wednesday seizing assets, all your stoli now belong us

'ning

looks like it'll be a nippybright start

ride, cafes, conf call marathon, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice run where the headtorch was turned off half way 😎 opposite to last nights

Work stuff and then probably gym
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Endless work stuff. Going to start going back to the office 3 days/week from next week.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Why the 'ean' in beansnikpoh?

Easy day today - not much choice on that one given the weather but could do with a rest anyhoo.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Endless work stuff. Going to start going back to the office 3 days/week from next week.

How do we know this is actually you??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

Ooohhhhhh good call, MF slopes out to the right and then H3 with a new user name slips in from the left
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Easy day today - not much choice on that one given the weather but could do with a rest anyhoo.

You need a rest from what?

Beautiful day down south. Ganna-esque ride to work. Countdown till home time begins.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2022
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Re-roofing 12 x 8 shed + wood shed* (12 x 4) + bike shed* (8 x 4). *The latter two built on to the former.
    Plus capping, bitumen sealing every felt tack and seam.
    After Tuesdays 1 hour sesh on the rollers which was after Monday's tidying up after trench works which was after 2 weeks of trench works; making a service hatch, cementing joins, wheelbarrowing 14 (IIRC) wheel barrows of gravel, 5 barrows full of rubble (from 100 yds down the road and uphill back), creating an embankment on the exit (which looks rather good if you ask me) and all the back filling, re-assembly of wood shed, moving the wood back into the wood shed...
    But apart from that, I haven't done a lot.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Note to self. Don’t ask Pinno why he’s resting.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

A cunning disguise of my real name.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

I ask myself the same thing frequently...
  • seanoconn

pinno said:

peas bin honk?
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

peas bin honk?
    Dammit. Not so cunning after all.
  • beansnikpoh
    I'll have you know it's double-barrelled.

Peas Bin-Honk of the Warwickshire Bin-Honks.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Re-roofing 12 x 8 shed + wood shed* (12 x 4) + bike shed* (8 x 4). *The latter two built on to the former.
    Plus capping, bitumen sealing every felt tack and seam.
    After Tuesdays 1 hour sesh on the rollers which was after Monday's tidying up after trench works which was after 2 weeks of trench works; making a service hatch, cementing joins, wheelbarrowing 14 (IIRC) wheel barrows of gravel, 5 barrows full of rubble (from 100 yds down the road and uphill back), creating an embankment on the exit (which looks rather good if you ask me) and all the back filling, re-assembly of wood shed, moving the wood back into the wood shed...
    But apart from that, I haven't done a lot.

Sounds like you need a good workman. And have a word with whoever built that shed as they didn't even fix the roof cover properly :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Keeping my feet toasty in the Man Cave as its gone a bit chilly out there again. Plenty to do including putting a wheelbarrow together which came in kit form? Maybe Pinno can do it for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

Any relation to Charles Van Bin-Honk the flat pack king?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Keeping my feet toasty in the Man Cave as its gone a bit chilly out there again. Plenty to do including putting a wheelbarrow together which came in kit form? Maybe Pinno can do it for me.

He’s resting! Are you deaf or something.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Distant cousin, something of the black sheep of the family, we don't really talk about him.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Distant cousin, something of the black sheep of the family, we don't really talk about him.
    Did they ever find the nanny’s body?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

He’s resting! Are you deaf or something.
    What's new?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Quite a pleasant morning for the wobble in, unfortunately I had to ride the pub hack as some twunt knocked my bike over yesterday and has put the mech hanger out of line, the ride home was accompanied by an irritating click. Unfortunately since moving the bike rack indoors a few people have started storing their bikes here rather than at home, not for much longer.
    Who's this new bloke Bin-Honk? How do we know he's not a spammer that's going to try and sell us something? Where's H³, has this new bloke done something with him? Maybe he had his identity stolen when in NYC, he's now homeless and cold over there and some interloper is making full use of his Asgard. I'd better pop round there and check things out, just need to get the right house as they all look the bloody same. I'll take the lad with me in case there's any trouble.
    Pub later as I haven't been drinking enough recently.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

Who's this new bloke Bin-Honk? How do we know he's not a spammer that's going to try and sell us something? Where's H³, has this new bloke done something with him? ...

perhaps this is his inverse incarnation ∛h
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Afternoon folks,
    Quite a pleasant morning for the wobble in, unfortunately I had to ride the pub hack as some twunt knocked my bike over yesterday and has put the mech hanger out of line, the ride home was accompanied by an irritating click. Unfortunately since moving the bike rack indoors a few people have started storing their bikes here rather than at home, not for much longer.

We've got that problem here as well. The previous-but-one office manager was all set to go down with an angle grinder but someone told him that wasn't allowed.

• veronese68
    Good news 'loon. I'm still waiting on exchange of contracts for the old dear even though it was all agreed last week.
  • veronese68
    thistle_ said:

Afternoon folks,

We've got that problem here as well. The previous-but-one office manager was all set to go down with an angle grinder but someone told him that wasn't allowed.

There's an angle grinder not far from the bike rack, I'm sure I could sort something.
  • beansnikpoh
    Nice one 'loon.

Work done for the day, had the fleeting professional pleasure of making a 2nd tier firm partner acting for the buyer look like a tw@t in front of his client, whilst being suitably British and polite in my disdain for his ham-fisted reading of the law. Then I remembered he still gets paid multiples of my salary. Meh.

Quick Chimay trappist thing before bed. I'm pretty sure I should just buy Karpackie or Spesh.
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

Who's this new bloke Bin-Honk? How do we know he's not a spammer that's going to try and sell us something? Where's H³, has this new bloke done something with him? ...

perhaps this is his inverse incarnation ∛h
    Being the cube root of H is now where I'm at.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

He's goin' 'ome, he's goin' 'ome
    This loon is goin' 'ome

An eventful day. Not perhaps the best day to be offline out at work work so having to tap stuff on a phone, but...

Had a property purchase offer made and accepted. Yay. So nigh on 2 years after being forced into the sale of my 'forever home' and since then wound licking in this ok but just that, ok rented place, time for my new world chapter.

And as it's not the fxxxin' stupid Ingerlish system, barring unforeseen issues it's all Go.

And chill. Might just have a wee celebratory glass or 2 or...

Headed back North of the border Loon?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

He's goin' 'ome, he's goin' 'ome
    This loon is goin' 'ome

An eventful day. Not perhaps the best day to be offline out at work work so having to tap stuff on a phone, but...

Had a property purchase offer made and accepted. Yay. So nigh on 2 years after being forced into the sale of my 'forever home' and since then wound licking in this ok but just that, ok rented place, time for my new world chapter.

And as it's not the fxxxin' stupid Ingerlish system, barring unforeseen issues it's all Go.

And chill. Might just have a wee celebratory glass or 2 or...

Headed back North of the border Loon?
    Aye min.