monday needs more maneki-neko

'ning

cloudiness returns, not raining, yet

ride cafes and conf calls, is it still only monday?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Meh

Pub was fun last night watching an insane penalty shoot out.

Work stuff from an office far away
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

CBA already.
    WFW.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Shorty says she's going to buy a maneki-neko out of her pocket money for you SG.

Windy wet here. Tomorrow's forecast is good but my back is meh. Hopefully get it mobile today.
    Hedges 2/3rds done distance wise, 1/2 done work wise.

Where do I donate to Anonymous?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    morning all, everyone groovy i trust?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Fan bloody tastic.

Good holiday? :wink:
  • MattFalle
    edited February 2022
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Fan bloody tastic.

Good holiday? :wink:
    groovy gravy!

yeah, not bad thankyou. interesting. always good to go somewhere new and meet new people and do new things.

and have now got ten days at home whilst TDV goes away before I go away again. huzzah!

#secrrtofahappymarriage
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Morning all. WFW as usual. Still sore from wkends stupidity. On eldest lads navy's adventures, he's decided to say no. His current employer is going through big changes with plant etc and huge training opportunities going with it. We were surprised as he actually flew through HMS Sultan assessment. He has planted a seed in little oxo,s head though, see what happens. Welcome back MF.

ciao and grazie!

why doesn't he look at Navy/RAF/Army Reserves? All the travel, training, quals, leadership courses, pay, networking and fun from Regular service but without the bullshyte, hassle and he can walk away anytime he wants?

Keeps his current job and prospects, opens up billions of new doors.

also means that if he decides to go Regular route in due course he'll walk it.

#options
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    pinno said:

Shorty says she's going to buy a maneki-neko out of her pocket money for you SG.

Windy wet here. Tomorrow's forecast is good but my back is meh. Hopefully get it mobile today.
    Hedges 2/3rds done distance wise, 1/2 done work wise.

Where do I donate to Anonymous?

aw, tell her to to get one for herself and start a collection, as we have quite a few :)

aside from many cats statues etc., mrs s has an impressive elephant collection, a few i got her from elephant parade, when they had a 'parade' in london, baby-elephant sized statues on sloane square, south bank etc. we saw quite a few https://www.elephantparade.com/parades/london-2010 they support conservation

if you get a chance to visit a city where they are, it's fun wandering to see how many you can 'collect'
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited February 2022
    Afternoon, busy day again dealing with Russian related things, although not taking potshots at them like MF might be.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Site meeting done, only another three or four to do this week between everything else.
    Gym sesh this morning and upped the weights, no doubt I'll pay for that tomorrow
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Oh, and a bike ride on Sunday, the first since Christmas.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

Site meeting done, only another three or four to do this week between everything else.
    Gym sesh this morning and upped the weights, no doubt I'll pay for that tomorrow

any pain just wankitout

#youknowitmakessense
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Morning all. WFW as usual. Still sore from wkends stupidity. On eldest lads navy's adventures, he's decided to say no. His current employer is going through big changes with plant etc and huge training opportunities going with it. We were surprised as he actually flew through HMS Sultan assessment. He has planted a seed in little oxo,s head though, see what happens. Welcome back MF.

ciao and grazie!

why doesn't he look at Navy/RAF/Army Reserves? All the travel, training, quals, leadership courses, pay, networking and fun from Regular service but without the bullshyte, hassle and he can walk away anytime he wants?

Keeps his current job and prospects, opens up billions of new doors.

also means that if he decides to go Regular route in due course he'll walk it.

#options
    That's what the Navy guy has suggested to him when he rang them up. Something else for him to mull over. Arghh.
    27 days a year, choose exactly when he attends, what he does, 99.9% of no chance of him having to go anywhere dangerous until he chooses to do.

worth a punt and if he doesn't like it he just leaves.
  • MattFalle
  • thistle_
    It sounds like young Oxo has 3 reasonably good options to pick from. Tough to decide but it's a good situation to be in by the sound of it.

Someone at our place is in the Army reserves, it all sounds like a jolly to me.
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Cheers folks he,s looking at his options with training at work and then possibly look at the navy reserve option.

just do both.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

oxoman said:

Cheers folks he,s looking at his options with training at work and then possibly look at the navy reserve option.

just do both.
    you never now he might, hopefully ditch his clingy / needy emo OH first.

She's not that bad is she?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    [Frikkin draft folder getting emptied]

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523

clearing out drafts