sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

should be dry roads

ride, cafes, wfh etc., may seek out new cakes

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very damp

Youngest rug rat is 15 today so up early so he can open his presents.

Work snizzle is part 4 of a week of political horlex

Later is a curry at birthday boys request
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    ShiteSleepSyndrome spreads south. Perhaps alcohol-free evenings are the problem? Nice prep for work work day, inc planting some more big 2m+ yew trees, heavy heavy. Prob have a beer or 2 later then.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

ShiteSleepSyndrome spreads south. Perhaps alcohol-free evenings are the problem? Nice prep for work work day, inc planting some more big 2m+ yew trees, heavy heavy. Prob have a beer or 2 later then.

Careful yew don't put your back out lifting them.

Easy yoga and a shower before bed helps with sleeping sometimes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Those 2 little boys I saw pictures of... doesn't seem so long ago TLW.
    Happy birthday jnr!

Bit gloomy grey today. Zoom meeting later later. Bit of hedge tidying and that's about it on the cards today.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    WFH again due to bloody tube strikes. Could actually do with going into the office for a change of scenery but that'll have to be tomorrow. No rain but quite a bit of mist/fog as I can't see the North Downs Ridge out of the kitchen window.

Onwards to writing appraisals...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Bit of actually work interrupting my work day. Have to nip home at some point to let the boiler man fix the heating before the missus moans me into a coma. You’d think someone from a country with cold winters would be able to cope for a couple of days but no, it doesn’t work that way.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    I fired you for harassing my hot Polish minion.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Fair enough 👍
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    How is boris?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Bit of actually work interrupting my work day. Have to nip home at some point to let the boiler man fix the heating before the missus moans me into a coma. You’d think someone from a country with cold winters would be able to cope for a couple of days but no, it doesn’t work that way.

You did say you were going to sh@g her brains out. What a good job you must have done.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah Thursday. Brief frenzy of power-tool garden tidying first up as this week is green waste bin collection. Trip to city again for meeting with financial advisor, which is really an excuse to chat about other more important stuff.

Home to a short afternoon of installing new bike hanging brackets in shed. One to do, but pending decision whether to keep that bike at all, or sell it and spend the cash on some other frivolous frippery. Strangely, I am leaning towards selling it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    How is boris?
    He'll never go near a hot tub again.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    How is boris?
    I'm confused: are you talking about Boris or his Boris?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Taught some classes (all year 12 so they’re nice) and I have a rare group of nice year 13s this afternoon in about 10 minutes. Feeling better today - thanks for the support yesterday. Will probably have a stroll down to Dartford to return the pedals I bought on Saturday after work so I can finish the flat bar conversion this weekend.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Been a bit busy. Also been chatting to someone about something. could be #interesting. #cryptic.

Apart from that, got confused by someone who was trying to explain something v simple earlier - it was like they just walked in a chucked a whole confusion bomb into the room and wandered off giggling.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How did I do?
    How is boris?
    I'm confused: are you talking about Boris or his Boris?
    I'm guessing it's a Polish bloke.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    be a medic, they said

travel the world, they said

meet interesting people, they said

learn interesting things, they said.

never said anything about ulcerific scrotums though did they? oh no.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Site visit this morning, back home late, working from kitchen. Just finished.
    Must pack everything under the sun for a weekend away including sufficient underwear to soil myself at least 4 times per day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

never said anything about ulcerific scrotums though did they? oh no.

Is that not one of those cases where the patient needs 5 separate opinions?

Like when the x rays come back of the bloke who fell on a carrot?
  • pinno
    I've had Epididymitis and that was bad enough without the one of the damn things popping out.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    So several glasses plus a wee nightcap the now; will the ShiteSleepSyndrome strike a second time? Soon to tell.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    ^^ That feels familiar. Sucks! I've got restless leg syndrome, so no sleep and crazy legs.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with the usual chaos, but bailed early and went up town with the family for a trip to the theatre. Had some food in Covent Garden then saw The Play That Went Wrong. The lad bought us all tickets for the EPO's birthday. Very good, highly recommended. Much laughter which was just what I needed.
    Don't think I'll click on that link from the MFs so hopefully I don't have a sleep like I'm that image.
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

^^ That feels familiar. Sucks! I've got restless leg syndrome, so no sleep and crazy legs.

I had big willy syndrome that woke me a few times and that Mrs seano wasn’t interested in helping with. Apart from that slept like a baby.
  • seanoconn

Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with the usual chaos, but bailed early and went up town with the family for a trip to the theatre. Had some food in Covent Garden then saw The Play That Went Wrong. The lad bought us all tickets for the EPO's birthday. Very good, highly recommended. Much laughter which was just what I needed.
    Don't think I'll click on that link from the MFs so hopefully I don't have a sleep like I'm that image.

Definitely due a visit to the theatre soon. Thanks for the recommendation. A play and not a musical? Can’t stand musicals.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    seanoconn said:

masjer said:

I had big willy syndrome that woke me a few times and that Mrs seano wasn’t interested in helping with. Apart from that slept like a baby.
    BWS is a nasty illness, first it causes occasional sleeplessness, then you start sleeping like a baby and in the final phase, the thing turns green and falls off.