saturday if not us, who? and if not now, when?

'ning

sunnynippy

ride, cafes with cake, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Got a race with a pal today which I think will take longer than I slept last night, perhaps shouldn’t have gone to the pub 🙄
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    I'm wondering where sungod is hiding, somewhere where it's sunny at 5am GMT? :smiley:

Seems sunnynippy here now, might muster up some willpower to go out somewhere.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    thistle_ said:

I'm wondering where sungod is hiding, somewhere where it's sunny at 5am GMT? :smiley:

Top floor of the Shard?
    The thing is, can he get a clear shot at Putin from there?

Windy, cloudy meh. Might sack hedge cutting plans until more conducive weather...

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Top floor of the Shard?

Windy, cloudy meh. Might sack hedge cutting plans until more conducive weather...

They could do a remake of 'Day of the Jackal' with sungod replacing Edward Fox.

Morning folks, good lie in so feel better for that. Will head out soon and get some fresh air with the hounds.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    thistle_ said:

pre-dawn sky, no cloud, ergo sunny
    pinno said:

Top floor of the Shard?

it'd need something powered to reach him from gong (shard bar, good views), i'd be happy do it though and raise a glass of bubbly to victory
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Day at the seaside scuppered by moody thing two. Football in the park with No1 son (no bias honestly) instead. A bike ride would be nice on this lovely morning but family duties take precedence 😥
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,555
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

pre-dawn sky, no cloud, ergo sunny
    pinno said:

Top floor of the Shard?

it'd need something powered to reach him from gong (shard bar, good views), i'd be happy do it though and raise a glass of bubbly to victory
    If you've got any powder left over could you send some to Xi, Kim and if possible Donald too.
  • sungod
    just checked on one of the sites we look after in kharkiv, out of contact since night, civilian medical facility :(
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Morning. Bobby Dazzler of a day here.
    ….. and my LFT is STILL showing a faint line after 11 days! No worries, that Boris geezer said it’s all fine so went shopping. Off to dance show later.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, this will be followed by gentle pottering. Need to sort the green bike out after its tumble.
    Sunny but fresh out there by the looks of things, should probably find out for sure. Coffee first.
    Isn't t47 the man we need for the hit? I mean the former poster, not a futuristic VW van.
    sungod said:

just checked on one of the sites we look after in kharkiv, out of contact since night, civilian medical facility :(

Puts any of our little gripes into perspective 😥
  • pinno
    sungod said:

Fustercluck.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Fustercluck.
    Plus potato
  • tlw1
    Run was good and at 5:08 - 5 mins longer than cider sleep.

4 place - so happy days
  • Stevo_666
    Managed a 30 minute bike ride just now with no pain afterwards - whoopee. Dismounting is fun though as that stretches my not quite mended tendon in the wrong way. I need a laydeez bike till I'm fully fixed :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening

Up early. Bit of telly, finally built up the road frame into a flat bar bike. Fairly happy, need to do some fettling and set up the brakes properly. Fairly happy with how it turned out. Just watched the rugby, wasn’t the hammering I thought it’d be.

• thistle_
    tlw1 said:

4 place - so happy days

Well done on 4th place. Cider's obviously the way to go.
    What race was it?
    Saw some runnists around the Long Mynd but they didn't seem to be in that much of a hurry.
  • thistle_
    Still feeling rubbish and had a headache all day, but you tend to forget when there's a great view (even if it's only of Shropshire).

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

4 place - so happy days

Well done on 4th place. Cider's obviously the way to go.
    What race was it?
    Saw some runnists around the Long Mynd but they didn't seem to be in that much of a hurry.
    Around Knighton - was a LDWA event
  • pinno
    sungod said:

Fustercluck.
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

4 place - so happy days

Well done on 4th place. .
    He didn't say he was 4th place in his class.
    Mind you, I dunno what class that would be.

• tlw1
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Fustercluck.
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

4 place - so happy days

Well done on 4th place. .
    He didn't say he was 4th place in his class.
    Mind you, I dunno what class that would be.

Nope, first in old knacker class
  • sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Fustercluck.
    our monitoring regained contact early this morning, doesn't look like there's anyone there though, just equipment ticking over, news reports say russian forces are in the city
  • veronese68
    Hope they're ok SG, especially if a medical facility.
    Good result TLW, still a silly thing to do. Stevo, meanwhile, going from a hybrid to a ladies bike. The EPO has a nice one with a basket you can borrow 🚲
  • Stevo_666

Good result TLW, still a silly thing to do. Stevo, meanwhile, going from a hybrid to a ladies bike. The EPO has a nice one with a basket you can borrow 🚲

Some people probably think hybrids are ladies bikes...
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Some people probably think hybrids are ladies bikes...
    Exactly, to the bike snob you've just taken a small step. I'll just carry on taking thepiss as normal 😁
  • johngti
    johngti said:

Evening

Up early. Bit of telly, finally built up the road frame into a flat bar bike. Fairly happy, need to do some fettling and set up the brakes properly. Fairly happy with how it turned out. Just watched the rugby, wasn’t the hammering I thought it’d be.

Looks crap JT. You’re going to need a longer stem and some pedals. FFS.
  • veronese68
    johngti said:

johngti said:

Evening

Looks censored JT. You’re going to need a longer stem and some pedals. FFS.
    How wide are those handlebars? You'll be on a girls bike like Stevo next, etc, etc
  • johngti

johngti said:

johngti said:

Evening

How wide are those handlebars? You'll be on a girls bike like Stevo next, etc, etc
    Started off at 72cm but they’re about 66 now. Already ordered the basket and handlebar tassels
  • thistle_
    johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Evening

Started off at 72cm but they’re about 66 now. Already ordered the basket and handlebar tassels
    You should have put some yardsticks on for a laugh.

There was a GMBN video where they kept cutting the bars down to see how narrow they can go before they fall off. I'll see if I can find the link.
  • thistle_
    Here you go, anything more than 400mm is plenty (17m30s)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TtoviOKwOv0
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

johngti said:

Evening

You should have put some yardsticks on for a laugh.

There was a GMBN video where they kept cutting the bars down to see how narrow they can go before they fall off. I'll see if I can find the link.
    That 40cm bar looks mental! The 50cm looked dodgy enough - fair play to Blake for not totally stacking it!!