• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    Everyone seems up early today.
    Maybe run.
    Definitely WFH.WFW :confused:
    Maybe out up a hill tonight.

I thought you were going to do less of that running stuff and I thought your Achilles were hurting.
    Do you think you can waffle any old sh1t and we'll not notice?

Dull here.
    Tomorrow: windy, cold brrr apparently.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Chaos at work, I'm having the building cladding and roof stripped and replaced.

Everyone and his dog have arrived in separate vehicles including three artics full of cladding, the netting guys and asbestos skip deliveries.

People are running around like idiots, personally I'm sat in my office drinking tea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Busy morning here, lots of stuff piled in unexpectedly and waiting for a delivery to turn up. May have to delegate more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Work. Sooo political and toxic, so tempted to leave. Its just unhealthy. Really can't understand why and its awful for all concerned but they can't see what they are doing to each other.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning
    Everyone seems up early today.
    Maybe run.
    Definitely WFH.WFW :confused:
    Maybe out up a hill tonight.

I thought you were going to do less of that running stuff and I thought your Achilles were hurting.
    Hence not going running.
  • Tired.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    [Yes I know it was yesterday]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ideMIyvy0
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I'm trying to think of that quote by Turner about English light...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

I'm trying to think of that quote by Turner about English light...

This one?
    Turner, T said:

God bless all the weak, God bless all the strong,
    God bless all the children who go wrong...
    Bring us closer together - don't let us stray
    From the love that lights our way...

• MattFalle

Tired.

what's been occurin?
  • MattFalle said:

Tired.

what's been occurin?
    Oh, just life, or what passes for it. Not doing a great job of just letting shït happen lately.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    How's the lobotomy gone then Oxo?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lotsa love from SW20 to Tassie.

Been suffering here. Same old shyyte, plus losing my star performer to PWC. @Stevo_666, the lad is 27, he's moved into an SM role in the international inbound team. 27, at least I got a year out of him. Also put my shyyte perfomer on a performance improvement plan on Thursday, she resigned yesterday. I have 3 vacancies. If you're a top tax guy or gal, willing to work for a brummyish tw@t; international, m&a, structuring, transfer pricing, indirect (including customs, please including customs). Preference for doing stuff when asked, computers and not antagonising Japanese guys.

Taking solace in long walks with the dog and whankingitout. Back at the office as much as poss post NY, the ride will help.

If covid avoids me, I'm in New York from Saturday. Mrs H³ is paying, so it's sungod class. Biz out, actual first home. Very shallow I know, but that's basically my only ever actual life goal completed, to travel 1st class on an aircraft.

My next one will be to compete in the Times xword championships.

The one after that will be to progress to the finals.

Winning is not an option given the competition.

Otherwise, a new butcher shop is open in the Village. I bought some A1 bavette at the weekend, served à l'échalote, finished with just a tablespoon of pan juice, pretend demi‐glace, cognac and cream. Waxy spuds roasted in dripping and garnished with lovely fresh steamed winter greens with black pepper.

They have beautiful looking iberico pork at a price. Working out what I might do with a collar.

Putting my feet up in the candlelight, remembering Issie, wishing that the petrol and trebuchet worked for grief.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb said:

Been suffering here. Same old shyyte, plus losing my star performer to PWC. @Stevo_666, the lad is 27, he's moved into an SM role in the international inbound team. 27, at least I got a year out of him. Also put my shyyte perfomer on a performance improvement plan on Thursday, she resigned yesterday. I have 3 vacancies. If you're a top tax guy or gal, willing to work for a brummyish tw@t; international, m&a, structuring, transfer pricing, indirect (including customs, please including customs). Preference for doing stuff when asked, computers and not antagonising Japanese guys.

Sorry, H3, I have no rejects to spare. Coincidentally we're just pilfering someone from PwC and nabbing another from our shared service centre to expand the evil empire. Followed by tapping up the boss for more money because my role has grown...how convenient. Currently antagonising the Kindom of Far Far Away over their badly conceived plans to use up their pile of Japanese NOLs, luckily we've managed to enlist some heavyweight support.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • OH is in hospital again this week for the second of 3 operations, which was done yesterday.

Arbitrary rules say they are allowing no visitors whatsoever for patients (unless children or palliative care only) so I'm left staring at the phone waiting for updates. So far, the news is ok. No "major" issues, although has side effects already such as double vision again, balance problems, and hopefully temporary hearing loss.

But, still here
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    edited February 2022

OH is in hospital again this week for the second of 3 operations, which was done yesterday.

Arbitrary rules say they are allowing no visitors whatsoever for patients (unless children or palliative care only) so I'm left staring at the phone waiting for updates. So far, the news is ok. No "major" issues, although has side effects already such as double vision again, balance problems, and hopefully temporary hearing loss.

But, still here

Edited for an attempted joke. Apologies.
    I do hope all goes well.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Spinner has a very different relationship with his other half than many of us.
    Hope all goes as well as it can do, can't begin to imagine how frustrating sitting and waiting must be.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

Putting my feet up in the candlelight, remembering Issie, wishing that the petrol and trebuchet worked for grief.

H3
    Thoughts with you as always - drop a line anytime if you need/want.
  • MattFalle

OH is in hospital again this week for the second of 3 operations, which was done yesterday.

But, still here

Only words from my side WS but hope all goes well - sound off anytime you need to, its part of the BB way.