friday why this is friday nor am i out of it

'ning

roads soggy

cafe cure for post squiffiness hang over, wfh dabble, early bail

wednesday's triple-bottle excess was topped by thursday's four: stroll from waldorf for full english at the delauney with the billecart-salmon blanc de blanc to cure the night before, gentle stroll to sate mrs s's shopping compulsion, up to radio for bubbly lunch with b-c nv, rain started, necessitating another b-c nv followed by a b-c brut nature, hic
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Sunny last day, beer on the horizon, maybe some apres.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

No bubbly
    Not much sleep
    Morning run binned off
    Not that windy yet
    WFW
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Meh - must have been beaten up in my sleep because I’ve woken up with a really bad back. Obviously nothing to do with the decent crashes I had running last night 🙄

Work stuff, gym stuff and pub stuff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    What's 'bubbly'?
    Slept like a log.
    What's 'run'?
    Scotland innit.
    Sorting post trench mess.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Doesn't look like 18" to 2 feet in the pics.
    It's all filled in now. I just have to flatten the earth out a little and get rid of building rubble.

• thistle_
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    pinno said:
    I like that. Strangely enough it's not that bad here. Not raining any more and pretty blowy up in the tree tops but not the minor armageddon that we forecast. Headed down to the man cave shortly for a Teams call with a big mug of coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Meh - must have been beaten up in my sleep because I’ve woken up with a really bad back. Obviously nothing to do with the decent crashes I had running last night 🙄

What exactly is a 'decent' crash?

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Tripping of a root (first time) and a rock (second time) and hitting the floor at speed

Not even time to put your hands out to break the fall

• thistle_
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

One where you live but only just.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Tripping of a root (first time) and a rock (second time) and hitting the floor at speed

Can I have fries with that?

Stormy Daniels is ramping up the gusts in The Valley now, pretty strong for non coastal location. And it's non-recycling bin day so... yep, plahstuk keerap flying everywhere.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Surely that cow shit must have cushioned the blow?
  • Stevo_666
    Our bin men must be Southerners as its so dangerous the poor darlings have cancelled today's collection.
  • Stevo_666
    Even the sun's shining now.

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    A nice sunny day here, a bit breezy but nothing like predicted.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday, wandering around the garden securing stuff which might blow away, including my wind turbine. So far, I needn't have bothered.

Hope it stays that way. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo_666 said:

But it seems to have blown your house over.
    Day off here so a slow start is being enjoyed. Off to the old dear's soon to sign contracts for her house, finally. Very glad about that.
    Pub later for the start of the EPO's birthday celebrations.
    A bit blowy out, but not too bad.
    No running for me.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    breezy stroll, ancient greek storm gradually working itself up, pieces of cafes taking off

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Day off here so a slow start is being enjoyed. Off to the old dear's soon to sign contracts for her house, finally. Very glad about that.
    No running for me.
    Sadly the house hasn't landed on the Wicked Witch of West Sevenoaks >:)

Good news on the house sale.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Quite.
    Same for us Westerners.
    Just a couple of miles above the Red zone today, but Wednesday was worse and then we didn’t even merit a yellow.

We usually get around a dozen such storms each winter.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Damage here now. Stuff getting ripped apart and tumbled over. Had used those 50litre bags of topsoil as weights to secure stuff, not enough obvs. xxxx it.
  • capt_slog
    It's started!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

No running for me.
    Sadly the house hasn't landed on the Wicked Witch of West Sevenoaks >:)

Good news on the house sale.
    Yes, all looks good. Contracts signed ready to exchange. What a relief.
    Saw several fences and one tree that looked like photos posted to this site on the way over to the old dear's. Also a Mercedes with a few broken ridge tiles on and around it. Whoops.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Could have washed the mud off before you went to bed last night, dirty b@gger.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    Managed a run around town at lunchtime. It was a bit fresh out there but it's woken me up now >:)
  • capt_slog
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

This is one of those pics which appears in two ways.

When i first saw it, it looked like skin with mud on the surface.
    Later it sort of inverted and then it looked like skin with mud embedded into deep scars.

• tlw1
    oxoman said:

Either way not nice. Been there got the t-shirt and nearly lost the arm to boot. Hopefully it will clean up OK.

All good!
  • pinno
    Shifted my make-shift work table (1/2 table tennis table with ply screwed on top - Donic; very heavy) and whilst I was out getting the girls from school, it fell over.
    If that had happened 20 minutes earlier, it would have landed on Porker #2. Phew!
    Now the thing is strapped to an upright and the car is safe in the car port but it's still blowing a hoolie. No trees down yet.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Shifted my make-shift work table (1/2 table tennis table with ply screwed on top - Donic; very heavy) and whilst I was out getting the girls from school, it fell over.
    If that had happened 20 minutes earlier, it would have landed on Porker #2. Phew!
    Now the thing is strapped to an upright and the car is safe in the car port but it's still blowing a hoolie. No trees down yet.

Phew - sounds like your work table had a lucky escape.