'ning

looks like frequent sogginess goes on for a while

ride or stroll, much wfh-ing, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mmmm very hard to get the motivation to run in the mud fest

Work snizzle then gym with eldest whilst the youngest joins the prawn sandwich brigade at old Trafford. Means a late night to meet my old chap and collect him
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Sacked off running this morning because it was peeing it down. Seems to have stopped though now :neutral:

WFW
    Gym later
  • thistle_
    Looks like me and @ballysmate got another message from a secret admirer last night.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    thistle_ said:

Looks like me and @ballysmate got another message from a secret admirer last night.

Ooh you lucky devils.

Nice wobble in risking rain but managed to stay dry. Not feeling the worse for wear after drinkies. Work avoidance beckons.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bright and breezy here.
    Service hatch, joining, wheelbarrowing (gravel) and get as much as we can done today before a few days of bad weather. Though, i'll be happy to do nothing for a few days bar some indoor pedalling.

@tlw1 Why is Eldest going to Manc central?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Sacked off running this morning...

I thought you were stopping that sillyness?

• pinno
    edited February 2022
    sungod said:

Methinks tomorrow will be soggy.
    Can you have a word with the organiser of the Jet stream?
    Surely celestial hierarchy puts you above a meteorological deity's.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Methinks tomorrow will be soggy.
    Can you have a word with the organiser of the Jet stream?
    Surely celestial hierarchy puts you above a meteorological deity's.

the tabby said it's our own fault, if we wanted nice weather we should have doe something about global warming decades ago, bit late now

managed a quick blast up to the summit of alpe d'hampstead and back, looking at the rain radar i'll manage a cafe stroll as well before the rain hits
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

He has joined my dad & grandad and followed that team.

As my dad gets a few hospitality tickets - bar the football he made a good decision
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

As my dad gets a few hospitality tickets - bar the football he made a good decision
    Manure went back to pre Fergie form (as soon as he left) and long may it last so you can have infinite poke's at 'em.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited February 2022
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Sacked off running this morning...

I thought you were stopping that sillyness?
    I did but not loving the bike much these days and was getting bored and lazy.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Does he live far enough away from Manchester to be considered a true Man U fan though? Chelsea fans visiting Old Trafford sing 'We'll race you back to London' to the Manure fans.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    In the office and it's tanking down outside. Luckily I've brought my own food supplies and there's limitless coffee on tap. At least it'll be dry tomorrow in time for my next trial one legged bike ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,250
    Afternoon folks,
    Wimped out and drove in today, half term lack of traffic swung it for me. The persistent rain is telling me I made the right call. Had a few strange incidents on the bike recently. I think they might have closed a local facility for the hard of thinking or something. One was a woman ran into the side of me as I was riding through the park. Big wide path, woman walking a dog over to the right, so I moved to the left. She starts meandering towards the middle so I called out "on your left" as a warning. She didn't look round but broke into a run and hit side of me as I passed, then screamed. I was on the grass at that point as I'd run out of path trying to avoid the dozy bint. She probably got home and complained about cyclists. Another one was a runnist shouting at me that my light was too bright, it was on the lowest setting and points down a little. I only saw him as the lights at the end of the park disappeared from view for a moment as he blocked my view of them. He was running in the dark dressed head to toe in black. Did I interrupt his attempt at ninja training or something. People are very strange.
    thistle_ said:

Are you rich now from the profits of Liberian gold? I got one of those too, but I ignored it as she didn't say she loved me.

• thistle_

thistle_ said:

Are you rich now from the profits of Liberian gold? I got one of those too, but I ignored it as she didn't say she loved me.
    Ah yeah that's the same one.
    I've transferred the money and I'm waiting to hear back from her lawyer.

I'd like to set up a new email account and wind them up but don't have the time.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Channeling my inner MF and sitting in a carpark, got 1.5h to kill before final property viewing of the day. Going to be dark by then methinks.

Think I'll go for a wander by the water side, pretty location.

Or could just tap away via this free WiFi link I've found. Who can tell?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    thistle_ said:

Has this been going on for a bit?
    Disappointed, I thought he must have considered me a cut above.
  • thistle_

thistle_ said:

Has this been going on for a bit?
    Disappointed, I thought he must have considered me a cut above.
    Did you not get a PM from your secret admirer yesterday?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Nah, nowt, nada, not a sausage.
    Nobody loves me.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

Nah, nowt, nada, not a sausage.
    Nobody loves me.

Shortfall loves you.

Pretty shite meal in the 'Table Table' brand place. Nae haddock so fish 'n' chips off, scampis were ok, fries were distinctly average. All I wanted was a simple hot meal plus 1, yes one, beer. And having loudmouth Inglish bossman sounding off to a couple of his Scottish minions nearby added a lot to the general ambiance. Should have just gone to Tesco.

One more viewing tomorrow morning then scram before Dudley arrives.
  • pinno
    edited February 2022
  • pinno
    Thanks for that Thistle. I forgot how to embed(?) a www. link.
  • pinno
    Ditch dug. Pipework in. Junctions set. Inspection hatch built.
    Now I have to find the energy/window in the weather to fill it all in and re-build the wood shed.
  • pinno
    [Just emptying frikkin draft folder]

No cats were hurt in the making of this draft.

• pinno
    [Emptying the friikin drafts folder]