friday has been aperiodically tiled

'ning

nippy bright

ride, cafes, wfh including natter with tentacle of gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Back is ferkin sore, so hounds had a quick walk rather than a run. Currently sat in the sex pond to ease it before a day of teams calls.

Later is probably the club and then pub
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    More responding to my inner Keith Flint today - to the woods, to the brash piles, into the fire. Nippy out so good plan from workgroup organiser. Can I be bothered faffing about with my own baked potato? Nah.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    You murderise a lot of greenery 'Loon. Handy being tall I guess.

First frost since that freak frost in frikkin November.
    Today will be mowstly measuring and ordering Polypipe from Jewsons and feet up 'cos i'm knackered.

Hot tub in the a.m?
    There's no way you did you know. No way. Don't invite Seano for the weekend.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

WFW
    Party like it's 2021 later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Hospital yesterday for my ultrasound.

Doctor “tell me about your shoulder?”

Me “it’s a frozen shoulder.”

Doctor examines

Doctor “it’s a classic frozen shoulder.”

Me “that’s what I just said.”

Doctor “yes ok, you’ll need an ultrasound and a steroid injection.”

Me “that’s why I’m here.”

Doctor “you’re not getting them today. Come back and see me in three months.”

Me 😢
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    orraloon said:

More responding to my inner Keith Flint today - to the woods, to the brash piles, into the fire. Nippy out so good plan from workgroup organiser. Can I be bothered faffing about with my own baked potato? Nah.

Twisted fire-starter!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Hot tub in the a.m?
    There's no way you did you know. No way. Don't invite Seano for the weekend.

I’d wear swimming trunks. But I’ll do a bit of manscaping just in case 👍
  • seanoconn
    Baby sitting duties later followed by a weekend of kids parties, kids football etc etc. when will it end! 😩
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Doctor examines

Me 😢

Can you bash it with something? I mean; with your good arm?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn said:

Doctor examines

Me 😢

At least you know what's wrong.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2022
    Morning folks,

Busy day here, which wasn't really wanted as I'm a year older today and was hoping for an easy one but that's life. Cider may feature later on in any event.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    It's like that Tommy Cooper sketch.

I went to the doctor and I said "My arm hurts when I do this" [raises arm]
    and he said "Don't do it then".
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning folks,

Busy day here, which wasn't really wanted as I'm a year older today and was hoping for an easy one but that's life. Cider may feature later on in any event.

Happy birthday Stevo 🥳🥳🥳🥳 🎂
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday Stevo
  • Site meeting sorted so f*** this I'm finishing for another holiday.
    Hopefully this time TUI will have sorted their sh** shower of a check in queue and I'll be able to provide the airport beer photo.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Enjoying a bit of wfh, not enjoying the w bit, but the fh is good. Knackered after gong to deepest darkest Croydon last night. That saves me having to go over this weekend at least. Things seem to be moving in the right direction with the old dear's house purchase, fingers crossed.
    Happy birthday Stevo. Seano must be nearly as old as you with his frozen shoulder. Actually i had that a while ago and it's bloody annoying. I had the scan and steroid injection thing, physio department told me to book in with them for 3 months after it was done. Had the injection and the doc asked if I was gonig for physio, told him what they'd said and he was not impressed. He said to start immediately, so I whipped it out and started wankingitout there and then. He said that bit could wait, but made me lift my arm higher than I'd been able to for the previous 12 months.
    Anyway, pub later as it's Friday
  • seanoconn

Afternoon folks,
    Enjoying a bit of wfh, not enjoying the w bit, but the fh is good. Knackered after gong to deepest darkest Croydon last night. That saves me having to go over this weekend at least. Things seem to be moving in the right direction with the old dear's house purchase, fingers crossed.
    Happy birthday Stevo. Seano must be nearly as old as you with his frozen shoulder. Actually i had that a while ago and it's bloody annoying. I had the scan and steroid injection thing, physio department told me to book in with them for 3 months after it was done. Had the injection and the doc asked if I was gonig for physio, told him what they'd said and he was not impressed. He said to start immediately, so I whipped it out and started wankingitout there and then. He said that bit could wait, but made me lift my arm higher than I'd been able to for the previous 12 months.

Mentioned shoulder problem seemed to come on after second jab and the consultant said while there is no medical evidence, they have seen an increase in cases and have been discussing the connection.

Where is the old dear moving to?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn said:

Round the corner from the current place, smaller house and half the price. Frees up some cash so she needn't worry about money and the old house needs work and is far too big for her.
    That reminds me, there may be a new dogging venue in Raynes Park. Stopped by hers en route to Croydull last night and there were lots of cars pulling up and going to the playing fields opposite. But no games going on as it was dark.
    If you're not getting any at the moment you could stop by the new Morley Park and check it out. You may remember it as the grounds for the Old Wimbledonians a few years back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited February 2022

That reminds me, there may be a new dogging venue in Raynes Park. Stopped by hers en route to Croydull last night and there were lots of cars pulling up and going to the playing fields opposite. But no games going on as it was dark.

Thanks, will check it out when I'm next in the area.
  • masjer
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Mentioned shoulder problem seemed to come on after second jab and the consultant said while there is no medical evidence, they have seen an increase in cases and have been discussing the connection.

You should Google SIRVA. Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration. It's not the vaccine itself that causes the problem, just bad injection placement.
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

You should Google SIRVA. Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration. It's not the vaccine itself that causes the problem, just bad injection placement.
    I did, that’s what I thought. 👍
  • masjer
    seanoconn said:

masjer said:

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

seanoconn said:

masjer said:

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

I suppose you may never know if that was the cause, but it sounds quite likely (with the timing).
  • orraloon
    This twisted firestarter delegated to a newbie enthusiast, she can join the Prodigy as well now, she wanted to learn how to build and tend a Big Fire. Successful? Depends on one's definition of Big, but no bad for a newbie quine.

So instead joined the teams felling ash, mostly dead now due to die back disease, and other non Hazels, clear the space and plan to layer the existing ones to encourage new growth and regeneration. All hand saws, no chain coz of elf 'n' safetee, so pretty crackered now. Good day though. Cold beer beckons, again.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    arrived early, ordered a bottle of bolly to keep me going 😀

chin chin
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    How old are you Stevo?!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

seanoconn said:

Round the corner from the current place, smaller house and half the price. Frees up some cash so she needn't worry about money and the old house needs work and is far too big for her.
    If you're not getting any at the moment you could stop by the new Morley Park and check it out. You may remember it as the grounds for the Old Wimbledonians a few years back.
    I walk the dog down from Copse Hill along the path through what was Atkinson Morley hospital. Maybe I'll linger a little longer.

Unfortunately my test was negativo, and I would literally rather be anywhere else in the world than within a mile of Mrs H³. I might hop out of a window overnight and do a bunk.
  • orraloon
    Come on hb what's Fonzie like? He's cool. Correctamundo, that's what we're gonna be.

😉
  • pinno
    How old are you Stevo?!
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

I walk the dog down from Copse Hill along the path through what was Atkinson Morley hospital. Maybe I'll linger a little longer.

Unfortunately my test was negativo, and I would literally rather be anywhere else in the world than within a mile of Mrs H³. I might hop out of a window overnight and do a bunk.
    Whassup wiv Mrs H³, H³.
  • I need to get up in three hours, the down side to that is the somewhere inbetween I need to get down...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

How old are you Stevo?!

Just turned 56 - rather appropriately in the local pub, given my exact time of birth :)