Soggy Sunday

'Ning

Weather forecast is recommending an ark, but seems dry right now.

Going to soft play later with friends, but don't know if they let adults in.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    'ning

hoping roads will be dry

in which case, ride cafes etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    sungod said:

'ning

hoping roads will be dry

Raining here now.

Even the roads in Zwift are wet, but at least there's no glass to cut tyres.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Great weather for a long run ๐Ÿ™„

Think a swim then sauna may warm me back up.

Later is the pub obviously
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    tlw1 said:

Great weather for a long run ๐Ÿ™„

Think a swim then sauna may warm me back up.

Later is the pub obviously

Wet then wet then wet?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    'Ning (it's catching)

Grey drizzle grey drizzle grey drizzle...
    Was going to wash the car.
    Easy recovery day for me then more excavation the morra.
    I have passed the worst of it - the rest is pretty soft going.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Should have gone for a cycle before imminent rain but wifey isnโ€™t stressed of poorly anymore so opted to stay in bed. Kids football cancelled due to covid. A day of laziness beckons. Steak and dauphinois for dinner.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    The Big Rain hasn't arrived. Yet. No doubt by time I get organised and venture outside to walk to the gym it'll be hosing it down.

The pm will feature a background of some pro riders in the winter sunshine while sorting out Stuff for a trip next week taking an initial foray into my future world. Def time to GMFAT.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Last day of the u14 West Country rugby tour. Most of the kids have been delightful but thereโ€™s a minority who will be informed that theyโ€™re not needed in the squad next year unless they learn what it is to be part of a team. On a rainy M4 heading for Cardiff and a stadium tour (late because of the minority). Fair play to the driver, heโ€™s made some time up. Home this afternoon. Very much looking forward to getting some sleep!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    even windier than yesterday, gloomy, cold, but dry

may binge watch tour de la provence
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon said:

The Big Rain hasn't arrived. Yet. No doubt by time I get organised and venture outside to walk to the gym it'll be hosing it down.

The pm will feature a background of some pro riders in the winter sunshine while sorting out Stuff for a trip next week taking an initial foray into my future world. Def time to GMFAT.

What's that all about then?

Been quiet and busy round here, just making sure I've been usefully occupied all week. Cleaned up a few things, washed and detailed a couple of cars to make them presentable.

Picked up Other Half from hospital this morning. All things considered, he's not too bad. Needs a couple of weeks of decent sleep and some proper care and he should come good.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Light rain here in the middle of Midlands. I don't have to go anywhere that can't be gone to any time during the week, so I'm staying put. Every day is a chill day.

A couple of friends are coming for dinner. It's about time i started on that.

The older I get, the better I was.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Snowing this morning.

We forgot weed is legal here. The boy's face when he saw a van selling the stuff a couple of blocks away. Then again his face when we said he wasn't 21. :D

Up early due to body clock. Dunno what's on the cards today, but it's pretty cold.
  • Landed in Tignes yesterday, great day in the mountains but quite busy.
    Took some the group on an unpisted itinerary. A bit steep at the top but no falls

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Grrr, must remember to landscape quick shots
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Nice one HD, I remember that landmark with the hole in it. Did a bit of off piste in Tignes but the hairiest one was with a day with a guide - he took us down some pretty tricky stuff.

Got out with the hounds in the morning, rain stopped play in the afternoon here so did some jobs and admin instead. Leg is a little bit stiff after yesterday plus an hour or so walking today but coming along nicely. Back on the bike midweek for a bit longer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943

Landed in Tignes yesterday, great day in the mountains but quite busy.
    Took some the group on an unpisted itinerary. A bit steep at the top but no falls

I've never been, and didn't realise it was that steep!

The older I get, the better I was.