saturday superluminal pineapples catalysed protogalaxy formation in the early universe

'ning

cold but dry, unlike tomorrow's forecast of mild and soggy

ride cafes and laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    TDV and bambina gone for the weekend, bambino snoozing, drinking coffee listening to birds. Its really quite tranquillo.

Will Zwift in a bit then onwards and upwards.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    where is he going for taster week Oxo? whens he off?
  • MattFalle
    It'll be mega - real, real change but a great experience whatever happens.

Just remember to tell him that yes, its massively inefficient, illogical and most of the time plain daft, but go with the flow, smile and don't think about the ridiculousness of it all.
  • MattFalle
    Flip side, he's leaving current employer to go to something completely different that will give him massive life experience, transferable skills, networking, etc - its not like he's going to a competitor so if he doesn't like it/it all goes wrong (injury, etc) theres no real reason why, so long as he plays the game when leaving current employer, they won't look favourably upon a potential return.

i personally think he's making a brilliant decison and am kinda jealous.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    oxoman said:

Towards the end of the month and somewhere near Portsmouth I believe.

Prossies are cheaper in Plymouth.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Dull dull dull and very windy and very cold. Did I tell you it was dull, windy and cold?
    Snowdrops are out.
    Roller sesh on the cards methinks.
  • MattFalle
    portsmouth prossies perform perfectly and propmtly in penny pinching plymouth?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Towards the end of the month and somewhere near Portsmouth I believe.

Prossies are cheaper in Plymouth.
    Never knew you had spent time on the South Coast.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Not been up that long :) Well earned lie in had, glad the hounds didn't need an early crap.

Will head to the big outdoors soon. Car needs a wash as it's filthy from the roads round here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859

Getting ready for the rugby
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

portsmouth prossies perform perfectly and propmtly in penny pinching plymouth?

Planning for professional Portsmouth prossies prevents pi$$ poor performance in Plymouth?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, hopefully just mild pottering today. Knackered after a hectic week so don't want to be doing too much. Will probably watch the rugby, that's about as strenuous as it gets.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    I really don't get the baked beans breakfast vibe. Not for me. Nor beer at breakfast, would make me boak.

Sun shining for now, but feels bleepin' cold. To the gym, do the physio regimes, help the body mend / sort itself out. To be followed by sports ogling I think.

• MattFalle
    Quick one - can anyone remember the company that makes carbon seatposts for Pinarello?

thought it was PMP Composites but quick Google brings up nothing Pinarello seatpost related.

WW link from old times also no luck....
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Had a supervisor meeting this morning, data gathering phase is throwing up some interesting stuff. Will be presenting at a conference in July. Looking forward to the rugby, expecting wales to get properly stuffed. Going to push ahead with the flat bar conversion of the contend frame. Still need wheels, headset, shifters and mechs. Just got to make the decision about 10 or 11 speed. There’s a set of deore shifters on evil bay for £35. Already bought some mechanical disc brakes, tektro ones. Probably should’ve gone for a cheap set of hydraulic ones instead, might just sell on the tektros, probably at a loss, and get what I should have first time round. Marking planned for later.
  • pinno
    edited February 2022
    MattFalle said:

Quick one - can anyone remember the company that makes carbon seatposts for Pinarello?

thought it was PMP Composites but quick Google brings up nothing Pinarello seatpost related.

Out of curiosity, why do you want a Pinarello seatpost?

My Pinarello had a carbon post and the 'Pinarello' was a decal.
  • MattFalle said:

Don't Selcof do OEM for some of the Italian brands?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    MF, just get something that looks carbon-ny and put a Pinnarello sticker on it. Being a bike tart doesn't have to be expensive.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'noon
    Not much achieved so far today, fighting with some radio equipment that's refusing to be programmed.
    Raining now, should've gone out this morning.
    The woman next door's getting a good seeing to by someone.
  • MattFalle
    Re the above - already have the seat post (spare that came with the Prince) but missing the cradle the seat tubes sit in so want to drop them a line and see if I can get one off them.

• MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Don't Selcof do OEM for some of the Italian brands?
    hmmm - worth a look.

grazie!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MF, just get something that looks carbon-ny and put a Pinnarello sticker on it. Being a bike tart doesn't have to be expensive.

normally i'd agree 100% 😀😀
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

see above my learned friend!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

see above my learned friend!
    This, lovely:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334207764277?hash=item4dd055c735:g:6owAAOSwZOZhf~uR
  • pinno
    I like my RSP posts.