friday accelerating pointy things for a purpose

'ning

ride if not soggy, cafes, wfh-ing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run, work, first drinks of the week 😎

Probably the gym before the drinks and hopefully we will finish with a decent swim this time, unlike yesterday when the current wife picked up the kids PE kit bag rather than her gym bag 😂
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Tired. Slow day ahead, so start with a bit of Zwift/gym then see how it goes.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Wet 'n' windy out there, bah and. Off to give Hazel(s) a good seeing to, à la mode of coppicing that is. Forecast to stop raining in a couple of hours, so... wet 'n' mucky it is.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Jeezo, it's gaan calt and thars a fair win from o ar yonner.

Will pick up Merc from bodyshop today, wahey. Shall buy some Ceramic coting stuff for it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Probably the gym before the drinks and hopefully we will finish with a decent swim this time, unlike yesterday when the current wife picked up the kids PE kit bag rather than her gym bag 😂

Grown woman in girls PE kit 🤔

Interesting 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Will pick up Merc from bodyshop today, wahey. Shall buy some Ceramic coting stuff for it.

Pinno old buddy. Are these old cars worth the cost/effort? How often do you drive them?
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Wet 'n' windy out there, bah and. Off to give Hazel(s) a good seeing to, à la mode of coppicing that is. Forecast to stop raining in a couple of hours, so... wet 'n' mucky it is.

Has community service Fridays finished yet?
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

'ning

Rain stops play. Coffee and naval gazing on the agenda this morning.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Pinno old buddy. Are these old cars worth the cost/effort? How often do you drive them?
    The Merc I picked up for a mere £650 needing a bit of TLC. 1 owner from new, full MBSH, mint full leather interior. Couldn't pass on it. Used it for 3 years whilst I did PPP - and didn't know what monies I would have left over from that so bought it as a cheap runabout.
    I'll sell it soon after a service stamp and some niggling bits n pieces to sort.

I'm looking for £4k and if I get something near that, it hasn't cost me a penny. Good examples are fetching that and it really is a sellers market. People are paying silly money for vehicles at the mo.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Has community service Fridays finished yet?
    I did not break any rules. No one told me b..bb..bb. pwfaw. It was Stevo's fault. Bibble.

Still raining, bugrit. Off to get wet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

Rain stops play. Coffee and naval gazing on the agenda this morning.
    yep, bucketing down here

already in the mood to lay waste to nations, grrr

• MattFalle
    Just been busted for speeding by the Po Po.

3.5 mph over the limit through an empty country road.

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

• seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Even the bambini laughed at him but fair play, he's only doing his job on a cold rainy morning.

Bummer, pretty mean po po. Not a good start to Friday 😔
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    MattFalle said:

Sounds like they're not playing by the 10% +2 rule. Nasty plod. Probably a speed awareness course for you sonny.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited February 2022
    It's orrible outside so I'm staying in the kitchen for a bit longer. No meetings till later. Had an interesting chat with a recruitment bod yesterday - one that I've known since the 90's (and trust, which is quite rare).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    yup. too much power for the road.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Bummer, pretty mean po po. Not a good start to Friday 😔
    He was taking it all too seriously but fortunately he just passed on "words of advice" so I fought the law and won.

#rebelinanAygo
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

It's orrible outside so I'm staying in the kitchen for a bit longer. No meetings till later. Had an interesting chat with a recruitment bod yesterday - one that I've known since the 90's (and trust, which is quite rare).

Can you send a coffee up to the mezzanine for around 1 please?
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

you recruiting or being recruited?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Interesting 🤔
    The kid's reaction when he turns up at school and realises he has his mum's PE kit would be more interesting.

Currently dry. Run later, maybe.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

made me think of this for some reason, which is not a bad thing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

In the Argo? 😳
    Must have been downhill with a tailwind.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Very glad it's Friday, wfh today which is a welcome change, especially given how grim the weather was earlier. Usual nonsense to deal with, why do people with no common sense try to use it? Come to that why is it called common sense when it seems to be rather uncommon?
    POETS day so going to a local hostelry with the EPO later to start the weekend the right way.
    I didn't realise Stevo had known Rick before this forum.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    edited February 2022
    Jersey speed limit is 40mph (even an Aygo can do this), but there are loads of 15-20-30mph. Green lanes (country lanes) are 15mph limit, so 10%+2= 3.5mph, it could still work. So about 18.5mph and you could get booked.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

you recruiting or being recruited?
    Am recruiting. But also having a word about going rates for my type of job, which seem to have gone up a fair bit, so turns out I'm a tad underpaid now and will be talking to the boss about it.
  • MattFalle
    new minion not worked out or different position?

if you can get a bump that'll be nice..... new toy or two 😁😁😁
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

made me think of this for some reason, which is not a bad thing
    Can't get that song out of my head now :unamused:

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    I never liked the Jersey police system. It has an elected Honorary system whereby anyone elected (a plumber, postman or caretaker etc) takes on the role of a policeman/woman. If you know these people, you can walk away from many offences (driving whist intoxicated was a common one), It’s a who you know, not what you do system.
    Obviously, MF has been p1ssing these Honorary Police off!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    masjer said:

Obviously, MF has been p1ssing these Honorary Police off!

That would be quite an achievement from Wales, but then the MFs do seem quite adept at upsetting a few on here so who knows :D