no going back.
  • pinno
    Forgot to post 44444 on my 44444th post. Bollox.
    I'll have to wait for 55555.